Bill Nye reveals the science behind warm winter weather

Bill nye for president 2016!

A compilation found on Reddit of jerks in this world. This one focused on your hopeful candidate.
(I guess I am tired of him ridiculing and mocking those who don't fall in lockstep with his evolution demands. The guy is a tragedy.)

=========================

He came to my University on two separate occasions (I hear he is coming again) and he was so fickle and rude, both times! I told him he was my hero, and that I'd love his autograph and he just yelled "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REMIND PEOPLE, NO AUTOGRAPHS!"

He then started going off on how he asked for (a certain brand of water, I don't know, maybe Smart Water?) water 5 minutes ago and that they brought him the wrong one.

It sounds dumb, but he was serious about it. It really put me off, and I no longer admire nor respect him. He's a jerk.

====================================

Bill Nye The Science Asshole

My dad worked at the Hilltop Alehouse in Seattle WA, which was frequently visited by Bill Nye. The waiters all called him "Bill Nye the Science Asshole" Apparently he would come in, get hammered, and try to bang chicks by pulling the "I'm famous, lets make love" card. I keep hearing nothing but similar stories about him :/

=========================================

Flips His Shit About "no Autographs"

I had to share this one. When my twin brother was in third grade his class went on a field trip to see the Hubble telescope. Who should happen to be there, completely by chance and actually in the middle of serious research, but Bill Nye the freaking Science Guy.

Before any kid says anything about the minor celebrity, Mr. Nye flips his shit about "no autograph" and how he shouldn't have to deal with this bullshit while he's working. Let me repeat: no kid had approached him or asked for any autographs. The class had to leave early.

===========================

I'm probably late to the game and no one is going to notice, But Bill Nye Screamed at a friend of mine at a Ralph Nader rally. Pretty surreal. He was all riled up about the upcoming Bush v. Gore election and was totally losing his mind about it. Like pro wrestler style.

==========================

Some teachers at school met Bill Nye. Well I was in the room at the time and got to meet him too. He was really boring and sort of an asshole.

===============================

People on reddit always get mad about this, but I have heard from multiple friends that Bill Nye is a huge fucking asshole.

Bill Nye (until he found out what reddit was saying about him and started to clean up his public act. Read some older encounters with him, dude was just brutal to people!)

=========================

BILL NYE! Spoke at my college a couple years back. Seemed totally burnout, arrogant, and annoyed. Seemed like the kind of guy that would drink the pain away every night and seriously contemplate suicide.

==========================

Bill Nye the Science Guy is a total dick in real life. He was on the phone in Pike Place market and I waved to him and said "Bill Nye!" and he flipped me off.

=============================

Bill Nye was very dismissive to me as a kid, he was a family friend back in the day. I will always remember how big of a jerk he was to me.

Bill Nye the Science guy. My dad met him, he's a complete asshole

Bill Nye. My friend lives about half an hour away from him, and on Halloween he went to Nye's house. That motherfucker was an absolute dick to all of the children in front of him. He also gave out an apple. Fuck Bill.

=======================================

Tissue?

Anything backing up your stories? You know, like newpaper articles, reputable papers, not the Weekly Globe, WUWT, or Briebart.
Just how much do you think I care? I told you the source REDDIT where there are thousands of posters. Where there was an enormously large thread about who are the biggest jerks that are celebrities.
Whose the biggest asshole famous person you've ever met? • /r/AskReddit
I am sure there are a few who would be so low in self esteem that they would make something up. If that gives you comfort?

But I found a composite of a bunch of them and voilà I produced a thread from it. Why did I do it? Because Bill Nye IS a jerk the way he belittles anyone who does not agree with him on evolution. I think you and he are the sorry ones, but I don't think you are a jerk for believing in such insanity as evolution without an intelligent designer. So Bill Nye is not only a godless evolutionist who makes fun of those who don't agree, he is also a pompous ass. He deserves to be called out on it. Whether you care if it is true or not is inconsequential. But if I ruined your holiday dinner because of this, my apologies.

Why would I need a tissue? He is your hero, not mine. The fact that iconoclasts like Bill Nye or Richard Dawkins or other atheist scientists may also be jerks in society is hardly cause for me to become despondent. So sorry I brought up one anecdote in 10 years to make you think we care how they act. We don't. Have a nice Christmas.

Why would I need a tissue? He is your hero, not mine. The fact that iconoclasts like Bill Nye or Richard Dawkins or other atheist scientists may also be jerks in society is hardly cause for me to become despondent. So sorry I brought up one anecdote in 10 years to make you think we care how they act. We don't. Have a nice Christmas.

He's no hero, hes a scientist. And being a scientist doesnt mean you have to be a nice guy or wave at people etc. So you bringing that up has nothing to do with nothing other than he mustve hurt your feelings to make this all about attitudes

I'm sorry to hear he seems to be such a jerk, but you're right, it has nothing to do with the science. Breitbart was a jerk and Trump has his own category of jerk-ness but look how many of these folks think they're gods.

Two nidgets not explaining anything actually.
I guess there's no explanation for a succession of the warmest months on record.

Sure there is.. Just as the DOW can set daily records repeatedly with 10 point change when it's at a relative maximum --- the temperature records being set are by HUNDRETHS of a degree or perhaps just slighly less than a TENTH of a degree.. And MANY of those may make terrorizing headlines, but are actually scientifically and statistically insignificant. In fact, in many cases -- NASA and NOAA have MADE those headlines for the cause and days later -- issued clarifying statements that the statistically significance of those numbers was not super..

But nobody read the "clarifications".. Glad to help you understand.

I'm sorry to hear he seems to be such a jerk, but you're right, it has nothing to do with the science. Breitbart was a jerk and Trump has his own category of jerk-ness but look how many of these folks think they're gods.

awww, do you need a tissue.? Nye is an ass like some others who push off this scam on the people without any shame in doing it.

Bill Nye the Science Guy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During its run, Bill Nye the Science Guy was nominated for 23 Emmy Awards, winning nineteen.[7]

Daytime Emmy Awards

Ah well, looks like Bill does something right.

Has Bill Nye science A-Hole guy commented on this years Sierra snowpack already being above average?

Bill Nye the Science Guy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During its run, Bill Nye the Science Guy was nominated for 23 Emmy Awards, winning nineteen.[7]

Daytime Emmy Awards

Ah well, looks like Bill does something right.

Camera editing? Sound Editing? Script Writing? Are you still confused about this guy's profession??

"Outstanding PERFORMER in a children's series" ----- EXACTLY !!!!!!
And ------ What a stand-up performer he is... :lmao:

let's see steph

In the early 2000s, Nye assisted in the development of a small sundial that was included in the Mars Exploration Rover missions.] Known as MarsDial, it included small colored panels to provide a basis for color calibration in addition to helping keep track of time From 2005 to 2010, Nye was the vice president of The Planetary Society, an organization that advocates space science research and the exploration of other planets, particularly Mars. He became the organization's second Executive Director in September 2010 when Louis Friedman stepped down.

versus a trailer dwelling gob'ment cheese eater without an education

What they had to use a sundial to keep track of time? Lmao....they should have called that clock kid.

980782_1277244168969320_8249336439131358247_o.jpg

Has Bill Nye science A-Hole guy commented on this years Sierra snowpack already being above average?
are you all ever going to come up with a peer reviewed scientific paper that proves all of Science is corrupt except for deniers ?

It's not just weather changes but long term changes in climate

Bill Nye breaks down why a White Christmas just won’t happen for much of the country this year, and what climate change means for politics and global security

Bill Nye reveals the science behind warm winter weather

Another clueless idiot posts a Bill Nye lie fest.. He doesn't have a dam clue about the atmosphere or what is driving it.

bill Nye. is he even a Scientist? has a degree in climate? the weather?
or only a class as a snake oil salesman? for crying out loud. of ALL PEOPLE they could choose to sell that scam. Obama is bad enough
He's a mechanical engineer and actor.

And likely a pedophile too.

Well, yes, the world's economic model is changing as we post. We, China, and most other nations are changing from fossil fuel electrical generation to renewables. And, oddly enough, the state leading the way in solar and wind is that ultra-liberal state of Texas. Irony at it's best.

Fossil Fuels Just Lost the Race Against Renewables

The race for renewable energy has passed a turning point. The world is now adding more capacity for renewable power each year than coal, natural gas, and oil combined. And there's no going back.

The shift occurred in 2013, when the world added 143 gigawatts of renewable electricity capacity, compared with 141 gigawatts in new plants that burn fossil fuels, according to an analysis presented Tuesday at the Bloomberg New Energy Finance annual summit in New York. The shift will continue to accelerate, and by 2030 more than four times as much renewable capacity will be added.

"The electricity system is shifting to clean,'' Michael Liebreich, founder of BNEF, said in his keynote address. "Despite the change in oil and gas prices there is going to be a substantial buildout of renewable energy that is likely to be an order of magnitude larger than the buildout of coal and gas."

The price of a coal fired generator continues to increase, even as the cost of solar and wind continue to decline. And as the two huge battery factories in the US ramp up there output of grid scale batteries, you are going to see both wind and solar as 24/7 sources of power.

Forum List

Back