Black Lives Do Matter

Sorry I can't help any reading comprehension issues.

I didn’t really get it either
“Secondly, anyone demanding another affirm BLM, for example.“
If all of the words are right, it is certainly punctuated wrong.

You'd have to read the question first: "Whos looking for someone else to affirm their lives..."
Okay I got it. Still strange wording. They are not seeking affirmation they are seeking agreement. Which white America can not yet give them.

Again, I find it wrongheaded to ask the question. It's up to you, whatever the color of your skin, to make your own life matter.
Who asked you if Black Lives Matter? Like the typical clueless white person you mistake someone making a statement with asking for your validation.

Some BLM guys.

My God you really are a blatant racist aren't you?

You'd have to read the question first: "Whos looking for someone else to affirm their lives..."
Okay I got it. Still strange wording. They are not seeking affirmation they are seeking agreement. Which white America can not yet give them.

Again, I find it wrongheaded to ask the question. It's up to you, whatever the color of your skin, to make your own life matter.
It’s not a question. It’s a statement. It’s the black community stating that black lives matter. Every one of their kids killed because of his/her race, matter. It is not a question, it is not seeking approval. It is a statement and if America had quickly come together in support of its black community and looked at the issue of police brutality and together attempted to find solutions, the movement/controversy wouldn’t be on going.

You'll have to show me proof of police brutality for which there is not currently a remedy.

Are you claiming "institutional racism" here?
Why does someone have to show you proof? No one is asking if you believe it. We are telling anyone that asks that yes it exists.

It’s not a question. It’s a statement. It’s the black community stating that black lives matter. Every one of their kids killed because of his/her race, matter. It is not a question, it is not seeking approval. It is a statement and if America had quickly come together in support of its black community and looked at the issue of police brutality and together attempted to find solutions, the movement/controversy wouldn’t be on going.

You'll have to show me proof of police brutality for which there is not currently a remedy.

Absolutely. The justice system one of the greatest examples of institutional racism. They use, abuse, set up, take down minorities. Fill private prisons with black bodies for profit and then dump them back on the streets when they’re done with them.

Good lord man, be clear. Are you saying it's bad when a cop is a racist or are you saying all cops are racists? Spit it out!
If you cant comprehend your native tongue blame yourself.

Nice dodge.

Be clear and back it up or go home.
You dodged first. Explain your post with the missing word or go home.

Oh good lord. Okay, I'll use simple words for you.

You asked the question: "Whos looking for someone else to affirm their lives...?"

I'm suggesting it's anyone that looks to another person to tell them they matter. This is something I've seen BLM folks do often and it is pathetic (bad). It's up to you make your own life matter, no one else. So when you ask another to agree with you that your life matters, it makes you look silly (also bad).

Better?

So about those racist cops...
When have you seen a Black person ask you if their life matters? Never mind. I already know youre going to lie and expect me to believe it.

Obviously all cops arent racist. I know some that arent.

I know some librarians that aren't racist either. Obviously all librarians aren't racists.

Well that was fun.

Who asked you if Black Lives Matter? Like the typical clueless white person you mistake someone making a statement with asking for your validation.

Some BLM guys.

Lets see some proof. I can tell you if there are some BLM guys asking you to affirm their lives matter then they are probably on the way to uncle tomdom.

Why does someone have to show you proof? No one is asking if you believe it. We are telling anyone that asks that yes it exists.

And there you have it folks.

I say it's true so it must be true. If you don't agree with me, you're an evil person.

Wow, just wow.

Yes deary, you have to show proof if you want to convince someone of your argument.

Some BLM guys.

He’s not being racist he’s right. He caught your privilege slipping out. Quick tuck it away.

Absolutely. The justice system one of the greatest examples of institutional racism. They use, abuse, set up, take down minorities. Fill private prisons with black bodies for profit and then dump them back on the streets when they’re done with them.
Dont forget the ramifications of having a prison record on your record in regard to economic opportunity. Its what we call in the hood a rigup.

I say it's true so it must be true. If you don't agree with me, you're an evil person.

Wow, just wow.

Yes deary, you have to show proof if you want to convince someone of your argument.
Simple question for you. Are you a transexual?

Dont forget the ramifications of having a prison record on your record in regard to economic opportunity. Its what we call in the hood a rigup.
Not only economic opportunity but even being able to participate in politics/vote!!!!!!!

Gonna need more than because you say so.

Any chance the minorities in the justice system have, you know, broken the law?

Just a thought.

Hey, if you want to talk about why we have so many laws that should not be, I'm with you! But the fact a disproportionate number of minorities are imprisoned does not de facto mean the system is racist. It could mean those minorities tend to break the law with greater frequency than other groups. That is certainly a logical conclusion, but I'm open to evidence to the contrary.

Some BLM guys.

He’s not being racist he’s right. He caught your privilege slipping out. Quick tuck it away.

That you could call me privileged without knowing anything about my background or personal situation is EXTREMELY telling.

Shame on you.

Wow, just wow.

Interesting you'd bring that up...

Anyway, still looking for that evidence, logic, reason...a modicum of proof to back your assertions.

Posts from somewhere else. I will not post the link because it is a competing site. Read what these folks are saying (black folks) or dismiss it. Whatever floats your boats:

I too consider myself refined, intelligent, well-bred and well spoken. However, because of my upbringing, my form of communication may be misconstrued as being bourgeois, uppity, 'not black enough' or grandstanding.

I'm another Black person who is seen as *uppity* or whatever because I speak properly. It's me, and the only way I can say I've consciously tried to change the way I speak is by trying to avoid speaking with a Midwest(Minnesota!) accent - you know, chewy, like - "Ya, I'm frum Minnasoy-tah...." :D And I've had white men (I've *mostly* dated white men exclusively)tell me they don't see me as Black, because I don't act or speak like a Black person. Whatever that means. Listen to Hip-Hip/Rap? Go to dance clubs every weekend? (I don't dance!)Still, I've had even more black men tell me this. Hm??? Well I am Black, and if the usual stereotypes don?t fit - *they* must not be accurate enough, not the other way around. Ghetto in not synonymous with Black, just as Trailer Park is not synonymous with White - as a racial definition. Same with gender- oh, I've had many discussions about what it is to be female. What I'm saying is that genitalia or skin pigmentation, hair texture, etc., does not determine personality or one?s essential nature. I think people simply need to change their racial/gender definitions and see them as the physical classifications that they are.

Hmm Had to think about this one and my response is ...what! 1st of all since when is acting Ghetto acting black? 2nd acting Ghetto when you are "with" a black man is acting ignorant and imature not black. What about the educated blacks who are sophisticated.How are they acting ?white? L

I believe you are 100% correct. I am a sophisticated black man and I have always been accused of acting white. What is that all about?

your comment just blew my mind. my daughter is biracial and was raised by a wonderful Black Man. He taught her to use proper english. It not about trying to sound white, if you use proper english, but that you have been educated.

It goes on and on, but I think they made great pointers.
Here is the problem with your quotes. If Black people think youre trying to sound white...then you are. I know lots of Blacks that speak correct english and no one thinks they are trying to act white so obviously its more than just using proper english. These people are probably uncle toms that have sold out in order to appease white people.
And there it is. Uncle Toms because they speak correct english and pulled themselves out of the ghettos instead of feeling sorry for themselves. Yep. D'ere it is!
You have comprehension issues to match your compassion issues Gracie. He said he knows black people who speak proper English and aren’t called uncle toms. It is more so when you sell out to appease whites that your an Uncle Tom.
So more like “omgggg I love this pumpkin spice latte and ugg boots and trump because he’ll make us great again”
That would be an Uncle Tom.
Why would that be considered an uncle tom? There are quite a few blacks in Santa Monica, LA, SF and all over california that like uggs. They keep yer feet warm! So...are uggs uncle toms and watermelon is considered racist now? What else will be dreamed up to continue the whine?

Wow, just wow.

Anyway, still looking for that evidence, logic, reason...a modicum of proof to back you assertions.
Coulnt prove you werent a transsexual I guess?
Keep looking. Just like youre still looking for some Black guys to ask you if you think their lives matter. :laugh:

Wow, just wow.

Anyway, still looking for that evidence, logic, reason...a modicum of proof to back you assertions.
Keep looking. Just like youre still looking for some Black guys to ask you if you think their lives matter. :laugh:

I have not time no insincere people. Particularly when they're blatant racists.

Ignored.

Posts from somewhere else. I will not post the link because it is a competing site. Read what these folks are saying (black folks) or dismiss it. Whatever floats your boats:

I too consider myself refined, intelligent, well-bred and well spoken. However, because of my upbringing, my form of communication may be misconstrued as being bourgeois, uppity, 'not black enough' or grandstanding.

I'm another Black person who is seen as *uppity* or whatever because I speak properly. It's me, and the only way I can say I've consciously tried to change the way I speak is by trying to avoid speaking with a Midwest(Minnesota!) accent - you know, chewy, like - "Ya, I'm frum Minnasoy-tah...." :D And I've had white men (I've *mostly* dated white men exclusively)tell me they don't see me as Black, because I don't act or speak like a Black person. Whatever that means. Listen to Hip-Hip/Rap? Go to dance clubs every weekend? (I don't dance!)Still, I've had even more black men tell me this. Hm??? Well I am Black, and if the usual stereotypes don?t fit - *they* must not be accurate enough, not the other way around. Ghetto in not synonymous with Black, just as Trailer Park is not synonymous with White - as a racial definition. Same with gender- oh, I've had many discussions about what it is to be female. What I'm saying is that genitalia or skin pigmentation, hair texture, etc., does not determine personality or one?s essential nature. I think people simply need to change their racial/gender definitions and see them as the physical classifications that they are.

Hmm Had to think about this one and my response is ...what! 1st of all since when is acting Ghetto acting black? 2nd acting Ghetto when you are "with" a black man is acting ignorant and imature not black. What about the educated blacks who are sophisticated.How are they acting ?white? L

I believe you are 100% correct. I am a sophisticated black man and I have always been accused of acting white. What is that all about?

your comment just blew my mind. my daughter is biracial and was raised by a wonderful Black Man. He taught her to use proper english. It not about trying to sound white, if you use proper english, but that you have been educated.

It goes on and on, but I think they made great pointers.
Here is the problem with your quotes. If Black people think youre trying to sound white...then you are. I know lots of Blacks that speak correct english and no one thinks they are trying to act white so obviously its more than just using proper english. These people are probably uncle toms that have sold out in order to appease white people.
And there it is. Uncle Toms because they speak correct english and pulled themselves out of the ghettos instead of feeling sorry for themselves. Yep. D'ere it is!
You have comprehension issues to match your compassion issues Gracie. He said he knows black people who speak proper English and aren’t called uncle toms. It is more so when you sell out to appease whites that your an Uncle Tom.
So more like “omgggg I love this pumpkin spice latte and ugg boots and trump because he’ll make us great again”
That would be an Uncle Tom.
Why would that be considered an uncle tom? There are quite a few blacks in Santa Monica, LA, SF and all over california that like uggs. They keep yer feet warm! So...are uggs uncle toms and watermelon is considered racist now? What else will be dreamed up to continue the whine?

Need I say anything else?

white-girl.jpg

Just a thought.

Hey, if you want to talk about why we have so many laws that should not be, I'm with you! But the fact a disproportionate number of minorities are imprisoned does not de facto mean the system is racist. It could mean those minorities tend to break the law with greater frequency than other groups. That is certainly a logical conclusion, but I'm open to evidence to the contrary.
I think minorities are arrested and convicted at higher rates, not necessarily committing crimes at higher rates. I can not ignore that minority communities are stalked with police looking to pat their stats while only showing up in the suburbs when a black person is spotted. I can’t ignore the fact that the justice system frees the rich and throws away the poor. I can’t ignore that minorities are stopped and searched at much higher rates. I can’t ignore that minorities effected by poverty don’t have the same access to education/economic opportunities as their white counterparts. In my eyes poverty is a top contributor to crime, and unfortunately in America poverty effects minorities at a higher rate.

Wow, just wow.

I have not time no insincere people. Particularly when they're blatant racists.

Ignored.
Nice dodge. It will be alright. :itsok:

Just a thought.

I think minorities are arrested and convicted at higher rates, not necessarily committing crimes at higher rates. I can not ignore that minority communities are stalked with police looking to pat their stats while only showing up in the suburbs when a black person is spotted. I can’t ignore the fact that the justice system frees the rich and throws away the poor. I can’t ignore that minorities are stopped and searched at much higher rates. I can’t ignore that minorities effected by poverty don’t have the same access to education/economic opportunities as their white counterparts. In my eyes poverty is a top contributor to crime, and unfortunately in America poverty effects minorities at a higher rate.
I might add though that poverty in of itself is not the issue. Its the oppressive weight of racism that makes people give up hope and either lay down or turn to a life of crime. White people do plenty of crime but they dont have that sense of hopelessness due to racism hanging over them

Forum List

Back