Blue Ridge hotel defies Park Service shutdown

So you're saying the park service is violating an existing contract? I see a law suit the tax payers will be on the hook for. Thank you dear fucking leader.

I'm not your dear fucking leader, thanks anyway.

I'm just telling you the NPS owns the place. And they're shorted by the shutdown.
Isn't it interesting that the Moonie Times lied about that?

Meanwhile, you actually think the President of the United States takes time out of his day to see that the Pisgah Inn closes? Really? :lmao:

Nope you're not the dear leader, you're just one of his zombie lackeys. And the man owns the place just as any franchisee owns any franchise business.

So you're incapable of admitting the Moonie Times lied. Why am I not surprised...

No, the man doesn't own the place. The gummint owns the place. He owns his business, which is an abstract concept.

Last edited:
How did they leave that out when they said the inn was on federal land?

"Left out" as in "misled and then failed to clarify". Here's the wording in the article:

>> Inn owner Bruce O'Connell confirmed to The Washington Times that rangers were parked at the entrance to his inn... <<

Except it ain't his inn; it's the gummint's. What Bruce owns is the business of running the inn, for the term of his lease.

As to whether the gummint's in violation of that lease, I don't have a copy of it so I don't know what provision might be in there for gumint shutdowns, but what I read did mention that they told O'Connell he was in violation.

Funny, I read that article three times, it clearly states he owns the concession, and you claim it is misleading. Want to explain how?

Funny you didn't read the post of mine that you quoted, since it would have answered that question before you asked it. Now look where you are.

What the Moonie Times left out:

Bruce O'Connell, described in the article as the "owner" of the Inn, isn't the owner after all. He leases the place from the National Park Service.

So...leasing from the government which means you are actually paying them for the land use is beholden to the government being funded that has no bearing on your business but since they are closed down you can't be open to provide them income.

Does the owner now get his lease reduced for the time his business is closed by the government that is providing nothing?

If you don't you haven't been paying attention.

Or maybe just haven't been drinking the Kool-Aid. How is it today?
Sorry, I just can't fuel on assumptions.

I guess you believed them when they told you it was juice.

If it helps you get over your superiority delusion the park service has openly admitted they have ordered their employees to make life difficult for the public.

And if it helps you get over your internet message board delusions, the National Park Service is not the President of the United States.

Who knew.

Bruce O'Connell, described in the article as the "owner" of the Inn, isn't the owner after all. He leases the place from the National Park Service.

So...leasing from the government which means you are actually paying them for the land use is beholden to the government being funded that has no bearing on your business but since they are closed down you can't be open to provide them income.

Does the owner now get his lease reduced for the time his business is closed by the government that is providing nothing?

Without having a copy of the lease in hand, we don't know. But it seems a reasonable case.

Hey maybe the Moonie Times knows. There's a reliable source.

So you're saying the park service is violating an existing contract? I see a law suit the tax payers will be on the hook for. Thank you dear fucking leader.

I'm just telling you the NPS owns the place. And they're shorted by the shutdown.

Meanwhile, you actually think the President of the United States takes time out of his day to see that the Pisgah Inn closes? Really? :lmao:

They are desperate and will grasp at any straw to try to find fault with the President. Pathetic.

Without having a copy of the lease in hand, we don't know. But it seems a reasonable case.

You said the land was being leased and made the argument that that was the reason they should be shut down during this funding negotiation. So now you are thinking maybe that's not the best course of action?

They are desperate and will grasp at any straw to try to find fault with the President. Pathetic.

This president is pathetic. Not hard to grab a straw when the space around us is filled with them. The pathetic is so thick we are drowning in straws.

You said the land was being leased and made the argument that that was the reason they should be shut down during this funding negotiation. So now you are thinking maybe that's not the best course of action?

I didn't take a position on the best course of action. I don't know all the details (like the lease) and I make it a point not to comment based on assumption. It does sound kind of mindless on the surface, but again the surface is all I'm in a position to see.

I'm just pointing out that the Moonie Times, the source quoted in the OP, is deliberately slanting the story.

Nope you're not the dear leader, you're just one of his zombie lackeys. And the man owns the place just as any franchisee owns any franchise business.

So you're incapable of admitting the Moonie Times lied. Why am I not surprised...

No, the man doesn't own the place. The gummint owns the place. He owns his business, which is an abstract concept.

They didn't lie, he owns the business, show me where there was a claim he owned the facilities. I know it's hard for zombies like you to understand because you've had you head so far up your dear leaders ass for so long your probably oxygen deprived but did you know it's actually possible to own a trucking company and not own a truck?

They didn't lie, he owns the business, show me where there was a claim he owned the facilities. I know it's hard for zombies like you to understand because you've had you head so far up your dear leaders ass for so long your probably oxygen deprived but did you know it's actually possible to own a trucking company and not own a truck?

You and your childish ad hominem bullshit can go fuck yourselves. Those too lazy to think (or read what's already posted) are just not worth my time.

You and your childish ad hominem bullshit can go fuck yourselves. Those too lazy to think (or read what's already posted) are just not worth my time.

The United States Government just VIOLATED the INNS FUCKING LEASE.

CLASS ACTION TIME.................

Go Fuck yourself.

You don't have a clue what "class action" means, do you? :rofl:

Where's this lease? You have a copy?

Why the hell would I have a copy. The article states they LEASE THE LAND which means they operate by paying for a Damned Lease.

Since they are forced to shut down, why the hell wouldn't the Gov't be in violation of a Lease...............

This is a PRIVATE BUSINESS. NOT GOV'T.

It doesn't fucking matter if it's own Gov't land. The land became private via contract to a Lease.

They need to sue their asses off.

I didn't take a position on the best course of action. I don't know all the details (like the lease) and I make it a point not to comment based on assumption. It does sound kind of mindless on the surface, but again the surface is all I'm in a position to see.

I'm just pointing out that the Moonie Times, the source quoted in the OP, is deliberately slanting the story.

You did take a position. You chose to defend the government side without the contract or any further knowledge of the situation despite what you claim now to be mindless on the surface or as others may think common sense.

I don't see any slant in the OP story. The government is forcing people with leases not related to government funding to shut down for no reason.

Run away little one, tired of getting your ass handed to ya? Can't even answer a direct question can you?

Why the hell would I have a copy. The article states they LEASE THE LAND which means they operate by paying for a Damned Lease.

Since they are forced to shut down, why the hell wouldn't the Gov't be in violation of a Lease...............

This is a PRIVATE BUSINESS. NOT GOV'T.

It doesn't fucking matter if it's own Gov't land. The land became private via contract to a Lease.

They need to sue their asses off.

No no, you made the claim, now it's your job to back it up. Since you obviously have a copy of this lease (otherwise you wouldn't know what you were talking about), kindly scan the document and post it so we can all read it. Or at least quote the language in the lease that shows the NPS is in violation of it. Since, you know, you have a copy of this lease and we don't....

:eusa_whistle:

Well well, we aren't deluded enough to ignore his faults. You are. We would be the first to acknowledge his successes, but right now, he isn't succeeding. Fact.

Riddle me this.................

The Federal Gov't leases land all over. It leases millions of acres to Oil and Gas exploration, grazing land for cattle, land for lumber, and etc......................

Show me where these land rigs are being shut down...................

Show me where the farmers can't check on their cow's...............Does the Gov't OWN THE CATTLE GRAZING THERE because it's their land.............

Does the Gov't own the land rigs producing oil there..................

No they do not. It's PRIVATE PROPERTY, not the Gov'ts property.

What's the problem on this thread and OP. It's that the LIBS are so FAR UP OBAMA'S ASS, that we see them when he smiles.....................

They are so desperate to justify anything including this BS with the end.............

You Libs defending this shit are nothing more than Obama boot licking tools.

Forum List

Back