Boxer: Hackers should face criminal probe over 'Climategate'

clean your glasses.

it looks to me that he's taking issue with the times decision not to publish them because they're "stolen".
:lol: Why is that a problem? And please don't make the same invalid comparison to the Pentagon Papers. The New York Times has no first amendment right to someone's emails at a university in England.

it's not a problem, it's just hypocritical.
Or maybe it's a legal issue.

The New York Times has no first amendment right to someone's emails at a university in England.

They have no prohibition either.

Clearly it was their choice. The comparison is valid and they're hypocrites.

But I understand why you are arguing a losing point, AW. :eusa_whistle:

Has anyone tried to find these emails using a search engine? As I posted before, it appears there might be some bias among the search engines.
Please try, just for me, please do a search and see if you can find them that way.

I am simply curious if any of you can run a search on google, yahoo or any other search engine and find the actual emails.

the link is here- ( East Anglia Confirmed Emails from the Climate Research Unit - Searchable) I am not asking for a link, I have that.
I am asking if anyone can find it using a search engine.

The New York Times has no first amendment right to someone's emails at a university in England.
The first amendment grants rights to leaked e-mails under certain circumstances? WTF?
No...that's not what I said. The press in our country has a first amendment right to report on what our government is up to (in this case we were talking about the pentagon papers)...wouldn't you agree? But they don't have a first amendment right to publish emails that were stolen from a university in another country.

I will love it if this whole thing just turns out to be a big butt whistle.
And watching the lemmings fall back and regroup.

:lol: Why is that a problem? And please don't make the same invalid comparison to the Pentagon Papers. The New York Times has no first amendment right to someone's emails at a university in England.

it's not a problem, it's just hypocritical.
Or maybe it's a legal issue.

yeah, maybe. or maybe they're just hypocrites who only publish what they agree with (PP, palin's hacked emails) and don't publish what they disagree with.

nah, that couldn't be.
:eusa_whistle:

The first amendment grants rights to leaked e-mails under certain circumstances? WTF?
No...that's not what I said. The press in our country has a first amendment right to report on what our government is up to (in this case we were talking about the pentagon papers)...wouldn't you agree? But they don't have a first amendment right to publish emails that were stolen from a university in another country.

but it's okay to publish domestic stolen emails?

gotcha.

I just read 93915470 and I domt see any arbitrary changing of data. I see a discussing of how they can explain a veriation of the data from their thoeries. Typical science stuff guys
We're not going to go over each and every one of them with you and deal with your denial, Baghdad Bob. :rolleyes:

That was last weeks thread. Guess he missed it.
I am not sorry I gave him the link, but I am sorry that he now sees fit to deflect from the issue itself by attempting to discuss each email.
I gave the thread, it was unintended consequences that cause each email to be posted with a defending argument.
:(

Has anyone tried to find these emails using a search engine? As I posted before, it appears there might be some bias among the search engines.
Please try, just for me, please do a search and see if you can find them that way.

I am simply curious if any of you can run a search on google, yahoo or any other search engine and find the actual emails.

the link is here- ( East Anglia Confirmed Emails from the Climate Research Unit - Searchable) I am not asking for a link, I have that.
I am asking if anyone can find it using a search engine.

I did.

#9 (surprisingly) on Google, when using these keywords "climate gate searchable emails".

I just read 93915470 and I domt see any arbitrary changing of data. I see a discussing of how they can explain a veriation of the data from their thoeries. Typical science stuff guys
We're not going to go over each and every one of them with you and deal with your denial, Baghdad Bob. :rolleyes:

That was last weeks thread. Guess he missed it.
I am not sorry I gave him the link, but I am sorry that he now sees fit to deflect from the issue itself by attempting to discuss each email.
I gave the thread, it was unintended consequences that cause each email to be posted with a defending argument.
:(

don't worry about it.

gotcha.

That brings up another important issue. I must admit I simply do not know what is legal to print and what isn't legal to print. Maybe another thread should be started for this topic alone, it is interesting enough to warrant a thread, imho.

The press in our country has a first amendment right to report on what our government is up to

There is a right to a free press, unfettered from government interference or domination. This does not indicate a "right" to anything they want from the government by any means they want, or from anybody else for that matter. Prosecute the hacker? Sure, if they believe that he broke the law. But that is a separate issue and a much smaller one than the global fraud that is being perpetuated. Two separate issues.

Last edited:
It's like arguing that you weren't buggering that child because you shouldn't have been looking in my window. It's a ridiculous argument.

Last edited:

They have no prohibition either.

Clearly it was their choice. The comparison is valid and they're hypocrites.

But I understand why you are arguing a losing point, AW. :eusa_whistle:
:eusa_whistle:Actually, Dud's been pulling your leg. The Times linked to the emails back on 11/20.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/science/earth/21climate.html

Obviously you can't belief people on message boards. :lol:

gotcha.
See my post above, dear. They did link to the emails. Did they publish Palins? I don't remember. But as she was a candidate for VP I'd go out on a limb and say that was their first amendment right.

gotcha.
See my post above, dear. They did link to the emails. Did they publish Palins? I don't remember. But as she was a candidate for VP I'd go out on a limb and say that was their first amendment right.

i've seen it before. the first amendment really has nothing to do with it.

Forum List

Back