Boy Scouts lose 1/5th of membership 1 week after announcing name change

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Boy Scouts Lose 425,000 Boys 1 Week After Announcing Name Change – True Pundit

OUCH! I am taking a wait and see approach here. We live in a conservative area and we have a large girl scout troop here so I doubt the scout troop will have any girls joining but if they do the boy scouts will lose more members my son included. I will drive him the 15 miles each way for the trail life usa group meetings.

I can't remember if I have ever asked this question before, but what is the difference between boy scouts and cub scouts?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It would have been a whole lot less upsetting to everyone if the Girl Scouts had instituted an Eagle Scout program. My understanding is, that is the crux of the matter.

I can't remember if I have ever asked this question before, but what is the difference between boy scouts and cub scouts?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Age levels. First a cub scout, then a Boy Scout, then Eagle Scout, if all qualifications are met.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Age levels. First a cub scout, then a Boy Scout, then Eagle Scout, if all qualifications are met.
Don't forget Webelos!

Webelos.png

Boy Scouts Lose 425,000 Boys 1 Week After Announcing Name Change – True Pundit

OUCH! I am taking a wait and see approach here. We live in a conservative area and we have a large girl scout troop here so I doubt the scout troop will have any girls joining but if they do the boy scouts will lose more members my son included. I will drive him the 15 miles each way for the trail life usa group meetings.
They are no longer called Boy Scouts, Squaw scouts is A name More suiting...
They’d be better off they just close their doors forever... they should put up a sign saying “we just lost our way”. LOL

Clearly, the exodus is due to the Scouts exclusion of all other genders.

In a bold move designed to garner praise from the nation’s progressives, the Boy Scouts of America finally admitted girls into their ranks, but were discovered to be hopelessly bigoted upon the revelation that they are still excluding the 49,247 other genders that have been scientifically identified.

The Scouts immediately drew heavy criticism for only allowing one additional gender to join their ranks while ignoring the tens of thousands of other genders who might wish to become a Scout.

“How can they call themselves progressive when they still won’t recognize even basic gender identities like toothpaste and Space Marine?” one progressive leader said in a Huffington Post article slamming the organization for its obvious traditional biases....

Bigoted Boy Scouts Welcome Girls But Still Exclude All 49,247 Other Genders

God bless you always!!!

Holly
there's webelos are in there somewhere too. i think pre-cub.

in any events, i'd agree with old lady - just improve your program and make it more challenging for the girls if that's what they were after.

Tiger Cubs (first grade), Wolf Cub Scouts (second grade), Bear Cub Scouts (third grade) and Webelos Scouts (fourth and fifth grades). then Boy Scouts

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Don't forget Webelos!

Webelos.png
That's what my son ranks up to on the 19th! Proud of him! Took him less than 7 months to advance all the way from the beginning to Webelo because he has busted his ass and he loves the scouts.

It would have been a whole lot less upsetting to everyone if the Girl Scouts had instituted an Eagle Scout program. My understanding is, that is the crux of the matter.

No, the crux of the matter is, the Left no longer wants to identify gender, UNLESS is revolves around preaching to us how women are oppressed in society.

Well, the good thing is that no one's feelings are being hurt.

Or something.

Who knows what the point of this genderless stuff is.

The Left can take their "feelings" and shove it.

I understand that a few billionaires are putting together a new Boys only Scouting program...don't know if it will catch on but this thread shows me it has a chance...when you bend over and grab your ankles you lose respect fast...

Forum List

Back