Bloody arrest of UVA student...

I remember when I was a teen, and I was at a party. The cops were called, and a white guy was told to leave, and he refused, saying he had permission to be there. Well, things escalated from there with him swearing at the police and telling them he was going to kick their asses. They threw him to the ground and started hitting him with their flashlights. That was a WHITE guy . . .
There must have been no Black guys handy.

No, it was because he was drunk and belligerent, wouldn't cooperate with them or answer their questions and was trying to pull away and was aggressive.

But remember the people on the scene and tests show he wasnt drunk or belligerent

I remember when I was a teen, and I was at a party. The cops were called, and a white guy was told to leave, and he refused, saying he had permission to be there. Well, things escalated from there with him swearing at the police and telling them he was going to kick their asses. They threw him to the ground and started hitting him with their flashlights. That was a WHITE guy . . .

No, it was because he was drunk and belligerent, wouldn't cooperate with them or answer their questions and was trying to pull away and was aggressive.

But remember the people on the scene and tests show he wasnt drunk or belligerent
But, he did blow a .02, which means he was illegally drinking at some point.

His own friend stated that Johnson tried to "pull away" from the Police as they were trying to question him. At that point he was taken to the ground by two officers, sustaining the laceration to his head as it struck the brick sidewalk.

But he was Black. Thats sufficient reason to attack him.

His own friend stated that Johnson tried to "pull away" from the Police as they were trying to question him. At that point he was taken to the ground by two officers, sustaining the laceration to his head as it struck the brick sidewalk.
Why were they questioning him?

Some bar was indeed serving minors that night...either that or one of Mr Johnson's "friends" procured alcohol for him. The crux of the problem that night lies there...not with the ABC police.

In post #183, a poster states that the friend of the this person admitted he was trying to pull away. Do you feel the cops should just let him behave in that manner? I feel that if you cooperate and remain calm that you aren't going to get shoved to the ground or otherwise assaulted by the police officers.

I assume it was because they'd just observed him being refused entry to the bar with the ID that he was carrying. What would you make of that if YOU were the police, Milkweed?

In post #183, a poster states that the friend of the this person admitted he was trying to pull away. Do you feel the cops should just let him behave in that manner? I feel that if you cooperate and remain calm that you aren't going to get shoved to the ground or otherwise assaulted by the police officers.
Why were the cops bothering him at all?

But, he did blow a .02, which means he was illegally drinking at some point.

He wasnt drunk or belligerent you liar

He also stated that he wasnt being agressive in any way...you keep leaving out that part

I assume it was because they'd just observed him being refused entry to the bar with the ID that he was carrying. What would you make of that if YOU were the police, Milkweed?

He wasnt the only one turned away but he was the only one arrested as indicated in any story you read about it

I wouldnt make anything of it. I would assume he was underage and got turned away.

He wasnt the only one turned away but he was the only one arrested as indicated in any story you read about it

Did anyone else try to "pull away" when they were being questioned by the Police? If they did and they were not arrested then you might have a point, Closed. Mr. Johnson was arrested for THAT action.

I wouldnt make anything of it. I would assume he was underage and got turned away.

But you're an ABC officer! Your JOB is to prevent underage drinking and you've just witnessed what you assume is an underage person trying to gain entry to a bar with an ID that wasn't acceptable. You wouldn't make anything of it? Then you might as well get in your cruiser and go get some donuts, Milkweed because you're not there to do your job!

But you're an ABC officer! Your JOB is to prevent underage drinking and you've just witnessed what you assume is an underage person trying to gain entry to a bar with an ID that wasn't acceptable. You wouldn't make anything of it? Then you might as well get in your cruiser and go get some donuts, Milkweed because you're not there to do your job!
If he is turned away my job is completed. Why would I grab someone that is leaving and didnt start a confrontation? I'm there to catch people the bouncers let in that are underage or that are obviously drunk and underage.

Apparently, this particular department has a history of being overly aggressive, and that includes with white people as well . . .

Violent arrest of black U-Va. student sparks scrutiny of Virginia ABC - The Washington Post

That increased enforcement effort drew criticism in April 2013 after plainclothes Virginia ABC officers confronted a 20-year-old white student in the parking lot of a Harris Teeter in Charlottesville. Six agents closed in on the student, and one pulled a gun. But instead of carrying a case of beer, as the agents suspected, the student had bottles of LaCroix sparkling water.

Did anyone else try to "pull away" when they were being questioned by the Police? If they did and they were not arrested then you might have a point, Closed. Mr. Johnson was arrested for THAT action.

No he was arrested for resisting arrest, public swearing and public intoxication. Oh you should know that he was charged with public intoxication but he was not intoxicated. But they charged him so him must've been.

Also people are always charged with cursing....not

If he is turned away my job is completed. Why would I grab someone that is leaving and didnt start a confrontation? I'm there to catch people the bouncers let in that are underage or that are obviously drunk and underage.

A minor trying to gain entry to a bar or purchase alcohol with a fake ID is committing a crime, Milkweed. If you've just witnessed that taking place and you're an ABC officer then it's your job to arrest that minor and prevent them from trying to do so again. Johnson WAS served by someone that night. His own friends admitted that when they stated that he didn't seem that intoxicated when he was with them right before he was arrested. They didn't say he wasn't intoxicated at all...but that he wasn't that intoxicated!

A minor trying to gain entry to a bar or purchase alcohol with a fake ID is committing a crime, Milkweed. If you've just witnessed that taking place and you're an ABC officer then it's your job to arrest that minor and prevent them from trying to do so again. Johnson WAS served by someone that night. His own friends admitted that when they stated that he didn't seem that intoxicated when he was with them right before he was arrested. They didn't say he wasn't intoxicated at all...but that he wasn't that intoxicated!
But the ID wasnt fake. He told you it was? The management and everyone else said he did not appear intoxicted.

Forum List

Back