Boston Cancels 3 Shows in N.C. Over Anti-LGBT Law

I think it's pretty awesome what these bands are doing. Good for them for taking a stand against religious bigots. :up:

I'm not religious, and I still believe that men should stick to going in the mens room, even if they somehow think they are female trapped in a mans body.
Same with women. If you haven't had reassignment surgery, you should not force yourself on the rest of us.

You said the same thing in the other thread, and I answered you there. :)

I was under the impression that this was a law that was also allowing businesses to discriminate against gays. Am I wrong?
allows anyone to discriminate

Oh boy, they are probably going to be sorry and lose a lot of revenue. That's what they get for listening to the old obsolete religious bigots. :dunno:

Losing company"s that we going to move to NC or expand , entertainment canceling , going back to the old tobacco road days of hick hillbillies and bible thumpers , just like Mississippi

Boston, known for classic '70s hits such as "More Than a Feeling," has canceled three shows scheduled for May in North Carolina in protest of House Bill 2.

Tom Scholz, the founder of Boston, apologized to fans who bought tickets in a statement posted on Facebook. "The removal of the shows from our schedule is a major disappointment. It has always been my wish to inspire people with BOSTON's music," Scholz wrote.

http://www.advocate.com/politics/2016/4/18/.VxV_3wC6lrk.facebook

Meh...Never heard of any of those shows.

Boston is still active ? Brad Delp has been dead for 9 years.
AC/DC got a new singer, Axl Rose...

Yep, Axl will be busy, getting ready for the GNR reunion tour, and replacing Brian Johnson in AC/DC.
My only motivation was to see Angus play when I've seen them over the last 30 years..Last time was in 1992..

You definitely won't be seeing Malcom though, he has dementia so bad he doesn't know anyone. Pretty damn sad.

Yep, Axl will be busy, getting ready for the GNR reunion tour, and replacing Brian Johnson in AC/DC.
My only motivation was to see Angus play when I've seen them over the last 30 years..Last time was in 1992..

You definitely won't be seeing Malcom though, he has dementia so bad he doesn't know anyone. Pretty damn sad.
Yeah, sucks getting old....

Delp was made for Boston, the new guy is not as good. Other than that, Boston can do what they want. Their political position has no influence in my life.

I don't really care much about the transexuals and the bathroom issue. The other issues that are going on with these laws are what bother me, discrimination against gay people. These people are not really "religious." They are just hateful bigots who hide behind religion to make excuses to hate gay people. I know a couple (at least) gay people on this forum, and they are VERY nice people.

Yes, and he went down fast.

Yes, and he went down fast.
He had other health issues which I am sure accelerated his condition...

Is anyone else getting tired of the queer and transgendered freak show that is the LGBT and GLSEN? I certainly am. It seems that liberals and leftards can't support perversity debauchery enough and will not be happy until everyone gives up and accepts it.......not gonna happen. They pushed through queer marriage then it's trans-gendered equality and now Salon.com is allowing pedophiles a platform to explain about how they are just born that way and that no real harm comes to a child? You can bet that will be the next cause celeb of the liberals and anyone that stands up to the sodomites can count on the purse swinging left to lamely silence them.....again, it will be futile.

What I find funny about the way that these celebrities choose to respond to the law being passed is them thinking that their choice to boycott the area will actually have any kind of real impact on the area. To me, what they are doing is just like someone quitting their job. When a slot becomes available, it will be filled by another person eventually. When all is said and done, the show will go on. The question is will they ever learn that they have no real leverage?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Yeah there is strength in numbers, but would there be enough people who consider this matter to be important enough?

Forum List

Back