'Big nothing burger': Fani Willis hearing failed to turn up evidence of corruption

I have my doubts that he does the right thing.
Oh trust me...I do as well, Wild Bill! But what that judge has got to understand however is that if he FAILS to punish Willis and Wade for what they've done...it's going to be HIS reputation that goes in the shitter!

Oh trust me...I do as well, Wild Bill! But what that judge has got to understand however is that if he FAILS to punish Willis and Wade for what they've done...it's going to be HIS reputation that goes in the shitter!
Unfortunately, you have no evidence that they did what you are accusing them of.

I hear what you're saying, but he still has to do business in Fulton County and I'm sure he wants to get reelected.

I believe he doesn't want his challenger in the next election to be able to say, "McAfee is the guy that let Trump walk".

I think, locally speaking, his reputation is better off by not DQ'ing Willis and doing what he can to see that Trump is convicted.

Unfortunately, you have no evidence that they did what you are accusing them of.
There's actually more evidence that Wade and Willis committed perjury than there is that Trump committed ANY crime in Georgia, Fort! If Wade had ever been anything but an ambulance chaser he would have known that cell phone records are used to catch criminals who lie about their whereabouts every day all across the country. That simply shows what a clueless idiot he is. The minute that defense lawyers started asking about how many times he'd been to Willis' place Wade SHOULD have developed a really bad memory! "I can't remember" is incredibly lame but it isn't perjury! Instead...he chose to go with the bald faced lie!

I hear what you're saying, but he still has to do business in Fulton County and I'm sure he wants to get reelected.

I believe he doesn't want his challenger in the next election to be able to say, "McAfee is the guy that let Trump walk".

I think, locally speaking, his reputation is better off by not DQ'ing Willis and doing what he can to see that Trump is convicted.
Caught between a rock and a hard place...isn't he, Bill? LOL

Do you get the feeling that both Willis and this judge wish they'd RUN from this case? :) Fani's fifteen minutes of fame isn't turning out the way she thought it would.

I think the smart way out for him at this point is to take Willis and Wade off of the case and appoint another prosecutor (a black one if he's smart!) and let the case play out. He can claim that he's a by the book kind of judge but that he didn't let Trump off the hook. It'll be interesting to see if he sees the wisdom in that approach.

Caught between a rock and a hard place...isn't he, Bill? LOL

Do you get the feeling that both Willis and this judge wish they'd RUN from this case? :) Fani's fifteen minutes of fame isn't turning out the way she thought it would.
I believe the judge feels that way.

Willis? Not so much. She'll be heralded as a hero, no matter what.

If she avoids DQ, she's a hero and a brilliant, strong black woman who proved the genetic superiority of the black.

If she's DQ'ed, she was a victim of a racist and misogynist system.

I think the smart way out for him at this point is to take Willis and Wade off of the case and appoint another prosecutor (a black one if he's smart!) and let the case play out. He can claim that he's a by the book kind of judge but that he didn't let Trump off the hook. It'll be interesting to see if he sees the wisdom in that approach.
The judge can't appoint a new prosecutor. That'll go to a state board that governs those appointments.

Then, they have to find someone who wants, because the state board can't force a DA to take the case.

Who's going to want the defense team digging into their past like they did Fatty Willis?

I believe the judge feels that way.

Willis? Not so much. She'll be heralded as a hero, no matter what.

If she avoids DQ, she's a hero and a brilliant, strong black woman who proved the genetic superiority of the black.

If she's DQ'ed, she was a victim of a racist and misogynist system.
I don't know, Bill...she's viewed as the woman who screwed up the best chance for Democrats to lock up Trump because she couldn't keep her house in order. Even shows like The View are pissed at her. They had such high hopes for Fani and she let them down. They're not going to forget that.

The judge can't appoint a new prosecutor. That'll go to a state board that governs those appointments.

Then, they have to find someone who wants, because the state board can't force a DA to take the case.

Who's going to want the defense team digging into their past like they did Fatty Willis?
Interesting. Who do you think controls the State Board? Georgia outside of the big cities is pretty conservative. Once the call goes to a State Board the Democrats may not get the prosecutor they want for this case.

That might actually be the way for this judge to ease his way out of this case. If a State Board appoints a DA that doesn't want to go forward with the RICO case...then it's on THAT DA and not on the judge! He can tell the voters that he didn't have a choice about taking Fani off because of her committing perjury but that he wanted the case to go forward and it was that darned new DA that wouldn't let it happen!

Interesting. Who do you think controls the State Board? Georgia outside of the big cities is pretty conservative. Once the call goes to a State Board the Democrats may not get the prosecutor they want for this case.
I know you're really hoping for a corrupt trumper to kill this case, but that isn't going to happen. The replacement would be the decision of one man, not an entire board. He doesn't get to drop the charges. And the only other two counties with the resources to take over the case are both headed by democrat district attorneys.

From what I can see with a quick search the job of replacing Willis would fall to Pete Skandalakis. He was a long time DA in another county with what looks like a pretty impeccable record. He's said that if he does need to replace Willis and can't find someone willing to take on the case that he would step in and do it himself.

I know you're really hoping for a corrupt trumper to kill this case, but that isn't going to happen. The replacement would be the decision of one man, not an entire board. He doesn't get to drop the charges. And the only other two counties with the resources to take over the case are both headed by democrat district attorneys.
Pete Skandalakis however is a Republican. Uh oh!

From what I can see with a quick search the job of replacing Willis would fall to Pete Skandalakis. He was a long time DA in another county with what looks like a pretty impeccable record. He's said that if he does need to replace Willis and can't find someone willing to take on the case that he would step in and do it himself.
I am sure the Dekalb County office would be happy to continue prosecuting Trump, considering he and his collection of felons defamed their election employees and tried to nullify 10s of 1000s of votes from that County.

I am sure the Dekalb County office would be happy to continue prosecuting Trump, considering he and his collection of felons defamed their election employees and tried to nullify 10s of 1000s of votes from that County.
Really? After watching how well that's worked out for Fani Willis? Yeah, I'm sure they'll be lining up for THAT job, Fort!

Keep in mind that by the time this trial does resume...there's a very good chance that they will be prosecuting a sitting President!

LOL...ouch!

Forum List

Back