Boston weighs giving NON CITIZENS the right to vote

No, but for instance my American wife can vote in my city elections (I'm Belgian). She can't vote on the federal level. Nobody here bats an eye. I have a question. Why does it seem to me that Republicans go out of their way to make voting as exclusive and difficult as possible?" Land of the free" rings very hollow when curtailing freedoms is so high on the policies list.
We have a constitution. Have your wife read it to you!
Funny. I've actually read the constitution. I see absolutely nothing that prohibits anyone voting in city elections. In fact the constitution says absolutely nothing about voting on the local level. Even more, by the original constitution if you are a woman you wouldn't be allowed to vote either. Thankfully, later politicians recognized that the constitution wasn't the bible.
There is an amendment process! It is long and drawn out! Go for it!
Just need 5 justices to amend the Constitution

The Justices DO NOT AMEND THE CONSTITUTION. They can only rule on whether or not a LAW is constitutional. And that can be overturned simply by Congress passing a new law and the President enacting it.

They de facto amend the Constitution. In the McDonald dissent the 4 Liberal gungrabbers said that there was no individual right to firearms. Had Hillary won, the 2A would have been essentially eliminated

Forum List

Back