Bob Beckel in rehab for painkillers

I know several people who ended up addicted to Roxies or Oxy after surgery. Opiate analgesics are very addictive. If somebody is taking them for several months they will most likely become addicted.
No, they are most likely drug addicts who have no self control.

I was on oxycodone for 2 months after breaking 4 ribs last year, stopping them was one of the hardest things I have done in my 51 years. Everything hurt for at least a month, could not sleep could not get comfortable, it was a bad period in my life. I stopped cold turkey and it sucked. I am not an addictive person. He is, I feel for his struggle even though I generally think he is a tool. Good luck getting the treatment to get off the shit. trust me do not criticize until you have been on these pills. I took a pill every 4 hours like clockwork, day and night. I never want pain killers again and that is a fact!!!

Beckel is a token liberal on Fox and an admitted substance abuser. You could call them painkillers to be polite. The fact is that the post belongs in the media forum and nobody really cares about Beckel anyway.
It's current events and we care. Get the hell out if you don't want to discuss it.

if it were not for republicans or FOX, I would never have known who Colmes, or Juan were either.... did any of these guys ever represent the left, on any of the other network political shows, previous to working for Fox News as supposed representatives of the Left?

I admit, just a little over a decade ago, I didn't even know what politics was, didn't vote but once right out of high school previously, didn't care, just wanted to do the best job I could do, at work and with my career, and be the best wife I could be, at home, so I had little time for any of this nonsense that I am (sadly) engrossed in now....but now I don't work for a living outside of the home, so I have all the time in the world to try to read and catch up on the last 35 years or so that I missed out on....and I have made a lot of progress on the 'catch up'...(Oh JOY!, not!)

But seriously, I've never heard of any of these people that are suppose to represent the left, on Fox News Channel....at least have not seen them on other channels that do 'represent' primarily the left, the past 10 plus years?

so then

what are you doing in a political forum?
uhhhh, I answered that in my post Skye....read above! ;)

ok so I read ....so you know shit from the past years ok

ok cool then.... me thinks you still don't know what politics is....but hey

its ok we are not all Einsteins here :)

I notice a lot of conservatives wishing the man well in his struggle, and liberals dropping by to be hateful hypocrites as usual.
Nothing new there Unkotare. Liberals are basically unhappy and hate it when people are happy. They want us miserable like them.

Who is Beckel and are we Liberals suppose to know him? Maybe I am too young? (that would be a first, lol)

Regardless, I wish him well with his recovery.

And how is he suppose to represent the "left" when people like me don't even know who he is?
If it means anything to you I'm pretty sure Bob doesn't know who you are either.

I was watching Mclaughlin Group back when most of the drooling FOX set were seeking their edification from reruns of Three's Company......Read 5 daily newspapers regularly before the Internet, paying particular attention to editorials and opinions......

Never heard of Beckel....
Beckel ran Mondale's campaign. Bet you voted for him.

Who is Beckel and are we Liberals suppose to know him? Maybe I am too young? (that would be a first, lol)

And how is he suppose to represent the "left" when people like me don't even know who he is?
If it means anything to you I'm pretty sure Bob doesn't know who you are either.

I was watching Mclaughlin Group back when most of the drooling FOX set were seeking their edification from reruns of Three's Company......Read 5 daily newspapers regularly before the Internet, paying particular attention to editorials and opinions......

That's another reason to feel bad for Beckel.

Whose campaign? :D

Last edited:

Whose campaign? :D
The guy who lost every state but one to Reagan in 1984 I don't know who I feel worse for on that one Mondale or Beckle.

I was on oxycodone for 2 months after breaking 4 ribs last year, stopping them was one of the hardest things I have done in my 51 years. Everything hurt for at least a month, could not sleep could not get comfortable, it was a bad period in my life. I stopped cold turkey and it sucked. I am not an addictive person. He is, I feel for his struggle even though I generally think he is a tool. Good luck getting the treatment to get off the shit. trust me do not criticize until you have been on these pills. I took a pill every 4 hours like clockwork, day and night. I never want pain killers again and that is a fact!!!
It's why I thought Democrats were idiots for making fun of Rush Limbaugh's struggle with oxy addiction. Half those morons had probably been addicted at some point in their lives. It's very common and not something to upbraid someone over.

Drug addicts unite. Millions of people take pain killers...not all of them...not the majority of them bevome pill popping abusers.

I can sympathize with Beckel (who seems like a nice fella'); cuz, I'm in Rehab .........from a F'in Rehab! (True Story).

I respect Beckel. I believe he is an honest broker on the liberal side. I wish him the best.

Leftists on Fox News are always well loved by the audience, Juan Williams, Alan Colmes, and Beckel. There's no chance if any conservative were on MSNBC they would even get a token of tolerance from the Left.
. This is how you KNOW when someone is talking out of their A$$...

msnbc STARTS their day with 3 hours of a conservative spewing their claptrap. Morning Joe led by Republican congressman Joseph Scarborough

I respect Beckel. I believe he is an honest broker on the liberal side. I wish him the best.

Leftists on Fox News are always well loved by the audience, Juan Williams, Alan Colmes, and Beckel. There's no chance if any conservative were on MSNBC they would even get a token of tolerance from the Left.
Bob is OK for a Liberal as he is not a Far Left Lunatic but Colmes and Juan..........I would tie those two twats in a knot and throw them off the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
I hated Juan since the day he attacked Anne Romney calling her a corporate wife. He keeps coming up with insane, idiotic rants just to keep up the act, but sometimes he's just an asshole.
Hate...[emoji38] finally the Catholic cult member teaper admits what he is.
They always come out of the closet...eventually.

Forum List

Back