Bloody arrest of UVA student...

“How did this happen?”

The official answer was that agents of the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) had seen the 20-year-old University of Virginia student being denied entry to the Trinity Irish Pub in Charlottesville.

But that does not explain why the ABC agents chose Johnson in particular.

He surely was not the only person to be turned away from an Irish bar at the edge of a college campus on St. Patrick’s Day.

Yet, he seems to have been the only one who was arrested.

Johnson had never been in trouble with the law and was understandably surprised to find himself suddenly grabbed by the ABC agents who asked him about a fake ID. He told them he did not have one and reflexively asked them to let go of his arm.

The ABC agents responded by slamming him to the sidewalk like he was a gunman after a shootout, causing a head wound that would require 10 stitches to close.

Johnson repeatedly declared himself to be a legitimate college student.

Bloodied UVa Student Martese Johnson Is Left to Ask How Did This Happen - The Daily Beast

Well, why do you think the police were summoned?

They werent summoned and you would know that if you read anything reported anywhere

It doesn't say that they were NOT summoned in your link either. What are you saying? The police just showed up at the right time? Or they were already there?

Why do you lie so much. You dont know shit about the case but you know that the black guy did something wrong because your brain told you

No matter what the actual news says you guys have a history of making up bad choices and attitudes to every black person in every incident involving police everytime.

Martese Johnson Was Polite and Cordial Before Arrest Bar Says - NBC News

Alcohol control agents had said that they planned to keep a close eye on the bar on St. Patrick's Day because it was Irish, the statement said.

Dumbass!

Where does it say the police were not called?
The police were already there. They were keeping a watch on the bar idiot.

They werent summoned and you would know that if you read anything reported anywhere

It doesn't say that they were NOT summoned in your link either. What are you saying? The police just showed up at the right time? Or they were already there?

Why do you lie so much. You dont know shit about the case but you know that the black guy did something wrong because your brain told you

No matter what the actual news says you guys have a history of making up bad choices and attitudes to every black person in every incident involving police everytime.

Alcohol control agents had said that they planned to keep a close eye on the bar on St. Patrick's Day because it was Irish, the statement said.

Dumbass!

That is not stated in the OP's original link.

Dumbass!

They found him too.

Dumbass!

So, you want people to believe that they saw this black guy and just decided to attack him?

Since I wasn't there I can only go on statements of those who were...and my own life experiences. It's been stated by those who were there that Mr. Johnson tried to "pull away" from the ABC officer who was asking him for his ID. I don't know if that occurred because Johnson didn't know who the ABC police were at first. I don't know if he simply reacted instinctively to being grabbed. I don't know if Johnson was angered by being asked for his ID.

What I DO know is that when police are detaining you and you "pull away" or push them or tell them to get their hands off of you...the almost universal response by police is to take you to the ground and cuff you.

Yeah and also what you dont know is if he pulled away in the first place but you already got your bullshit excuse ready. I didnt see anywhere that stated he pulled away. Hell, I heard he banged the cops wife (since we're just making up stuff)

I'm just going by witness statements such as the following:

"UVA student Bryan Beaubrun said he is friends with Johnson and witnessed the arrest.

Beaubrun said Johnson was trying to get into the Trinity Irish Pub when he was stopped by a bouncer.

After having discussions with the bouncer, Beaubrun said an ABC officer grabbed Johnson by the arm and pulled him away from the bar to speak with a group of police officers.

After about a minute, Beaubrun said Johnson asked the ABC officer to let go of his arm and tried pulling away from the officer. At that point, another ABC officer grabbed Johnson from behind and the two ABC officers wrestled Johnson to the ground, Beaubrun said.

He said Johnson hit his head on the ground when he was tackled and that police acted with unnecessary force."

Bloody-faced U.Va. student held down by ABC cop

Black people, you have to learn not to fight with the police. If you think you have been treated unfairly, then you take that up in court. Otherwise, you are only hurting yourselves. IF you try to fight the police in any manner, they are going to take actions against you, regardless of your skin color.

Since I wasn't there I can only go on statements of those who were...and my own life experiences. It's been stated by those who were there that Mr. Johnson tried to "pull away" from the ABC officer who was asking him for his ID. I don't know if that occurred because Johnson didn't know who the ABC police were at first. I don't know if he simply reacted instinctively to being grabbed. I don't know if Johnson was angered by being asked for his ID.

What I DO know is that when police are detaining you and you "pull away" or push them or tell them to get their hands off of you...the almost universal response by police is to take you to the ground and cuff you.

Yeah and also what you dont know is if he pulled away in the first place but you already got your bullshit excuse ready. I didnt see anywhere that stated he pulled away. Hell, I heard he banged the cops wife (since we're just making up stuff)

I'm just going by witness statements such as the following:

"UVA student Bryan Beaubrun said he is friends with Johnson and witnessed the arrest.

Beaubrun said Johnson was trying to get into the Trinity Irish Pub when he was stopped by a bouncer.

After having discussions with the bouncer, Beaubrun said an ABC officer grabbed Johnson by the arm and pulled him away from the bar to speak with a group of police officers.

After about a minute, Beaubrun said Johnson asked the ABC officer to let go of his arm and tried pulling away from the officer. At that point, another ABC officer grabbed Johnson from behind and the two ABC officers wrestled Johnson to the ground, Beaubrun said.

He said Johnson hit his head on the ground when he was tackled and that police acted with unnecessary force."

Bloody-faced U.Va. student held down by ABC cop

Hey you cut it off too early:

He said Johnson hit his head on the ground when he was tackled and that police acted with unnecessary force.

"He didn't need to be tackled. He wasn't being aggressive at all," Beaubrun said.

Johnson did not immediately return an email seeking comment.

And also failed to quote another part showing the ABC cops have a history of aggressive behavior. I guess any suggestions that this kid was aggressive means more than Actual events showing the ABC cops being agressive

ABC agents in Charlottesville have been accused of heavy-handed actions in the past.

The state of Virginia reached a $212,500 settlement last year with a UVA student who was arrested after her purchase of water was mistaken for beer.

Elizabeth Daly fled in terror outside a Charlottesville supermarket in April 2013 when her vehicle was swarmed by state ABC agents who mistook her just-purchased carton of sparkling water for beer.

Daly was charged with eluding police and assaulting a police officer after her SUV grazed two of the agents. The arrest provoked a public outcry, and the charges were dropped.

Dumbass!

Thats where personal research skills come in handy.

Dumbass!

So, you want people to believe that they saw this black guy and just decided to attack him?
Dont care what people believe. Just stating the obvious.

Dumbass!

Well, some of us have jobs and I'm only posting here in between reports. I don't have the time to do extensive research. I read the OP, and my comments are based upon that.

Dumbass!

What's obvious? There is really nothing obvious. Details are sketchy at best.

Dumbass!

Well, some of us have jobs and I'm only posting here in between reports. I don't have the time to do extensive research. I read the OP, and my comments are based upon that.
Then you shouldnt make dumb comments.

I'll keep waiting for more evidence, however at this point, it looks like excessive force. As far as racially motivated...I think these guys don't care about color, they seem to like their authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumbass!

What's obvious? There is really nothing obvious. Details are sketchy at best.
Its obvious he was picked out by the cops because he was Black.

They were like, "oh, black guy, let's go slam him to the ground for no reason." Lol.
Thats what a lot of the cowards with badges do. You must be white not to know that.

Sorry, but most of the instances like this I've read have to do with the "arrestee" fighting in some form. It doesn't matter if you are black, white or purple, if you fight with the police, they are going to put you down on the ground and handcuff you. Cooperate, answer their questions in a calm manner, and don't try to pull away or fight, and you don't have to worry about it.

Forum List

Back