Black Privilege - Alive and Well

In Baltimore in 1910, a black Yale law school graduate purchased a home in a previously all-white neighborhood. The Baltimore city government reacted by adopting a residential segregation ordinance, restricting African Americans to designated blocks.

Oh boohoo. In 1910 Baltimore had a segregated neighborhood. There hasn't been a legally segregated neighborhood in the country for a very long time. On the contrary, for a half century, home-owners haven't even been allowed to sell their homes, their own private and personal property, to whom they want. Meanwhile, blacks still segregate neighborhoods by driving whites out through crime, harassment, and predatory politics. Many blacks even openly object to whites in their neighborhoods.

I read all of Baltimore's 1910 ordinances and didn't find a single one that made references to "African Americans." So, it looks like the trifle you're making into a mountain is false.

Black people are by far the largest racial or ethnic population in Detroit, which has the highest percentage of black residents of any American city with a population over 100,000. Eighty-three percent of the city’s 701,000 residents are black. It continues to be an underreported story that a white state legislature and white governor took over the city and forced it to file for bankruptcy against the will of its elected representatives.

Blacks run Detroit into the ground, whites come and bail out the city, and blacks yell racism. Talk about ungrateful animals biting the hand that feeds them.

You are illiterate aren't you.

Look dumb ass, there are no quotas. .If there were racial quotas whites get 70 percent of all openings. Those are fairer than the system of quotas than no blacks which whites had implemented before Affirmative Action.

I am just happy we can agree quotas are unfair ... If you want to suggest that the degree of fairness makes a difference in whether or not they are fair at all ... Pfft!

Bulletproof,

On May 15, 1911, Baltimore Mayor J. Barry Mahool, who was known as an earnest advocate of good government, women's sufferage, and social justice, signed into law "[a]n ordinance for preserving peace, preventing conflict and ill feeling between the white and colored races in Baltimore city, and promoting the general welfare of the city by providing, so far as practicable, for the use of separate blocks by white and colored people for residences, churches and schools."

"APARTHEID BALTIMORE STYLE: THE RESIDENTIAL SEGREGATION ORDINANCES OF 1910-1913*"

by Garrett Power

"Apartheid Baltimore Style: The Residential Segregation Ordinances of 1" by Garrett Power

Don't argue with me chump.

Last edited:
Look dumb ass, there are no quotas. .If there were racial quotas whites get 70 percent of all openings. Those are fairer than the system of quotas than no blacks which whites had implemented before Affirmative Action.

I am just happy we can agree quotas are unfair ... If you want to suggest that the degree of fairness makes a difference in whether or not they are fair ... Pfft!

What doesn't exist should not be made up to exist. But this is what true race pimping does. People consistently making up racial quotas and swearing whites are discriminated against by imaginary things that do not exist.

What doesn't exist should not be made up to exist. But this is what true race pimping does. People consistently making up racial quotas and swearing whites are discriminated against by imaginary things that do not exist.

I am not the one supporting the idea of implementing an unfair system in attempts to correct an unfair system ...
Nor am I silly enough to suggest that would be the fair thing to do.

Your difficulties in understanding there is no way being unfair constitutes fairness ... Is a concept even the greatest of mental giants would have difficulty with.
I am not going to be upset about sharing that company.

Last edited:

I am not the one supporting the idea of implementing an unfair system in attempts to correct an unfair system ...

Your difficulties in understanding there is no way being unfair constitutes fairness ... Is a concept even the greatest of mental giants would have difficulty with.

I think we should just bang each other until we are the same color. We would likely find some other way of discrimination though, pretty sad. If you belive there is such thing as black privledge you have likely bumped your head.

I think we should just bang each other until we are the same color. We would likely find some other way of discrimination though, pretty sad. If you belive there is such thing as black privledge you have likely bumped your head.

That would be a fun way to end racism for sure.

I don't believe in Black Privilege ... That would be silly ... :thup:

White Privilege: Going to school, doing the homework, getting into a good college.

Black privilege: Smoking crack, skipping school, getting into a good college.

SAT scores don't lie.

I have no difficulties because I understand the policy. The only way anyone can believe this is unfair is that they believe that whites a entitled to all the opportunities.

White Privilege: Going to school, doing the homework, getting into a good college.

Black privilege: Smoking crack, skipping school, getting into a good college.

SAT scores don't lie.

Well actually they do.

I have no difficulties because I understand the policy. The only way anyone can believe this is unfair is that they believe that whites a entitled to all the opportunities.

Leaky faucet scenario ...

We can notice a leaky faucet (racism generated through race based activities).
We can talk about how that leaky faucet is going to ruin the hardwood floors (the immediate affects of racism and what is causing it).
We can discuss the fact the water will get under the baseboards, into the walls and ruin the insulation (how racism influences our entire society).
We can put down sandbags to direct the water away from the walls in hopes of keeping them safe (take measure to reduce the impact of racism).

But none of that will make a bit of difference until someone grabs a wrench and stops the leak (removes race and race based activities from the equation).

Edit:
It doesn't matter if someone wants to volunteer for the sandbag crew.
I am going to try to fix the leak ... Make the faucet useful again ... And out the sandbag crew out of a job.

Last edited:

Leaky faucet scenario ...

We can notice a leaky faucet (racism generated through race based activities).
We can talk about how that leaky faucet is going to ruin the hardwood floors (the immediate affects of racism and what is causing it).
We can discuss the fact the water will get under the baseboards, into the walls and ruin the insulation (how racism influences our entire society).
We can put down sandbags to direct the water away from the walls in hopes of keeping them safe (take measure to reduce the impact of racism).

But none of that will make a bit of difference until someone grabs a wrench and stops the leak (removes race from the equation).

Racism has been generated by a 400 year belief of white superiority and enforced in law and policy.

You cannot talk about the immediate effects of racism when the past effects have not been fixed.

Simply put you got it all wrong and your way does not work.

You way was supposed to be done in 1863. Then again in 1965.

You cannot solve the problem by simply removing race. You must remove the inequalities created by the belief in racial superiority.

Racism has been generated by a 400 year belief of white superiority and enforced in law and policy.

You cannot talk about the immediate effects of racism when the past effects have not been fixed.

You cannot solve the problem by simply removing race. You must remove the inequalities created by the belief in racial superiority.

Drip ... Drip ... Drip ... :thup:

I am not interested in what you cannot do ... And it won't stop me.

Last edited:

That would be a fun way to end racism for sure.
I agree put a little fun in problem solving, I wander if Halle Berry and Beonce agree? If so those would be great places to start!

Drip ... Drip ... Drip ... :thup:

I am not interested in what you cannot do ... And it won't stop me.

Your away don't work.

My way has worked to change things in a couple of cities.

Your away don't work.

Person #1: "We shouldn't be shooting ourselves in the foot."

Person #2: "You might want to stop playing with the gun."

Person #1: "I cannot stop playing with the gun."

Person #2: "Don't be surprised when you shoot yourself in the foot."

Person #1: "You are retarded ... Not playing with the gun won't keep me from shooting myself in the foot."

I am one who is personally willing to do the work of reading, typing and then sharing. I want to respond here with the words of a black author, Michael Eric Dyson.

“My oldest son, Mwata, is an anesthesiologist who lives in NY. My three children have six degrees, two of them from Ivy League schools. But there is no protection, Lord. Sometimes it even incites anger and resentment. Black success often breeds white rage. Black educational advance will not keep a cop with a terminal degree of black revulsion from aiming his ignorance at my children’s bodies.

A couple of years ago Mwata and his oldest son, Mosi, went looking in NJ for a mother’s day gift. Mwata had clocked out of work in Brooklyn in mid-afternoon to pick up Mosi from his after school program in Queens. Mwata didn’t own a car at the time so he rented a Zipcar for the day. Mwata and Mosi set out at five o’clock. Mwata consulted an app on his phone to chart the quickest route. He placed his phone on the dashboard. When he made a right turn onto a street in Harlem, the phone slipped from the dashboard and fell to the floor. As he retrieved his phone, the glare in the dark must have attracted the attention of a cop. Mwata could see the flashing lights from a squad car behind him. He heard the command from the cop’s loudspeaker to pull his car over.

A white cop, about 5’9” and in his early forties, approached the car and asked to see Mwata’s driver’s license. He offered no reason for stopping my son. The cop went back to his car for about ten minutes before returning to Mwata, who asked the policeman why he pulled him over. “It’s illegal to drive and talk on a cell phone at the same time in NY,” the cop replied. Mwata said that even though he had a Washington, D.C. driver’s license, the law certainly made sense. “However, officer, I wasn’t talking on the phone, nor was I texting, for that matter.”

I have always impressed on Mwata the need to be extra courteous and not to in any way rile up the police. It is often an exercise in humiliation, one that white folk barely have to think about, but one that can mean the difference between life and death for us. Mwata tried to make nice with the cop. He informed him that as a physician he had spent many years as a member of trauma teams in Chicago, Phoenix, and NY. He told him he was well aware of the dangers of multitasking while operating a vehicle. He said that he had saved, and unfortunately lost, many lives because of tragic car accidents. Mwata told the cop that his phone had slipped to the floor and he simply picked it up. Now Mosi, who had fallen asleep, began to stir.

The policeman went back and forth with Mwata about driving and talking, and Mwata kept politely insisting he had broken no law. The cop was growing more belligerent and insulting. Still, Mwata tried to placate him by speaking in measured tones. It didn’t help. He even showed the cop a police benevolent association card with the name and cell phone number of a cop he had just treated a couple days earlier. The cop told Mwata the policeman on the card wasn’t in his precinct. He coldly said it meant nothing to him. The cop grew more agitated as he tried to extract from Mwata a confession that he had broken the law. He took a couple of steps away from the car and ominously placed his hand on his gun.

Every time I think of it, Oh, Lord, I shudder. The cop asked Mwata a question that haunts him to this day. He asked, nastily, hatefully, if Mwata were stupid.

You know the quiet anger my son felt at having acquired a world-class education only to be questioned about his intelligence by a white boy whose IQ translated to an Intimidation Quotient provided by a shield that allowed him to mow down smart n****** with impunity. When Mwata said he didn’t know what he meant, and wondered aloud why he asked such a question, the cop got even more agitated. He snapped that he should take Mwata to jail and that my son had no right to be driving a car. He shouted that is his son weren’t with him that he’d have no problem placing Mwata in handcuffs and locking him up. The cop admitted that the only thing that was stopping him was that he had no place to put the five-year old. That may have saved Mwata from certain arrest – who knows?- maybe from an unjust, untimely death.

It was at that moment that the force of everything rained down on Mwata. The cop was threatening, his hand was on his gun, and Mosi had awakened from sleep to see his father being disrespected and threatened by an officer of the law. Fear struck Mwata hard. He glanced at his son in the rearview mirror and had one thought: I don’t want to die tonight. I don’t want my son to see me shot.”

That brings tears to my eyes. What a chilling recognition of the high cost for such a simple offense, all because an enraged white male cop was feeling his oats and seeking to humiliate my son. All because he could get away with it. Even if my son had been guilty, his crime wouldn’t have merited the implied threat of lethal force.

Mwata continued the dance of complete compliance. He nodded his head in agreement with the cop, doing anything he could not to be cut down in front of Mosi. The officer gave Mwata a ticket and a stern warning that if he ever saw him again he would take him straight to jail. Literally five seconds after he left Mwata go the cop pulled over another black motorist. So many whites say they hate the quotas they associate with affirmative action, but quotas don’t seem to bother the white folk in blue who can’t get enough of them as they harass one black citizen after another.

Oh Lord, it fills me with fear, and then anger, and grief, to think that some son of a bitch with a badge and a gun could just take their lives, take our lives, as if it means nothing. I am beyond rage. Oh Lord, at the utter complicity of even good white folk who claim that they care, and yet their voices don’t ring loudly and consistently against an injustice so grave that it sends us to our graves with frightening frequency.”

I shared this because I think it makes sense to read what a black man says about police brutality from personal experience rather than reading someone’s book who has no such expertise. She may quote and list what she believes to be facts, but the person with an argument is never at the mercy of the person with an experience.
I didn't read this post because 1) it's too long and 2) I've heard Michael Eric Dyson speak before, and I consider him an idiot, without a gram of credibility. I believe Ann Coulter and her factual reports, a ton more than I would ever believe a word from Dyson.

Just glancing at one sentence it looks like the usual Dyson BS. >. "the white folk in blue who can’t get enough of them as they harass one black citizen after another" Really, Micheal ? And what % of cops would that be ? 1 % ? 0.5%. And did Michael ever take the trouble to see if the particular white cops he complains about, aren't harassing whites and Hispanics also, just because they are that way, rather than the color of their targets.

If black people would take the time to read the book Mugged by Ann Coulter, they would discover that they aren't the only ones getting shafted in our society, and they aren't the ones getting shafted by Affirmative Action either. They're the beneficiaries of that.

And they're not the only ones whose ancestors were slaves on southern American plantations. My Irish ancestors (Jacobites) were slaves on plantation in North Carolina, after they were sent there by the English, after the battle of Cullendan in Scotland in 1746. Thousands of whites (Scots, Irish, and French) were sent, and lived out their lives in slavery.
W
I am one who is personally willing to do the work of reading, typing and then sharing. I want to respond here with the words of a black author, Michael Eric Dyson.

“My oldest son, Mwata, is an anesthesiologist who lives in NY. My three children have six degrees, two of them from Ivy League schools. But there is no protection, Lord. Sometimes it even incites anger and resentment. Black success often breeds white rage. Black educational advance will not keep a cop with a terminal degree of black revulsion from aiming his ignorance at my children’s bodies.

A couple of years ago Mwata and his oldest son, Mosi, went looking in NJ for a mother’s day gift. Mwata had clocked out of work in Brooklyn in mid-afternoon to pick up Mosi from his after school program in Queens. Mwata didn’t own a car at the time so he rented a Zipcar for the day. Mwata and Mosi set out at five o’clock. Mwata consulted an app on his phone to chart the quickest route. He placed his phone on the dashboard. When he made a right turn onto a street in Harlem, the phone slipped from the dashboard and fell to the floor. As he retrieved his phone, the glare in the dark must have attracted the attention of a cop. Mwata could see the flashing lights from a squad car behind him. He heard the command from the cop’s loudspeaker to pull his car over.

A white cop, about 5’9” and in his early forties, approached the car and asked to see Mwata’s driver’s license. He offered no reason for stopping my son. The cop went back to his car for about ten minutes before returning to Mwata, who asked the policeman why he pulled him over. “It’s illegal to drive and talk on a cell phone at the same time in NY,” the cop replied. Mwata said that even though he had a Washington, D.C. driver’s license, the law certainly made sense. “However, officer, I wasn’t talking on the phone, nor was I texting, for that matter.”

I have always impressed on Mwata the need to be extra courteous and not to in any way rile up the police. It is often an exercise in humiliation, one that white folk barely have to think about, but one that can mean the difference between life and death for us. Mwata tried to make nice with the cop. He informed him that as a physician he had spent many years as a member of trauma teams in Chicago, Phoenix, and NY. He told him he was well aware of the dangers of multitasking while operating a vehicle. He said that he had saved, and unfortunately lost, many lives because of tragic car accidents. Mwata told the cop that his phone had slipped to the floor and he simply picked it up. Now Mosi, who had fallen asleep, began to stir.

The policeman went back and forth with Mwata about driving and talking, and Mwata kept politely insisting he had broken no law. The cop was growing more belligerent and insulting. Still, Mwata tried to placate him by speaking in measured tones. It didn’t help. He even showed the cop a police benevolent association card with the name and cell phone number of a cop he had just treated a couple days earlier. The cop told Mwata the policeman on the card wasn’t in his precinct. He coldly said it meant nothing to him. The cop grew more agitated as he tried to extract from Mwata a confession that he had broken the law. He took a couple of steps away from the car and ominously placed his hand on his gun.

Every time I think of it, Oh, Lord, I shudder. The cop asked Mwata a question that haunts him to this day. He asked, nastily, hatefully, if Mwata were stupid.

You know the quiet anger my son felt at having acquired a world-class education only to be questioned about his intelligence by a white boy whose IQ translated to an Intimidation Quotient provided by a shield that allowed him to mow down smart n****** with impunity. When Mwata said he didn’t know what he meant, and wondered aloud why he asked such a question, the cop got even more agitated. He snapped that he should take Mwata to jail and that my son had no right to be driving a car. He shouted that is his son weren’t with him that he’d have no problem placing Mwata in handcuffs and locking him up. The cop admitted that the only thing that was stopping him was that he had no place to put the five-year old. That may have saved Mwata from certain arrest – who knows?- maybe from an unjust, untimely death.

It was at that moment that the force of everything rained down on Mwata. The cop was threatening, his hand was on his gun, and Mosi had awakened from sleep to see his father being disrespected and threatened by an officer of the law. Fear struck Mwata hard. He glanced at his son in the rearview mirror and had one thought: I don’t want to die tonight. I don’t want my son to see me shot.”

That brings tears to my eyes. What a chilling recognition of the high cost for such a simple offense, all because an enraged white male cop was feeling his oats and seeking to humiliate my son. All because he could get away with it. Even if my son had been guilty, his crime wouldn’t have merited the implied threat of lethal force.

Mwata continued the dance of complete compliance. He nodded his head in agreement with the cop, doing anything he could not to be cut down in front of Mosi. The officer gave Mwata a ticket and a stern warning that if he ever saw him again he would take him straight to jail. Literally five seconds after he left Mwata go the cop pulled over another black motorist. So many whites say they hate the quotas they associate with affirmative action, but quotas don’t seem to bother the white folk in blue who can’t get enough of them as they harass one black citizen after another.

Oh Lord, it fills me with fear, and then anger, and grief, to think that some son of a bitch with a badge and a gun could just take their lives, take our lives, as if it means nothing. I am beyond rage. Oh Lord, at the utter complicity of even good white folk who claim that they care, and yet their voices don’t ring loudly and consistently against an injustice so grave that it sends us to our graves with frightening frequency.”

I shared this because I think it makes sense to read what a black man says about police brutality from personal experience rather than reading someone’s book who has no such expertise. She may quote and list what she believes to be facts, but the person with an argument is never at the mercy of the person with an experience.
I didn't read this post because 1) it's too long and 2) I've heard Michael Eric Dyson speak before, and I consider him an idiot, without a gram of credibility. I believe Ann Coulter and her factual reports, a ton more than I would ever believe a word from Dyson.

Just glancing at one sentence it looks like the usual Dyson BS. >. "the white folk in blue who can’t get enough of them as they harass one black citizen after another" Really, Micheal ? And what % of cops would that be ? 1 % ? 0.5%. And did Michael ever take the trouble to see if the particular white cops he complains about, aren't harassing whites and Hispanics also, just because they are that way, rather than the color of their targets.

If black people would take the time to read the book Mugged by Ann Coulter, they would discover that they aren't the only ones getting shafted in our society, and they aren't the ones getting shafted by Affirmative Action either. They're the beneficiaries of that.

And they're not the only ones whose ancestors were slaves on southern American plantations. My Irish ancestors (Jacobites) were slaves on plantation in North Carolina, after they were sent there by the English, after the battle of Cullendan in Scotland in 1746. Thousands of whites (Scots, Irish, and French) were sent, and lived out their lives in slavery.

I

I have to wonder
I didn't read this post because 1) it's too long and 2) I've heard Michael Eric Dyson speak before, and I consider him an idiot, without a gram of credibility.
Sorry if you don't like to read long things. I have to wonder why you think Michael Eric Dyson has no credibility. He is an ordained minister, a University Professor of Sociology, author of numerous books, an opinion writer for the New York Times, has been named one of the most influential African Americans in the nation. Is he, to you, without a gram of credibility because he is black? I have to wonder.

By the way, I am going to read the book you suggested. I will no doubt post my reaction to it at some point.

Your away don't work.

Person #1: "We shouldn't be shooting ourselves in the foot."

Person #2: "You might want to stop playing with the gun."

Person #1: "I cannot stop playing with the gun."

Person #2: "Don't be surprised when you shoot yourself in the foot."

Person #1: "You are retarded ... Not playing with the gun won't keep me from shooting myself in the foot."

Your way fails because you are white and now want to make everyone stop seeing race when you have seen and used race for about 400 years on his continent..

7 Reasons Why 'Colorblindness' Contributes to Racism Instead of Solves It - Everyday Feminism

Many whites have adopted the colorblind claim of non-racism. There is one problem with this. This belief about colorblindness is a form of racism. Being white and not having to deal directly with racism, it is simple for whites to ignore or discount the impact of racism upon anyone. They can claim to be colorblind even as they practice racism because they don’t face it. One of the main problems with this coming from whites is this belief ignores some 400 years of American history. We could all go colorblind relative to race tomorrow, but the damage created by almost four centuries of abuses will still exist. Whites will be colorblind then continue not hiring blacks because blacks do not have work experience. Yet that lack of work experience would have been due to the racism that occurred before everybody turned colorblind. However now that we would have become colorblind we can ignore those years because we don’t see color and are only hiring based on merit.

Therefore you are the one playing with the gun.

I don’t know what the motive is for distortion of history by those claiming Irish slaves in the western hemisphere to be a myth, nor do I care.

In 1690, during England’s reign of William & Mary, Catholic followers (Jacobites) of King James II, fought William of Orange (King William III) in the Battle of the Boyne in North Ireland. William’s army of English, Dutch, and Danish troops were highly trained, skilled fighters, and they demolished the Jacobites.

56 years later, after the Battle of Cullonden, April 15, 1746, near Edinburgh, Scotland, and the defeat of Prince Charles Edward Stuart (Bonnie Prince Charlie), and his army of 3,000 Jacobites, the English were determined to squash Catholicism and Jacobism, once and for all. Jacobite leaders were beheaded and hung.

Many Jacobite prisoners were shot, imprisoned and starved, and the majority were sold as slaves to American plantations. These thousands of white slaves were Irish, Scottish, and French (France being the refuge for James II after his abdication from the English throne). They live out their lives in slavery, for decades, working alongside African imported slaves, and endured hardships about the same, or worse.

Henri and Barbara Van Der Zee, William and Mary, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1973, originally published in London, England, by MacMillan publishing. pg. 306-322.

Plantagenet Somerset Fry, The Kings & Queens of England & Scotland, Dorling Kindersly Ltd., London England, 1990, pg. 146-151, pg. 164-165.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back