Big brother to force you to stop at a red light

I read the link. If you set the cruise control to 30 mph, the automated driver system will be able to cruise through city streets because the new automated driver system recognizes stop lights.

Shoot...........................I thought everyone was excited about these automated cars. We've seen enough stories where people are sleeping on their way to work because they set the car to automatic.

Stopping at a red light amounts to public safety.
Making it mandatory is in the public interest

You know, I ride a bicycle on a regular basis to keep in shape, and these automated driving systems give me a bit of hope that the chances of me being ran over by a car are greatly reduced.

Just a couple of years ago, a woman was riding with a group of other cyclists when some guy in a truck was talking on his cell, dropped the phone, bent down to retrieve it, and while he was not looking at the road, he plowed into the cyclists.

Automated driving systems would have prevented something like that.

How about installing red light cameras and then shortening yellow lights to produce more citations/revenue? That's how they do it in Kalifornia.
They are getting rid of them here because the private companies are scamming the system by making the yellow lights shorter. (they get part of the $$$ for each ticket....capitalism for you)
The government compact you made has caused this. Even in non prog areas. Capitalism! You mean crony ass political corruption or ineptitude trying to get every last dollar they can get for the endless agendas.

How dare the government tell me what I can and can't do in my privately owned motor vehicle!

It's nothing short tyranny and a slippery slope to doing away with all our freedoms!

Rise up and revolt now!

in some ways I'm very supportive of the idea however anything that makes an artificial decision is potentially catastrophic.

The new cars with brake sensors on the front seemed like a great idea until recently a newspaper blew across the highway and tripped the braking sensor in one of the elite SUVs equipped with such machinery. The resulting rear-end collision killed the person behind the SUV.

Jo
Yeah but what if it were an animal or a person? you would have had the same result because the trailing car was not properly separated from the car in front of him/her...and if the trailing car also had sensors the outcome likely would have been different...did the newspaper make those distinctions? if not it was a propaganda piece.

Stopping at a red light amounts to public safety.
Making it mandatory is in the public interest
Evidently, a red light is nothing more than a suggestion to some people.
Conservatives

How dare you force me to stop when I want to break the law?
Oh c'mon.
You can't tell me every woman yapping on her phone weaving in and out of traffic with "I'm with Her" Hillary stickers still on their vehicles are all conservatives now?

They are getting rid of them here because the private companies are scamming the system by making the yellow lights shorter. (they get part of the $$$ for each ticket....capitalism for you)

How is it capitalism?

You know, I ride a bicycle on a regular basis to keep in shape, and these automated driving systems give me a bit of hope that the chances of me being ran over by a car are greatly reduced.

Just a couple of years ago, a woman was riding with a group of other cyclists when some guy in a truck was talking on his cell, dropped the phone, bent down to retrieve it, and while he was not looking at the road, he plowed into the cyclists.

Automated driving systems would have prevented something like that.
intelligence would have helped too....

People don't know how to do basic maintenance on a car anymore. Change the oil, install new brake pads, basic engine tune-up, check the spark plugs, that sort of thing.

That's the problem. People got a commercial driver's license in high heels. Helpless females can't ruin their manicure, gotta take it to a profession shop, bilk the rest of us on that whole racket.

Look it up in the manual & learn to disable any unnecessary third party electronic controls in your car.

You act like you're under a court-order breathalyzer device to start your car & there's nothing you can do about it.

People don't know how to do basic maintenance on a car anymore. Change the oil, install new brake pads, basic engine tune-up, check the spark plugs, that sort of thing.

That's the problem. People got a commercial driver's license in high heels. Helpless females can't ruin their manicure, gotta take it to a profession shop, bilk the rest of us on that whole racket.

Look it up in the manual & learn to disable any unnecessary third party electronic controls in your car.

You act like you're under a court-order breathalyzer device to start your car & there's nothing you can do about it.

Hate to tell you, but if you have a car that was built in the past 10 years or so and has a computer, you can't do much maintenance unless you have one to diagnose it with.

And....................spark plugs aren't as easy to change anymore either. My roomie has a PT Cruiser, and she just had work done on the engine. In order to replace the spark plugs on her car, most of the top part of the engine has to be removed in order to get at them. When she was getting other work done, I told her to have the spark plugs and wires changed as well, and the mechanic said that it was good we were doing it with all the other work, because otherwise, getting to them would be a job in and of itself.

Nope, sorry, but the days of being able to do basic maintenance on an engine are long gone, unless you have a car that was built before the 80's.

Hate to tell you, but if you have a car that was built in the past 10 years or so and has a computer, you can't do much maintenance unless you have one to diagnose it with.

And....................spark plugs aren't as easy to change anymore either. My roomie has a PT Cruiser, and she just had work done on the engine. In order to replace the spark plugs on her car, most of the top part of the engine has to be removed in order to get at them. When she was getting other work done, I told her to have the spark plugs and wires changed as well, and the mechanic said that it was good we were doing it with all the other work, because otherwise, getting to them would be a job in and of itself.

Nope, sorry, but the days of being able to do basic maintenance on an engine are long gone, unless you have a car that was built before the 80's.
I have a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe with 210,000 miles on it
Still has original plugs and wires , original exhaust system,

I have a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe with 210,000 miles on it
Still has original plugs and wires , original exhaust system,

I hope you never have to change them, because it's an engine tear down to get to them.

I’m not a fan of this, but such things become necessary when the human beings refuse to follow the law on their own...

In other words: this comes up because you dimwits don’t bother to stop for the red light yourselves.

Forget backseat drivers, hell forget annoying front seat passengers, because soon your car will force you to stop at a red light.
Big Brother To Force You To Stop At A Red Light

CONTROL you it is all about CONTROLLING you and all you dumbasses who can't pick up on read in between the thoughts and process of ' TAKING OVER A POPULATION/ CONTROLLING IT WAKE THE HELL UP !!!

now lets think for the retards------------- imagine how many will die before these things are mastered............ wake up AI is taking over idiots

Forum List

Back