Boycott goes prime-time in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last truth I addressed was Roudys hate of American children.

I had no problems addressing that truth.

Poor Sherri, can't handle the truth

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

The ironic thing is that when I read "Hatred for American Children", I was reminded of Sherri's post in a thread about the Sandy Hook Massacre: All this sorrow over only 20 children!"

I feel sorrow for all of the children hurt in our world, that was what I said.

Watch "Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aw-JAcrJtQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Press TV. Scraping the bottom of the septic tank.

All they said was true.

They know how to tell the truth, something Zionists don't know how to do.

The Montreal Gazette further reports:

Tim Holt, media director at the University of Cambridge spokesman, said Hawking’s decision was based strictly on health concerns.

“For health reasons, his doctors said he should not be flying at the moment so he’s decided not to attend,” said Holt. “He is 71 years old. He’s fine, but he has to be sensible about what he can do.”

A University of Cambridge statement released earlier Wednesday cited “personal reasons” for his decision. Hawking suffers from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.

Watch "Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aw-JAcrJtQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Press TV. Scraping the bottom of the septic tank.

All they said was true.

They know how to tell the truth, something Zionists don't know how to do.

Stephen-Hawking-009.jpg

The boycott movement claimed a major victory earlier this year when Stephen Hawking pulled out of a conference in Israel. Photograph: Felix Clay for the Guardian

Major US academic body backs boycott of Israeli educational institutions | World news | The Guardian

Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel

Physicist pulls out of conference hosted by president Shimon Peres in protest at treatment of Palestinians

Stephen-Hawking-008.jpg

A statement published with Stephen Hawking's approval said his withdrawal was based on advice from academic contacts in Palestine. Photograph: Facundo Arrizabalaga/EPA

Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel | World news | The Guardian

The ironic thing is that when I read "Hatred for American Children", I was reminded of Sherri's post in a thread about the Sandy Hook Massacre: All this sorrow over only 20 children!"

I feel sorrow for all of the children hurt in our world, that was what I said.

Well you chose an odd way to say that

Post 334

Please show me the post where you addressed Roudy's hate for American Children, because I can't find it

THIS, ladies and gentleman, is Sherri's idea of someone exposing their hatred for American Children (post #334):

I was reading another article that stated the ASA does not get contributions from NY schools.or very little.

So the bill does nothing much substantive at all.

Except it hurts students, who may not be able to participate in ASA events or afford to pay for their own travel to such educational events.

Certainly glad my kids do not go to school in NY, they won't be hurt by this potential. Zionist legislation.

This might discourage students from attending schools in NY even, if their opportunities at NY schools are less.

AND there is the problem that we are only speaking of a bill here, no legislation has been signed into law.

WOw, you are pathetic supporting legislation that hurts kids

:wtf:

Shame on Aris for lying about Stephen Hawkings, lying to try to minimize Stephen Hawkings joining of academic boycott against Israel.

And so what?

And my question addresses the bill in New York.

Your claims BDS is failing is BS.

The Writing is indeed on the wall. BDS is going down in flames. Soon it will be a pharaiah outlawed organization! This is the beginning of the end for the BDS - Bowel Discharge Syndrome..... Allahuakbar!

Now repeat after me: God Bless The USA!

New York Senate passes bill punishing ASA over Israel boycott
Alex Kane on January 28, 2014 5

Legislation that targets the American Studies Association over its decision to boycott Israel passed its first test today: a vote in the New York Senate. The bill, introduced by Democratic Senator Jeff Klein, the co-leader of the body, passed by a vote of 56-4.

The measure prohibits colleges and universities from spending taxpayer funds on academic groups that support boycotting Israel. While the measure applies to any academic organization that boycotts countries where the New York Board of Regents has chartered a school, the focus is on Israel. A companion bill is currently being considered in the Assembly. If it passes there–48 lawmakers are co-sponsors of it–it will be up to Governor Andrew Cuomo to either sign the bill or veto it.

“This legislation sends a very simple message, which is that we should never ask taxpayers to support religious, ethnic, or racial discrimination. We need to marginalize the politics of intolerance whenever it rears its ugly head,” Senator Klein, who represents the Bronx and Westchester, said in a statement. ”I will not allow the enemies of Israel or the Jewish people to gain an inch in New York. The First Amendment protects every organization’s right to speak, but it never requires taxpayers to foot the bill.”

The bill’s principal impact will fall on students or scholars from state schools who receive money from their institutions to travel to the ASA convention–or to conventions held by the Native American and Indigenous Studies Association and the Association for Asian American Studies, both of which have voted to boycott Israel. The legislation also prohibits state schools from paying membership fees to the ASA. In practice, this will affect individual departments at state institutions, since departments pay membership fees, not schools themselves.

Institutions violating the legislation would be cut off from state aid during the academic year the violation occurred. The legislation also has language that exempts certain kinds of boycotts: boycotts related to labor disputes, countries that are “state sponsors” of terrorism, and boycotts that target “unlawful discriminatory practices”.
The NY Bill basically outlaws BDS as an organization any school can associate with. And other states will soon follow that lead.

Meanwhile back in the padded room at the asylum, Jihad Sherri:
"BDS is a smashing success"

Ha ha ha ha ha! Unreal.

I was reading another article that stated the ASA does not get contributions from NY schools.or very little.

Except it hurts students, who may not be able to participate in ASA events or afford to pay for their own travel to such educational events.

Certainly glad my kids do not go to school in NY, they won't be hurt by this potential. Zionist legislation.

This might discourage students from attending schools in NY even, if their opportunities at NY schools are less.

AND there is the problem that we are only speaking of a bill here, no legislation has been signed into law.

WOw, you are pathetic supporting legislation that hurts kids.
It's not only NY Schools dipshit. It's all the elite schools across the country. I doubt the ignorant witch knows where these schools are even located. Sometimes it's better to shut up rather than continue embarrassing yourself even more. Did anybody tell you that, moron?

Four universities have already terminated their institutional memberships in the ASA. Penn State Harrisburg was the first to cut its formal ties, followed by Brandeis University, Indiana University at Bloomington, and Kenyon College. These four institutions should be honored for their leadership.

In short order, over sixty universities have issued strong statements rejecting the ASA’s actions. Professor William A. Jacobson compiled this list of institutions that have denounced the ASA boycott:

American University (D.C.)
Birmingham Southern College
Boston University
Bowdon College
Brandeis University
Brooklyn College, CUNY
Brown University
Case Western Reserve University
Cornell University
Dickinson College
Duke University
Florida International University
Fordham University
George Washington University
Hamilton College
Harvard University
Haverford College
Indiana University
Johns Hopkins University
Kenyon College
Lehigh University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Michigan State
Middlebury College
New York University
Northwestern University
Ohio State
Princeton University
Purdue University
Rhode Island College
Rutgers University
Smith College
Stanford University
The City University of New York
Trinity College (CT)
Tufts University
Tulane University
University of Alabama System
University of California System
University of California-Berkeley
University of California-Irvine
University of California-San Diego
University of Chicago
University of Cincinnati
University of Connecticut
University of Delaware
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Kansas
University of Maryland
University of Maryland – Baltimore County
University of Miami
University of Michigan
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
University of Southern California
University of Texas-Austin
Washington University in St. Louis
Wesleyan University
Willamette University
Yale University
Yeshiva University

Brown Rejects Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions | BU Today | Boston University

Brown Rejects Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions | BU Today | Boston University

President Robert A. Brown has rejected a scholarly group’s boycott of Israeli academic institutions, saying that he is “disappointed and concerned” that the American Studies Association (ASA) would support the move.

“Research, teaching, and scholarship flourish through robust exchange of ideas, across borders and among institutions in different parts of the world,” Brown writes. “Universities and their faculties can often transcend even profound political differences. It is ill-advised to make academic institutions the instrument with which to promote a political agenda by attempting to isolate students and scholars.

“Boston University cannot support this boycott,” the president concludes.

YaleNews | Statement from Yale President Peter Salovey on Israeli boycott

Statement from Yale President Peter Salovey on Israeli boycott

December 20, 2013
Yale University President Peter Salovey issued the following statement on Dec. 20, 2013:

Any attempt to close off discussion or dialogue among scholars is antithetical to the fundamental values of scholarship and academic freedom. I stand with the Executive Committee of the Association of American Universities in my strong opposition to a boycott of Israeli academic institutions. At the same time, I acknowledge that individual faculty members have the right to their own opinions and beliefs, even if I disagree with those beliefs.

Would you like some cheese with your whine? Ha ha ha.

The proposed bill does not outlaw BDS.

I was reading another article that stated the ASA does not get contributions from NY schools.

So the bill does nothing substantive at all.

And so what?

And my question addresses the bill in New York.

Your claims BDS is failing is BS.

The Writing is indeed on the wall. BDS is going down in flames. Soon it will be a pharaiah outlawed organization! This is the beginning of the end for the BDS - Bowel Discharge Syndrome..... Allahuakbar!

Now repeat after me: God Bless The USA!

New York Senate passes bill punishing ASA over Israel boycott
Alex Kane on January 28, 2014 5

Legislation that targets the American Studies Association over its decision to boycott Israel passed its first test today: a vote in the New York Senate. The bill, introduced by Democratic Senator Jeff Klein, the co-leader of the body, passed by a vote of 56-4.

The measure prohibits colleges and universities from spending taxpayer funds on academic groups that support boycotting Israel. While the measure applies to any academic organization that boycotts countries where the New York Board of Regents has chartered a school, the focus is on Israel. A companion bill is currently being considered in the Assembly. If it passes there–48 lawmakers are co-sponsors of it–it will be up to Governor Andrew Cuomo to either sign the bill or veto it.

“This legislation sends a very simple message, which is that we should never ask taxpayers to support religious, ethnic, or racial discrimination. We need to marginalize the politics of intolerance whenever it rears its ugly head,” Senator Klein, who represents the Bronx and Westchester, said in a statement. ”I will not allow the enemies of Israel or the Jewish people to gain an inch in New York. The First Amendment protects every organization’s right to speak, but it never requires taxpayers to foot the bill.”

The bill’s principal impact will fall on students or scholars from state schools who receive money from their institutions to travel to the ASA convention–or to conventions held by the Native American and Indigenous Studies Association and the Association for Asian American Studies, both of which have voted to boycott Israel. The legislation also prohibits state schools from paying membership fees to the ASA. In practice, this will affect individual departments at state institutions, since departments pay membership fees, not schools themselves.

Institutions violating the legislation would be cut off from state aid during the academic year the violation occurred. The legislation also has language that exempts certain kinds of boycotts: boycotts related to labor disputes, countries that are “state sponsors” of terrorism, and boycotts that target “unlawful discriminatory practices”.
The NY Bill basically outlaws BDS as an organization any school can associate with. And other states will soon follow that lead.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Unreal.

The ASA. Is an academic organization, perfectly free to boycott educational organizations in Israel who support the Occupation and it's unlawful practices that violate international law .

Boycotts are not illegal.

I was reading another article that stated the ASA does not get contributions from NY schools.

My hate of America's Children? Ha ha ha. Poor, desperate Jihad Sherri, is now resorting to these hallucinations.

Yes, I despise American children. How did you know?

It's not only NY Schools dipshit. It's all the elite schools across the country. I doubt the ignorant witch knows where these schools are even located. Sometimes it's better to shut up rather than continue embarrassing yourself even more. Did anybody tell you that, moron?

Four universities have already terminated their institutional memberships in the ASA. Penn State Harrisburg was the first to cut its formal ties, followed by Brandeis University, Indiana University at Bloomington, and Kenyon College. These four institutions should be honored for their leadership.

In short order, over sixty universities have issued strong statements rejecting the ASA’s actions. Professor William A. Jacobson compiled this list of institutions that have denounced the ASA boycott:

Boston University
Bowdon College
Brandeis University
Brooklyn College, CUNY
Brown University
Cornell University
Dickinson College
Duke University
Fordham University
Hamilton College
Harvard University
Haverford College
Indiana University
Johns Hopkins University
Kenyon College
Lehigh University
Michigan State
Middlebury College
New York University
Northwestern University
Ohio State
Princeton University
Purdue University
Rhode Island College
Rutgers University
Smith College
Stanford University
Trinity College (CT)
Tufts University
Tulane University
University of Chicago
University of Cincinnati
University of Delaware
University of Kansas
University of Maryland
University of Miami
University of Michigan
University of Pittsburgh
Wesleyan University
Willamette University
Yale University
Yeshiva University

President Robert A. Brown has rejected a scholarly group’s boycott of Israeli academic institutions, saying that he is “disappointed and concerned” that the American Studies Association (ASA) would support the move.

“Research, teaching, and scholarship flourish through robust exchange of ideas, across borders and among institutions in different parts of the world,” Brown writes. “Universities and their faculties can often transcend even profound political differences. It is ill-advised to make academic institutions the instrument with which to promote a political agenda by attempting to isolate students and scholars.

December 20, 2013
Yale University President Peter Salovey issued the following statement on Dec. 20, 2013:

Any attempt to close off discussion or dialogue among scholars is antithetical to the fundamental values of scholarship and academic freedom. I stand with the Executive Committee of the Association of American Universities in my strong opposition to a boycott of Israeli academic institutions. At the same time, I acknowledge that individual faculty members have the right to their own opinions and beliefs, even if I disagree with those beliefs.

Any attempt to close off discussion or dialogue among scholars is antithetical to the fundamental values of scholarship and academic freedom.

BDS does not do that.

He has been misinformed.

The ASA. Is an academic organization, perfectly free to boycott educational organizations in Israel who support the Occupation and it's unlawful practices that violate international law .

Boycotts are not illegal.
They can boycott all they want. Abdul's gas station can boycott. Fatima's Hallal hotdogs can boycott. Jihad Sherri's designer suicide vests can also boycott. Ha ha ha.

But no reputable American university or university getting public funding is going to get within 25 miles of a BDS organization.

There's your smashing success and achievement. LOL

Boston University
Bowdon College
Brandeis University
Brooklyn College, CUNY
Brown University
Cornell University
Dickinson College
Duke University
Fordham University
Hamilton College
Harvard University
Haverford College
Indiana University
Johns Hopkins University
Kenyon College
Lehigh University
Michigan State
Middlebury College
New York University
Northwestern University
Ohio State
Princeton University
Purdue University
Rhode Island College
Rutgers University
Smith College
Stanford University
Trinity College (CT)
Tufts University
Tulane University
University of Chicago
University of Cincinnati
University of Delaware
University of Kansas
University of Maryland
University of Miami
University of Michigan
University of Pittsburgh
Wesleyan University
Willamette University
Yale University
Yeshiva University

December 20, 2013

Any attempt to close off discussion or dialogue among scholars is antithetical to the fundamental values of scholarship and academic freedom.

BDS does not do that.

He has been misinformed.
Surely our Tinhead is more informed that all these elite colleges and universities. Write them a letter and protest Tinhead, maybe they'll change their minds? Ya neva know...hope springs eternal!

Last edited:
The proposed bill does not outlaw BDS.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Unreal.
It cuts public funding to any university or organization associated with BDS. Which in effect means blacklist, outlaw, whateva you wanna call it, knucklehead.

What I like about this discussion is it started out with how great the Bowel Discharge Syndrome is doing to how it's being flushed down an all American toilet. Ha ha ha.

Boston University
Bowdon College
Brandeis University
Brooklyn College, CUNY
Brown University
Cornell University
Dickinson College
Duke University
Fordham University
Hamilton College
Harvard University
Haverford College
Indiana University
Johns Hopkins University
Kenyon College
Lehigh University
Michigan State
Middlebury College
New York University
Northwestern University
Ohio State
Princeton University
Purdue University
Rhode Island College
Rutgers University
Smith College
Stanford University
Trinity College (CT)
Tufts University
Tulane University
University of Chicago
University of Cincinnati
University of Delaware
University of Kansas
University of Maryland
University of Miami
University of Michigan
University of Pittsburgh
Wesleyan University
Willamette University
Yale University
Yeshiva University

December 20, 2013

BDS does not do that.

He has been misinformed.
Surely all Tinhead is more informed that all these elite colleges and universities. Write them a letter and protest Tinhead, maybe they'll change their minds? Ya neva know...hope springs eternal!

I will bet anything that all of those schools were contacted by Israel's lobby and fed a load of crap.

BDS will continue its educational campaign. Who knows what will happen when the truth gets out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back