Black people shouldn't celebrate White holidays

Too bad you’re not near a phone or computer. You could look it up for yourself.
I'm looking for it online. I remember it from an account that I read long before the computer.

Then there's this.

Cannibalism by the Iroquois was also recorded during the French and Indian Wars.

Last edited:
I'm looking for it online. I remember it from an account that I read long before the computer.

Then there's this.

Cannibalism by the Iroquois was also recorded during the French and Indian Wars.
Cannibalism was also a common practice on Nantucket whale ships. The survivors of The Essex ate black whalers. Then there’s the Donner party.

Cannibalism was also a common practice on Nantucket whale ships. The survivors of The Essex ate black whalers. Then there’s the Donner party.
A big difference between ritual cannibalism and survival.

Anyway, there was no national policy to eliminate the native Americans. We were happy enough to just take their lands.

The number of intoxicated people at emergency rooms all across the country goes way up on holidays, I don't think I miss anything. The holidays I usually work and get things done at the office because the phones are quiet and no one interrupts me.

And you believe that enjoying a holiday means you need to get snot-slingin' drunk?

Last Labor Day I think I had a whole four beers all day. But, hey, if you're the kinda' guy who needs booze to enjoy a party, probably best that you not...

How about murder and cannibalism? That happened as well.

There is never a policy. They just do it. They don’t limit themselves to adults. Women and children were also targets.
The official government policy was assimilation through (re) education. Most of the conflicts resulted from pioneers, homesteaders, farmers, cattle ranchers, and gold-seekers incursions into NDN lands. The army settled these disputes on the side of the settlers.

Last edited:
Yes. Cutting the hair which is a big no no in my culture. Tortured those children who wanted to speak their own language. They wanted to eliminate every aspect of our culture and warm up to yours.
Sadly, this is true. :( Happily, this was a thing of the past.

This is interesting.

Last edited:
Do you celebrate Juneteenth or your brothers birthday?
Of course it's on my Kwanza Calendar
laughing-rofl.gif

Forum List

Back