• Loosely regulated

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Highly regulated

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Closed

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Captain_Steel
I'm sure it's been raised before but...What should our border policy be?

Depends on your definition of 'regulated'. I'm unsure here if you are speaking of immigration policy, then enforcement or just enforcement of existing law.

- Armed troops with the ability to shoot anyone who crosses the border.
- No immigration from any Arab country, save for political asylum.
- Limited immigration from other countries.

Originally posted by gop_jeff

#1 will never happen Jeff, not in our lifetimes.

CLOSED! Until this war on terrorism is over.

Why the hell do need them "open" anyway? When the majority of the "world" HATES US?

Fuck it.... close 'em.

Originally posted by Captain_Steel
I'm sure it's been raised before but...What should our border policy be?
It's your thread, what do you think it should be. Let's start there!

*EDIT*
Hey you all, I did not see that a poll was there when I posted this response - really.

I think we should have closed borders. For our neighbors to the north and south (and with neighbors like those who needs enemies), they can get a special Visa on their passports - oops, I mean we cazn begin making them have passports to enter.

For everyone else, no passport/visa no enter - real simple.

However, all of that will be useless unless a methodology is devised to accurately track individuals and throw them out if they violate law or documetns expire.

“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

I don't freaking believe what I am reading on this thread. I really need to get some of the shit y'all are smoking. Close the border? Put soldiers on the border? It's been a long week, but daaaaaaaaaamn. All y'all are 100% Indian right? Or maybe Aussie "No worries mate, I got mine, g'day"

Here's the rational approach that addresses border concerns in light of the new reality.

UNO: All illegals found are deported. Or imprisoned at hard labor if we cannot establish citizenship.

DOS: Everyone in USA (thats you and me also) gets an ID Card. On this ID Card you have a legible print that is registered with the FBI and what the hell, how about a DNA sample. The card is gonna ID you as a Citizen, or a Legal Alien Resident who is tracking to become a citizen. Or a tourist.

TRES: No Card, No services, No schools, No public nada, everything is cash and carry.

QUATRO: If you are not a citizen and your kid is born here, it aint a citizen. If you become a naturalized citizen then your kid gets retroed.

This is a nation of immigrants. If you close the borders, stop immigration etc, and all that, we are one step closer to renaming ourselves USSR instead of USA.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Depends on your definition of 'regulated'. I'm unsure here if you are speaking of immigration policy, then enforcement or just enforcement of existing law.

agreed

So you would shoot a poor Mexican trying to sneak across the border to make a buck?
Nice.

Originally posted by William Joyce
I think we should blow Israel's borders WIDE OPEN. Give 'em a taste of what they gave the U.S.!

How about YOU lead the charge? We'll have the Palis cover your back!

Originally posted by William Joyce
I think we should blow Israel's borders WIDE OPEN. Give 'em a taste of what they gave the U.S.!

How did Israel blow our borders WIDE OPEN?

Originally posted by nycflasher
How did Israel blow our borders WIDE OPEN?

Good question, I just liked the idea of sending him to the front.

Originally posted by pegwinn

This is a nation of immigrants. If you close the borders, stop immigration etc, and all that, we are one step closer to renaming ourselves USSR instead of USA.

Thank you. Those of us with relatives/friends who fled persecution and/or threat of death in coming here understand this more than others, perhaps.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Good question, I just liked the idea of sending him to the front.

lol, just saw your comment

Yo, Joyce. I got your back.
From about 500 yards back!:cool:

Originally posted by pegwinn
...Here's the rational approach that addresses border concerns in light of the new reality.

UNO: All illegals found are deported. Or imprisoned at hard labor if we cannot establish citizenship.
-----Um, deported yes. Forced hard labor? Miss the days of slavery, do ya?
DOS: Everyone in USA (thats you and me also) gets an ID Card. On this ID Card you have a legible print that is registered with the FBI and what the hell, how about a DNA sample. The card is gonna ID you as a Citizen, or a Legal Alien Resident who is tracking to become a citizen. Or a tourist.
-----What's wrong with the ID I have in my pocket? Not sure about the whole print and DNA thing.
TRES: No Card, No services, No schools, No public nada, everything is cash and carry.
-----Dunno. Seems to make sense. I'm not quite sure why illegals get some of the benefits they do now.
QUATRO: If you are not a citizen and your kid is born here, it aint a citizen. If you become a naturalized citizen then your kid gets retroed.
-----Why do people refer to children as "it"? Guess I don't have a problem with this one. Except, it seems to make as much sense to me that ANYONE born on American soil is Amercan by definition. Which is perhaps why that's the way it is on the books right now.

I agree on this one jeff. This is one issue(and there aren't many) that I feel GW is a little too loose on. One would have thought after 9-11 that are borders would be pretty tightly sealed.I understand that some think it is better for the economy to have them open,but I feel our safety is more important.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
CLOSED! Until this war on terrorism is over.

Why the hell do need them "open" anyway? When the majority of the "world" HATES US?

Fuck it.... close 'em.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Amen!! They all hate us,but funny how they want to live with us at the same time....hmmmmmm

Forum List

Back