Biden's speech. Pretty damn good

It was actually the first segment of the convention I have watched. But I knew it was tonight and planned to give a listen, though I already planned to vote for the Biden/Harris Ticket. I liked it. A President for the whole country not just the the party faithful but the whole country, including those that do not support. He did a good delivery, smooth, steady and deliberate. He is somebody Democrat can get behind and someone Republican can get behind and he will try to re-unite the country. Did anybody see the statement of support, of 70 Republican National Security officials that put out a joint letter tonight, with officials from trump administration, going all the way back to the Reagan administration. Here is a link.
I personally know several republican that voted for Trump that will not vote for him again. Many people that voted for him believed he really would drain the swamp not being a politician or an insider. What no one knew was that swamp would be drained into the White House. He's had 7 close advisors indited, the worst since Watergate. It takes real commitment to vote for a morally bankrupt impeached president that surrounds himself with criminals, and in his own words confesses to the nation that he tried to barter US security for political favors.

Last edited:
It was actually the first segment of the convention I have watched. But I knew it was tonight and planned to give a listen, though I already planned to vote for the Biden/Harris Ticket. I liked it. A President for the whole country not just the the party faithful but the whole country, including those that do not support. He did a good delivery, smooth, steady and deliberate. He is somebody Democrat can get behind and someone Republican can get behind and he will try to re-unite the country. Did anybody see the statement of support, of 70 Republican National Security officials that put out a joint letter tonight, with officials from trump administration, going all the way back to the Reagan administration. Here is a link.
I personally know several republican that voted for Trump that will not vote for him again. Many people that voted for him believed he really would drain the swamp not being a politician or an insider. What no one knew was that swamp would be drained into the White House. 7 close advisors to the president indited, the worst since Watergate.

By democrat lawyers pretending to be Federal attorneys.......legal warfare taken to the next level..but what should we expect when obama used the FBI, the CIA, the DOJ, and the State Department to persecute Flynn, Page, and to spy on Trump........

I personally know several republican that voted for Trump that will not vote for him again. Many people that voted for him believed he really would drain the swamp not being a politician or an insider. What no one knew was that swamp would be drained into the White House. 7 close advisors to the president indited, the worst since Watergate.

Anyone who says they are republicans who aren't going to vote for Trump were not republicans to begin with......

Anyone who says they are republicans who aren't going to vote for Trump were not republicans to begin with......
Americans First, Republicans Second. It is not about the party. It is about the man (or what passes for one) trump and it is about the United States of America. Read the letter from 70 Republican National security officials and maybe you will understand. Some things are bigger than party.
We are profoundly concerned about our nation's security and standing in the world under the leadership of Donald Trump. The President has demonstrated he is extremely unfit to serve anther term.

The entirety of the letter, their points, and reasoning is linked below, along with the names of the Republicans, (many of them household names) if you keep up with such things, are linked below. I am an Independent, but I agree with these Republic gentlemen and leaders, that have kept this country safe for many years.

Americans First, Republicans Second. It is not about the party. It is about the man (or what passes for one) trump and it is about the United States of America. Read the letter from 70 Republican National security officials and maybe you will understand. Some things are bigger than party.
We are profoundly concerned about our nation's security and standing in the world under the leadership of Donald Trump. The President has demonstrated he is extremely unfit to serve anther term.

The entirety of the letter, their points, and reasoning is linked below, along with the names of the Republicans, (many of them household names) if you keep up with such things, are linked below. I am an Independent, but I agree with these Republic gentlemen and leaders, that have kept this country safe for many years.

Trump has done more for world security than those clowns could ever dream of doing.......he has stood up to Russia, China and now is making actual peace in the middle east.....

These are the same asshats who couldn't finish off isis, who allowed hilary to take out qaddafi, creating the worst refugee crisis since World War 2, gave up 150 billion dollars to Iran, the chief state sponsor of terrorism around the world, who used that money to kill American Soldiers, and to increase their ability to get nuclear weapons, who have allowed china to become a major threat to the U.S.....

And that is just off the top of my head...

If those morons were so great, that list wouldn't have been as easy to write...

Where in the speech does Biden talk policies?
I personally know several republican that voted for Trump that will not vote for him again. Many people that voted for him believed he really would drain the swamp not being a politician or an insider. What no one knew was that swamp would be drained into the White House. He's had 7 close advisors indited, the worst since Watergate. It takes real commitment to vote for a morally bankrupt impeached president that surrounds himself with criminals, and in his own words confesses to the nation that he tried to barter US security for political favors.
The DEEP STATE is very powerful, like the FASCISTS. They can easily manufacture crimes with their control over many attorney generals.

Most people don't have the resources to go against DEEP STATE so totally innocent people have their lives ruined.

The DEEP STATE is very powerful, like the FASCISTS. They can easily manufacture crimes with their control over many attorney generals.

Most people don't have the resources to go against DEEP STATE so totally innocent people have their lives ruined.

And it is the same Southern District of New York....where the democrat there is an anti-Trumper to their core..

WARMONGERS Gotta WAR

TRUMP is withdrawing troops. Biden, on the other hand, has signed on to every military action since Vietnam.

Trump has done more for world security than those clowns could ever dream of doing.......he has stood up to Russia, China and now is making actual peace in the middle east.....

These are the same asshats who couldn't finish off isis, who allowed hilary to take out qaddafi, creating the worst refugee crisis since World War 2, gave up 150 billion dollars to Iran, the chief state sponsor of terrorism around the world, who used that money to kill American Soldiers, and to increase their ability to get nuclear weapons, who have allowed china to become a major threat to the U.S.....

And that is just off the top of my head...

If those morons were so great, that list wouldn't have been as easy to write...
Doubt you read their letter. Which of the points did you disagree was accurate?

A President for the whole country not just the the party faithful but the whole country, including those that do not support.
Funny how if it's a guy YOU support, he's a "uniter," but if you dont support him, he's a "divider."
President's can only unite the country in times of crisis, such as FDR did with the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Kennedy with the Cuban Missile Crisis, and Bush with 911.

Trump could have done that with Covid but he failed miserably. The reason being, he was trying to win an election and had no interest in leading the country. He saw the virus as a real danger to his re-election so he first ignored it, then downplayed, then opposed this medical advisors in favor of what he believed would play well with voters. He attacked governors and mayors in blue states and our largest cities that were in the middle of a true medical disaster while praising governors and mayors in red states that were having comparability few problems. He opposes just about everything his Pandemic Response Committee had agreed on. And instead of standing before the nation and taking responsibility, taking charge, and explaining his plan to defeat the virus, he blamed the CDC for test failure, refused to take any responsibility for the virus, blamed the FDA for test regulations, blamed China for not releasing information, the WHO, the democrats, etc, etc. He did just about everything he could to divide divert, and shift blame, tactics that can work in an election but certainly not in an epidemic.

Last edited:

BS. Nobody in his inner circle is totally innocent and you will not find any of them selling pencils on the corner to make ends meet. Oh, Oh those poor, poor people. :boo_hoo14:

Shortest nomination speech since Walter Mondale. Walter who?

Bidens handlers knew the longer he spoke the more opportunity for him to fuck everything up....thus they wanted to keep it very short.

But alas.....he still screwed up.

Yes, speech was good. But all lies. With one breath it is build America up. But reality of dems is to turn America into Mexico as fast as possible.

Would never, ever vote for a filthy dem. Reps are scum as well, but you can keep your guns and dont have to pay healthcare fines. That's about best you can hope for.
what about health care daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations? And ID card that would end illegal immigration like other countries? Real tax cuts for regular people for a change?

Yes.....he got all of that done in the 47 years he has worked for government....

Oh, yeah...he didn't....so why would you expect him to get it done now?
It is way overdue to have reform of this GOP give away to the rich Mess we have now. living wage health Care daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training ID card to end illegal immigration. This is just so stupid. GOP total obstruction for 30 40 years now. Time to go nuclear-all Republicans do is use reconciliation to cut taxes on the rich and screw everybody else. Quite a scam

In Sleepy Joe’s speech, we heard a lot of platitudes, but if you read between the lines, you heard about Joe’s plan to raise taxes, increase regulation and take us back to all the same policies of the last administration that resulted in the slowest economic recovery since the Great Depression

(see how nice i am? i said "the last administration" instead of "the obama administration"!)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^WHAT HE SAID^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2008 was another great depression. Cost like 8 trillion dollars to fix. Great job by the GOP as usual. The usual corrupt bubble and bust they have every time they get eight years in office. And the Obama recovery was slightly better than the Trump continuation. With another 2 trillion dollars in debt for a tax cut for the rich. GOP is a lying cheating disaster.

By democrat lawyers pretending to be Federal attorneys.......legal warfare taken to the next level..but what should we expect when obama used the FBI, the CIA, the DOJ, and the State Department to persecute Flynn, Page, and to spy on Trump........
Sure just make up stuff who needs evidence or courtrooms when you have con man and lying scumbags.

So Trump is the deep State? I got it now.

It's a conspiracy!!! Not

" Bureaucratic Authoritarian Clowns Waiting In The Wings "

* People Versus Policies *

It is not about trump or the parties , it is about the policies that are promoted by the parties .

I am most inclined to be a pro-choice republican against gun control , against illegal immigration , against giving us citizenship to children born of illegal migrants , against mass immigration - refugees and 1.4 million permanent without a merit based system and first come first served from countries numerically over represented globally and lacking adequate skill sets or mental faculties , and loathing of the anti-racist racist , sack evil whitey behind every bush , load of idiocy promoted by the left .

Small minds discuss people , average minds discuss events , great minds discuss ideas . - Eleanor Roosevelt .

Forum List

Back