Black Pastor speaks frankly about Trayvon Martin

Black Pastor Speaks Frankly to Blacks About Trayvon Martin

Definitely going to be controversial. Regardless of his opinions on some matters, I think it's the last three paragraphs that are some of the most fundamentally true:

"No one is innocent of this racial divide if we don't do something to promote change. I am not talking about more talking; I am talking about doing.

Do you have friends that don't look like you? Does everyone in your church look, talk, and sound alike? Are you willing to get out of your comfort zone, to get in someone else's comfort, to teach them how to get out of their comfort zone? Are you willing to help change the conversation about racism and then do what you talk about? Are you willing to do it God's way like Jesus did in his time when there was just as great a racial divide as we are facing today?

Remember what you are speaks so loud I can't hear a word you say."

Seems to me you must be talking about doing something in a community to affect change. Someone that can organize a pre-emptive strike to prevent crime or violence. Someone that can organize a community...someone like a...community organizer?

Naaaaaah, the right has determined that that job is for toublemakers and rabble rousers..:doubt:

Black Pastor Speaks Frankly to Blacks About Trayvon Martin

Definitely going to be controversial. Regardless of his opinions on some matters, I think it's the last three paragraphs that are some of the most fundamentally true:

"No one is innocent of this racial divide if we don't do something to promote change. I am not talking about more talking; I am talking about doing.

Do you have friends that don't look like you? Does everyone in your church look, talk, and sound alike? Are you willing to get out of your comfort zone, to get in someone else's comfort, to teach them how to get out of their comfort zone? Are you willing to help change the conversation about racism and then do what you talk about? Are you willing to do it God's way like Jesus did in his time when there was just as great a racial divide as we are facing today?

Remember what you are speaks so loud I can't hear a word you say."

Maybe the preacher should ask Reverend Jesse Jackson the same question:

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street
and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved….
After all we have been through. Just to think we can’t walk down our own streets, how humiliating.”
“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street
and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved….
After all we have been through. Just to think we can’t walk down our own streets, how humiliating.”
Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993). Quoted in “Crime: New Frontier – Jesse Jackson Calls It Top Civil-Rights Issue” by Mary A. Johnson, 29 November 1993, Chicago Sun-Times (ellipsis in original). Partially quoted in US News & World Report (10 March 1996)
Jesse Jackson - Wikiquote

People BLACK OR WHITE based on experiences make stereotypes JUST AS JACKSON did!
So if Jackson a BLACK got nervous but relieved to see it was a WHITE person... WHERE did HE come up with that stereotype?

Forum List

Back