Blue Ridge hotel defies Park Service shutdown

Because it is on federal land, and the government cannot provide services for which it is liable?

You dumb ass, the parkway on which this hotel is located is remaining open and patrolled by rangers because it is a through road, there is no safety issue, except rangers that could be patrolling the road are blocking a drive way. Irrational!

What the Moonie Times left out:

Bruce O'Connell, described in the article as the "owner" of the Inn, isn't the owner after all. He leases the place from the National Park Service.

Anyone that has a clue knows "Government Shutdowns" cost over $300 million per day more than keeping the government running. Anyone who shuts it down is just burning more of your taxes & giving you nothing in return.

Bruce O'Connell, described in the article as the "owner" of the Inn, isn't the owner after all. He leases the place from the National Park Service.

Yeah? So? Around here, there are three companies that lease land from the Corps of Engineers to operate marinas...and they're remaining open.

So you're saying the park service is violating an existing contract? I see a law suit the tax payers will be on the hook for. Thank you dear fucking leader.

Because it is on federal land, and the government cannot provide services for which it is liable?

What services does the park service provide? If they are lime Claude Moore Farm they call the local sheriff if they need help. Besides, with armed guards outside the hotel 24 hours a day trying to close it down they get better police protection now than they ever had in the past.

Just wait until the unions force us to pay all these now vacationing government employees back-pay for their time off plus overtime spent catching up when they get back.

We are going to pay & pay & pay for this shutdown just like the previous ones.

So you're saying the park service is violating an existing contract? I see a law suit the tax payers will be on the hook for. Thank you dear fucking leader.

I'm not your dear fucking leader, thanks anyway.

I'm just telling you the NPS owns the place. And they're shorted by the shutdown.
Isn't it interesting that the Moonie Times lied about that?

Meanwhile, you actually think the President of the United States takes time out of his day to see that the Pisgah Inn closes? Really? :lmao:

How did they leave that out when they said the inn was on federal land?

I'm just telling you the NPS owns the place. And they're shorted by the shutdown.

Meanwhile, you actually think the President of the United States takes time out of his day to see that the Pisgah Inn closes? Really? :lmao:

If you don't you haven't been paying attention.

"Left out" as in "misled and then failed to clarify". Here's the wording in the article:

>> Inn owner Bruce O'Connell confirmed to The Washington Times that rangers were parked at the entrance to his inn... <<

Except it ain't his inn; it's the gummint's. What Bruce owns is the business of running the inn, for the term of his lease.

As to whether the gummint's in violation of that lease, I don't have a copy of it so I don't know what provision might be in there for gumint shutdowns, but what I read did mention that they told O'Connell he was in violation.

Or maybe just haven't been drinking the Kool-Aid. How is it today?
Sorry, I just can't fuel on assumptions.

Nope you're not the dear leader, you're just one of his zombie lackeys. And the man owns the place just as any franchisee owns any franchise business.

They are a Private Business. No Government employees, on a road that remains open.

The Gov't has no business closing them. This is the strategy of the Dems. Cause as much Chaos as possible. Make it painful and shout at the top of their lungs, it's the GOP's fault.

Anyone, with any common sense would simply leave these people alone and let them stay open.

The Inn should now file a Class Action against the Fed.

"Left out" as in "misled and then failed to clarify". Here's the wording in the article:

>> Inn owner Bruce O'Connell confirmed to The Washington Times that rangers were parked at the entrance to his inn... <<

Except it ain't his inn; it's the gummint's. What Bruce owns is the business of running the inn, for the term of his lease.

As to whether the gummint's in violation of that lease, I don't have a copy of it so I don't know what provision might be in there for gumint shutdowns, but what I read did mention that they told O'Connell he was in violation.

Funny, I read that article three times, it clearly states he owns the concession, and you claim it is misleading. Want to explain how?

Or maybe just haven't been drinking the Kool-Aid. How is it today?
Sorry, I just can't fuel on assumptions.

I guess you believed them when they told you it was juice.

If it helps you get over your superiority delusion the park service has openly admitted they have ordered their employees to make life difficult for the public.

Forum List

Back