Boycott Israel

See no answer to the points raised so you imply that I have a mental illness. Typical islamonazi/neo marxist trick to deflect and duck the issue...You try cutting of Israel and see what your elected government say/do to you...............
Anyone who resurrects this useless old thread is prima facie a-priori self-evident mentally ill.
I get treated for mental illness so unless the USMB Gestapo closes it, I will keep this thread alive until the last BDS freak is planted.

The academic boycott of Israel is 100% justified.

European countries representing the European Platform for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (EPACBI) who visited seven Palestinian universities and academies in April 2015. The delegation is grateful to the many faculty members and administrators of those institutions who made the visit possible.Summary of FindingsThe delegation was unable to visit all of Palestine’s institutions of higher education, and in particular it was prevented from visiting Gaza’s universities by the Israeli blockade. However, it found a consistent pattern across all the universities that it visited, and by their systemic nature it is reasonable to assume that this pattern applies to all of them.This pattern was of a coherent and multi-faceted policy of Israeli interference with the normal functioning of academic life. This interference inhibits free movement of staff and students ; reduces academic effectiveness and productivity by the usurpation of staff time through mobility restrictions and imposed bureaucratic obstacles ; prevents effective collaboration and sharing of intellectual resources between Palestinian universities ; obstructs international visits to Palestinian universities ; substantially prevents the employment of teaching staff from abroad ; interrupts the supply of equipment, materials and books ; and subjects staff and students to repeated humiliations and indignity.

Obstacles to travel into and out of the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT)For universities to function effectively, faculty must be free to travel abroad to attend conferences, undertake research, upgrade their qualifications and maintain contacts with scholars abroad. To ensure the circulation of knowledge, they must also be able to receive visits from foreign academics and scholars and enable their students to participate in exchanges. Palestinian universities report that Israel systematically obstructs all such activities.

Palestinian Universities under Occupation

Extremists will always attract other extemists, and they will in turn attract morons who will believe what they saw blindly.

The travel restrictions are valid under international law, attacking unarmed Jews is not
Sour grapes because BDS is a multi million dollar thorn in Israel's side.

I say cut Israel off and let them whine.
We know who is trying to cut them off and maybe there will be some much needed changes in the UN.

Introduction
Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that claim to promote human rights agendas often receive significant portions of their budgets from governments. While these NGOs claim to work towards humanitarian ends, many, especially those involved in conflict zones such as the Arab-Israeli conflict, engage in highly politicized and biased campaigns. These NGOs are active in delegitimization against Israel, and, using the language of “human rights” and “international law,” work to isolate Israel and undermine its right to exist, through strategies such as BDS (boycotts, divestment, and sanctions).

What is an NGO?
NGOs are non-governmental organizations. They are civil society associations that ostensibly work independently from governments to provide and advance services in social and political fields. NGOs and ubiquitous: for example, in Israel alone there are about 40,000 NGOs that are active in numerous aspects of life, and their activities include providing services, lobbying the government, legal action, and advocating various causes. Although NGOs prefer to be seen as grassroots groups, representing underprivileged and underserved populations and “speaking truth to power,” many NGOs have large budgets and are very powerful political actors themselves. They are highly influential, affecting change in government policy through lobbying and expensive media campaigns. For instance, groups such as Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have massive budgets and close links to Western governments, and wield influence in international frameworks such as the United Nations. In addition, many NGOs receive significant funding from governments, belying claims of independence and “non-governmental” status. In fact, NGOs are non-democratic and unaccountable. NGO officials are not elected and tend to represent a narrow sliver of like-minded ideologues. NGO Monitor’s research touches on a small subset of NGOs in Israel and around the world, those that make human rights claims in the context of conflict zones. Most of our work focuses on the Arab-Israeli conflict.

General

See no answer to the points raised so you imply that I have a mental illness. Typical islamonazi/neo marxist trick to deflect and duck the issue...You try cutting of Israel and see what your elected government say/do to you...............
Anyone who resurrects this useless old thread is prima facie a-priori self-evident mentally ill.
I get treated for mental illness so unless the USMB Gestapo closes it, I will keep this thread alive until the last BDS freak is planted.

I say lets boycott all the goods coming from Israel and going into palestine. Let see the palestinians set the ball rolling and closing the gates into palestine to all goods coming from Israel. Show the world how to committ mass suicide by refusing all food, water, electicity, gas and fuel. Let the palestinians show the way forward

three farts in a row from the paid shills of israel.:9::banana2:

I am sure that many here wonder what mental institution 9/11 inside job is typing from because this psycho will never let on where he is being institutionalized.

Well into his twenties he still rides only the special bus:

mr.crev.jpg

NLRB Confirms Legality of Union Support for Israel Boycott; Union Condemns Political Attacks on BDS

The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has reaffirmed its dismissal an unfair labor practice charge brought by an Israeli law firm against a U.S. union, the United Electrical Workers, over its support of protests against Israeli policies including the union’s endorsement of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement (BDS) movement.

On October 23, the Israeli law firm Shurat Hadin filed a charge with the NLRB alleging that UE’s resolution violated the prohibition in U.S. labor law against “secondary boycotts.” The union disputed the charge, arguing that Shurat Hadin’s action was an attempt to interfere with the First Amendment rights of the union and its members to express opinions on political and international issues, and also that the Israeli firm’s allegation were factually untrue. On January 12, Region 6 of the NLRB dismissed the charge. Shurat HaDin then appealed to the Office of the General Counsel of the NLRB, and on May 26 that office denied the appeal.

NLRB Confirms Legality of Union Support for Israel Boycott; Union Condemns Political Attacks on BDS

The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has reaffirmed its dismissal an unfair labor practice charge brought by an Israeli law firm against a U.S. union, the United Electrical Workers, over its support of protests against Israeli policies including the union’s endorsement of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement (BDS) movement.

On October 23, the Israeli law firm Shurat Hadin filed a charge with the NLRB alleging that UE’s resolution violated the prohibition in U.S. labor law against “secondary boycotts.” The union disputed the charge, arguing that Shurat Hadin’s action was an attempt to interfere with the First Amendment rights of the union and its members to express opinions on political and international issues, and also that the Israeli firm’s allegation were factually untrue. On January 12, Region 6 of the NLRB dismissed the charge. Shurat HaDin then appealed to the Office of the General Counsel of the NLRB, and on May 26 that office denied the appeal.

Then when firms start to boycot any company that uses UE members they cant complain can they, and I bet there are already a few doing so. Then the lay offs begin when the word is passed down and the UE members are the first to go, as the NLRB say this is allowed under the US constitution. I am glad our union laws prohibit such things from happening

A new milestone: BDS at the Olympics A new milestone: BDS at the Olympics

"“I have no problem with Jewish people or any other religion or different beliefs. But for personal reasons, you can’t ask me to shake the hand of anyone from this state, especially in front of the whole world.” These words, spoken by an individual who has just engaged in a gesture of support for the Palestinian people, are a standard response to the accusation of anti-Semitism which is routinely hurled at pro-justice activists.

The necessary distinction made between the “Jewish people” and the Israeli state is one Israel itself seeks to erase, as it strives to deflect all criticism of its policies, blaming it on anti-Jewish hatred instead. As such, these words do not in themselves establish new grounds, but a new approach to solidarity. Yet as Egyptian judoka Islam El-Shehaby uttered them last week in Brazil, they signified a new milestone: the sports boycott had arrived at the 2016 Olympic Games."

"“I have no problem with Jewish people or any other religion or different beliefs. But for personal reasons, you can’t ask me to shake the hand of anyone from this state, especially in front of the whole world.” These words, spoken by an individual who has just engaged in a gesture of support for the Palestinian people, are a standard response to the accusation of anti-Semitism which is routinely hurled at pro-justice activists.

The necessary distinction made between the “Jewish people” and the Israeli state is one Israel itself seeks to erase, as it strives to deflect all criticism of its policies, blaming it on anti-Jewish hatred instead. As such, these words do not in themselves establish new grounds, but a new approach to solidarity. Yet as Egyptian judoka Islam El-Shehaby uttered them last week in Brazil, they signified a new milestone: the sports boycott had arrived at the 2016 Olympic Games."

Well, you need to keep in mind that the sore loser Egyptian was just another sorry excuse for an athlete. He needed to make a statement of his Islam'esness rather than be dismissed by a loss to The Zionists ™ and have to go home and face the more excitable of the islamo-retrogrades.

Egyptian judo Olympian causes outrage after refusing to shake hands with Israeli rival

Egyptian judo fighter Islam El Shehaby was loudly booed at the Riode Janeiro Olympics after his first-round loss to Israel's fifth-ranked Or Sasson, when El Shehaby refused to shake Sasson's hand, in a major breach of judo etiquette.

Sasson defeated El Shehaby with two throws for an automatic victory, with about a minute and a half remaining in the bout. Afterwards, El Shehaby lay flat on his back for a moment before standing to take his place before Sasson, in front of the referee.

FOR WHICH THE WHOLE TEAM SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFIED AND SENT HOME IN DISGRACE FOR BRINGING THE OLYMPICS INTO DISREPUTE.

This was not BDS it was just islamonazi propaganda, like your post bringing it to the board.

I wonder what your actions would have been if the Israeli team refused to shake hands with any muslim ? And cited the same reasons

Nada Elia - Israeli Apartheid Week 2010, Toronto

HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH YOUR LIES AND LIBELS THAT YOU REFUSE TO SUBSTANTIATE. IS ALL YOU HAVE ISLAMONAZI LIES AND PROPAGANDA BASED ON ALTERED LEGAL DOCUMENTS. SHOW ONE EXAMPLE OF APARTHEID IN ISRAEL THAT IS NOT PRACTISED IN THE USA

... when El Shehaby refused to shake Sasson's hand, in a major breach of judo etiquette.

As a martial artist, I am appalled by this lack of honour and respect for one's opponent. That's the kind of behaviour that would see one stripped of their black belt in my school.

It is also a breach of Olympic etiquette. The whole point of the Olympics is to set aside politics for a few days and compete in the spirit of peace and friendliness. If an individual athlete, or a team (I'm talking to you Lebanon) is not able to do this, then they have no business competing and should be disqualified.

That said, is anyone aware of any other countries whose athletes were disrespected? Or was it only Israel? Because, as far as my knowledge goes, it was only Israel, and that alone is enough to suspect antisemitism. Of all the conflicts going on in the world today, why is only Israel singled out for this kind of treatment?

Or perhaps, better to ask, why is it only Muslim-majority countries who exhibit this kind of behaviour towards their fellow athletes?

... when El Shehaby refused to shake Sasson's hand, in a major breach of judo etiquette.

As a martial artist, I am appalled by this lack of honour and respect for one's opponent. That's the kind of behaviour that would see one stripped of their black belt in my school.

It is also a breach of Olympic etiquette. The whole point of the Olympics is to set aside politics for a few days and compete in the spirit of peace and friendliness. If an individual athlete, or a team (I'm talking to you Lebanon) is not able to do this, then they have no business competing and should be disqualified.

That said, is anyone aware of any other countries whose athletes were disrespected? Or was it only Israel? Because, as far as my knowledge goes, it was only Israel, and that alone is enough to suspect antisemitism. Of all the conflicts going on in the world today, why is only Israel singled out for this kind of treatment?

Or perhaps, better to ask, why is it only Muslim-majority countries who exhibit this kind of behaviour towards their fellow athletes?

Absolutely - that kind of behavior has NO place in the OIympics - I'm glad they were shamed and sent home. I think they should have been disqualified. This has been the weirdest Olympics for misbehavior and bad sportsmanship.

There was a little bit of a disagreement between the USA and Russian competitors, but not as open or as blatant as this. The whole team should have been sent back home and told they were no longer members of any international sporting authority

Shusha, et al,

There is no time that we can forecast in the immediate when the effects of generationally passed-on racism will be a thing of the past. certainly, not in my lifetime; not in the lifetime of my children.

I can remember when the UN voted on the Elimination of all Racism [General Assembly Resolution 3379(XXX)](1975). I was back from Vietnam and in college. There were a group of us vets sitting behind the Common having a beer and chuckling about the outcome 72 FOR to 35 AGAINST (with 32 abstentions).

What happens when institutionalized antisemitism is brought into sports?
(COMMENT)

I think that Egypt has made some remarkable improvements in the last 2 decades. I'm not so sure that we should make much of this one particular incident with the Olympics: Was Egyptian Judoka punished for refusing to shake Israeli's hand? Eventually things will change. I got the impression from the video that the Iranian "athlete" wanted to hit the mate like a true Olympian; but the coach intervened (maybe even an IRGC Political Officer).

While both events still indicate there is a problem, I think the is hope for one in the near future, while the Tehran Mafia (Office of the Supreme Leader and Grand Ayatollah) is not interested in the Religion of Peace.

Most Respectfully,
R

BDS is a war Israel can't win

The endless failed international "peace" efforts, the vicissitudes of negotiations, and periodic spasms of violence have become like the weather - always there.

This is precisely why the BDS movement has come to figure so prominently in Palestinian hopes - it side-steps the moribund "peace process" and banks on people-power as leverage against state and institutional power, applied against a responsive economy, such as Israel's.

In the view of Palestinians, the state of Israel has never possessed legitimacy, not by international standards, as it was founded on expulsion, land-theft and military occupation. The BDS movement approaches this abstract issue by offering practicable action for citizens in the West, while the official international community dithers away the decades, leaving Palestinians worse off than ever before.

BDS is a war Israel can't win

Forum List

Back