Big mouth Natalie Maines is back at it again !

You said: "a nation that scarcely notices their absence ."
I maintain that our nation pays scarce attention / respect to veterans . About Vietnam vets , they came home to famously little welcome .
Disregarding Natalie's famous one sentence rant about GWB , , , , do your like the song "Travelin Soldier" ? ? It is maybe my favorite Dixie Chick song , but then I like CCR's "Fortunate Son" too .

Anyway , all one has to do is tune into Fox news to hear daily diatribes about the President of the United States . . . as compared to Natalie's one sentence .

The point is that the Ditzy Twits cannot complain if their speech nets them disdain from their fans. Maybe if you understood that, along with many others posting in this thread, you would be crystal clear on the concept.

Maybe if you libs
What makes you believe I am a "lib" ? ? ? I have voted Republican right up to and including for GWB , twice . I spent more time and money on aiding Dr. Ron Paul's campaign in 08 than all the other political efforts I've ever done . . . I did vote for Obama , twice , but that is because GWB was such a train wreck and McCain bragged that he voted in Senate about 95% with Bush's plans . Unfortunately , Mr. 47% Mitt Romney stuck his foot in his own mouth too many times and was rightfully soundly defeated . Look , I haven't left the GOP , they left me and all the other true political conservatives . Take the GOP's continued resistance to ending the , now 76 year long war on citizens who enjoy cannabis . That don't seem very "less government / more freedom" like . Plus there are upward of 30 million of us tokers , many of us would be glad to support conservative political candidates , if they didn't have a damn war against us ;/)
Puritanism_HLMencken_zps6ff3f21a.jpg

Why did you claim not to be a lib and then spend the rest of your post proving that you are a lib? :lol:
Like I carefully explained , the Republican party has proven to be an unworthy standard bearer of conservative politics . They didn't deserve my vote nor those of millions of others . If they don't rapidly get their act together , winning national elections may prove elusive in the future , a very long future .

I maintain that our nation pays scarce attention / respect to veterans . About Vietnam vets , they came home to famously little welcome .
Disregarding Natalie's famous one sentence rant about GWB , , , , do your like the song "Travelin Soldier" ? ? It is maybe my favorite Dixie Chick song , but then I like CCR's "Fortunate Son" too .

Anyway , all one has to do is tune into Fox news to hear daily diatribes about the President of the United States . . . as compared to Natalie's one sentence .

The point is that the Ditzy Twits cannot complain if their speech nets them disdain from their fans. Maybe if you understood that, along with many others posting in this thread, you would be crystal clear on the concept.
Ha , Ha / so not funny that you distort name of Dixie Chicks .
I'll keep that in mind while I decide which candidate to fund or not to fund / vote for ;/)

Last edited:

They don't complain. Nor did they get disdain from their fans. That's what I just pointed out to Holly, who tried to float the same shit.

They got disdain from the megatentacled corporate news/music/mass media industry that was busily engaged in selling that bogus war to the public. The public in England --- where the comment was made ---- wasn't buying and already knew better. They had just turned out three million people in their own streets protesting it. That's what made the note an imperative.

The fans always were there, and if anything have grown exponentially due to the age-old maxim, "there's no such thing as bad publicity".

Count all the empty seats in the venue when they came back three years later and said the same thing again Doesn't look like a whole lot to complain about...

Last edited:
^^^ You have already said so and actually that lead girl is not the only person who has issues in this area. The one who plays the fiddle made the same mistake later on. She said that she did not want their albums to be placed where albums from Reba McEntire would be found. Reba responded to that statement while hosting the ACM awards that year saying, "If the Dixie Chicks can sing with their foot in their mouth, sure I can host this sucker!" That girl was then hurt saying something along the lines of, "I was such a big fan of Reba." Well what did that girl think was going to happen when she takes a shot at another person? If she couldn't take it, she shouldn't have dished it!

God bless you and Reba always!!!

Holly

^^^ You have already said so and actually that lead girl is not the only person who has issues in this area. The one who plays the fiddle made the same mistake later on. She said that she did not want their albums to be placed where albums from Reba McEntire would be found. Reba responded to that statement while hosting the ACM awards that year saying, "If the Dixie Chicks can sing with their foot in their mouth, sure I can host this sucker!" That girl was then hurt saying something along the lines of, "I was such a big fan of Reba." Well what did that girl think was going to happen when she takes a shot at another person? If she couldn't take it, she shouldn't have dished it!

God bless you and Reba always!!!

Holly

So how many rejection letters do you have from publishers of these novel manuscripts of yours?

Poster please. :eusa_hand:

^^^ Go here for a write up on it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Go here for that girl's response to what was said. To me, she was stupid to not expect such a response.

Last edited:
The Chicks were on top of the world, and then the mouth that roared shot off her infamous words. Their careers were completely derailed. You would think someone in her management would have explained some simple economics to her that it's not smart to alienate half your audience. No matter which way you lean politically.
Maybe she thought she would be allowed to speak her mind like everyone else.

She's always been free to do so, and you have the right to defend her, as I have the right to trash her nasty mouth.
But it went way past people criticizing her. Boycotts and death threats all because she expressed an opinion. I don't think punishing people for exercising their rights is in sync with the spirit of the First Amendment.

It was a highly emotional and critical time in America, I don't stand by death threats, but she was ignorant of the feelings going around in America. Her timing was not only bad, but incredibly stupid.

So how is that any different from the "political correctness" that you guys complain about so much?

Why is it good that the Dixie Chicks were "destroyed" by right wing boycotters, but a tragedy and outrage when it happens to someone on your side?

Why is it OK for the Dixie Chicks to blast G. Bush but if someone does the same to Obama it's automatically racist?

They are about to start a new t our, and apparently this idiot didn't learn much from the last time she pissed off half the country.

Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines: 'I'm Ashamed Ted Cruz Claims to Be American'

Natalie Maines infamously spoke her mind about war and then-President George W. Bush back in 2003, when she told a London crowd that she was “ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.” Now, the Dixie Chicks member is bringing that comment back to mind and voicing her opinion on Republican presidential candidate (and fellow Texan) Ted Cruz.
Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines Revisits President Bush Criticisms 12 Years Later
“Just so you know....I'm ashamed Ted Cruz is from America,” Maines wrote on Twitter late Saturday night (Jan. 23). With her tweet she posted side-by-side images of former President Dwight D. Eisenhower and Cruz. “I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity,” reads a quote from Eisenhower, compared to this quote from Cruz: “We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we’re going to find out.”
“I stand corrected...Just so you know, I'm ashamed Ted Cruz claims to be American,” Maines added in another tweet. Cruz represents Texas as a senator, though he was born in Canada.
Maines’ tweets are in reference to a statement Cruz reportedly made at a December campaign stop in Des Moines, Iowa.
Behind the Scenes of the Dixie Chicks' Prep for American Comeback Tour (That's Already Successful)
While her remarks about Bush over a decade ago didn't sit well with the group's conservative country fanbase, music fans seem to be ready for their return to the stage. The Dixie Chicks (Maines, Emily Robison and Martie Maguire) embark on a tour on June 1, their first U.S. trek in 10 years -- and "ticket sales have been ridiculous," according to band manager Simon Renshaw.

It looks like the Dixie Twats are having trouble selling tickets

They are about to start a new t our, and apparently this idiot didn't learn much from the last time she pissed off half the country.

Natalie Maines infamously spoke her mind about war and then-President George W. Bush back in 2003, when she told a London crowd that she was “ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.” Now, the Dixie Chicks member is bringing that comment back to mind and voicing her opinion on Republican presidential candidate (and fellow Texan) Ted Cruz.
“Just so you know....I'm ashamed Ted Cruz is from America,” Maines wrote on Twitter late Saturday night (Jan. 23). With her tweet she posted side-by-side images of former President Dwight D. Eisenhower and Cruz. “I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity,” reads a quote from Eisenhower, compared to this quote from Cruz: “We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we’re going to find out.”
“I stand corrected...Just so you know, I'm ashamed Ted Cruz claims to be American,” Maines added in another tweet. Cruz represents Texas as a senator, though he was born in Canada.
Maines’ tweets are in reference to a statement Cruz reportedly made at a December campaign stop in Des Moines, Iowa.
Behind the Scenes of the Dixie Chicks' Prep for American Comeback Tour (That's Already Successful)
While her remarks about Bush over a decade ago didn't sit well with the group's conservative country fanbase, music fans seem to be ready for their return to the stage. The Dixie Chicks (Maines, Emily Robison and Martie Maguire) embark on a tour on June 1, their first U.S. trek in 10 years -- and "ticket sales have been ridiculous," according to band manager Simon Renshaw.

What makes you think that? Many of the venues appear to be almost sold out and the tour doesn't start for six months from now.

What makes you think that? Many of the venues appear to be almost sold out and the tour doesn't start for six months from now.

He's pulling the numbers from the same place the rest of the fascists here have been --- his ass.

He's pulling the numbers from the same place the rest of the fascists here have been --- his ass.
I just went to a few venues to see if there were tickets available and check out prices. Most of the places I checked only had a few hundred tickets left. You can still get near the front at Madison Square Gardens if you are willing to pay $800.

none of us are saying Natalie wasn't free to speak her mind. We are simply saying that there can be push back for doing so.

Where the fuck do you get off dictating "push back" for what somebody else says to somebody other-else about their own state? In a whole different fucking country?

Remember how you couldn't explain your whole "comfort to the enemy" canard? This is another one of those.

See, this is why I don't bother with your dumb-shit posts. They're made of intellectual cheeze whiz.

I'm not "dictating" anything. I'm simply pointing out that her words angered millions of Americans, and due to that, she and the Chicks paid a price. Story over.

I just went to a few venues to see if there were tickets available and check out prices. Most of the places I checked only had a few hundred tickets left. You can still get near the front at Madison Square Gardens if you are willing to pay $800.

There are plenty of fans still out there that want to see them.

none of us are saying Natalie wasn't free to speak her mind. We are simply saying that there can be push back for doing so.

Where the fuck do you get off dictating "push back" for what somebody else says to somebody other-else about their own state? In a whole different fucking country?

Remember how you couldn't explain your whole "comfort to the enemy" canard? This is another one of those.

See, this is why I don't bother with your dumb-shit posts. They're made of intellectual cheeze whiz.

I'm not "dictating" anything. I'm simply pointing out that her words angered millions of Americans, and due to that, she and the Chicks paid a price. Story over.

Free speech doesn't have a "price". Nor was she addressing "millions of Americans" --- or any Americans at all. This was in London, which is in Europe. And the word "y'all" refers to that audience ---- the people sitting directly in front of them. There is no way in the English language that "y'all" --- pointed at the people standing in front of you ---- can mean "those people back there across the ocean on another continent". Cannot be done, period. And the subject of the sentence is "we" -- the three people in the band. NEITHER END of that involves anyone here.

Again you have YET to explain to us how we over here on another continent ..... have any say in what three people standing on a stage in freaking England have to say about their own state. How in the wide world of fuck is that any of your business? Aye, there's the rub.

Moreover, the "price" they "paid" was if anything dealing with a lot more adulation. The comment got wild cheers when she laid it out (because it affirmed what the audience already felt) and wilder cheers when she came back to the same venue three years later and repeated it -- as already posted a couple of times. Again, that being the audience she was actually addressing --- not a gaggle of busybody corporate clowns over the ocean who decided to start institutionally whining about a comment that didn't even involve them in the fucking first place.

You'll notice by 2006, when the same comment was repeated and the institutional mood in this country on Shrub had drastically changed (i.e. finally caught up with the rest of the world), the reaction here was ------- dead silence. Same comment, and ...... nothing. And you want me to believe the corporate institution isn't leading the unwashed around by the nose? Poster please.

What you're looking for is the rhetorical equivalent of a poll tax. Or perhaps more accurately what you're going for is the same thing as "here is your ballot--- vote for dear leader Dim Dong or you will be shot". You want "political PC".

Well fuck the fuck that.

Last edited:
Why did we go to war in Iraq ?

Struggling to remember.

Rumsfeld said it had "better targets" than where Al Qaeda actually was.

Kinda like calling in to your boss and saying, "I'm not at work today because I decided to drive to Kentucky because it has better scenery".

:rolleyes:

Why did we go to war in Iraq ?

Struggling to remember.

Rumsfeld said it had "better targets" than where Al Qaeda actually was.

Kinda like calling in to your boss and saying, "I'm not at work today because I decided to drive to Kentucky because it has better scenery".

:rolleyes:
We were told that they had WMDs that would be launched in 5 seconds. A lot of youngsters died for some oil.

Forum List

Back