Boycott Staples

That's a circle jerk argument.

No more so than your Chicken Little ("the sky is falling,") save the USPS arguments.

You're argument has been addressed multiple times. Is the USPS reliant on tax dollars beyond the election mail? No. That wasn't even a good try. This is you running a circle jerk.

Seven consecutive years of significant USPS losses mean they will either turn off their lights, raise their prices substantially, or require a gov't bailout to continue operating in the delivery biz (and it is a biz). What's your preference?

Yeah how about no. They perform an essential function and I dont want any essential functions in the hands of people whos first goal is to make a profit FIRST.

This idea that private companies are all to the good and fraud doesnt exist there is dumb as hell but you know what will happen if they lose money. No more deliveries of mail. Oh no problem, how can that be a problem?

Evidently you fail to comprehend. I said I'll concede that there is a place for the USPS if you will concede that its purpose is not to provide middle class employment for clerks or a monopoly for 1st class mail.

Wrong answer. We aren't destroying good jobs so that these other clowns at the top of the other alleged competitors can pay their workers 8 and change.

Right!

Then if we let the companies take over the righties will then point their finger at the new low wage working class they just created by destroying the USPS and blame them for having low wage jobs.

They have no problem propping up every person employed by Walmart because in their mind. Walmart is good all the time. It doesnt matter if they are using a shit ton of welfare (which they hate btw) Walmart is good first and whatever they do is good...even if its pushing people onto the thing they hate.

Can the USPS be sold and operated as a for-profit corp? Obviously $25/hr clerks would be 1st to go.
Can it continue to operate in an ocean of red ink? Not without a significant price increase and/or a huge gov't bailout to protect the jobs of those overpaid clerks at the expense of everyone else.

Not to the extent that it is implied.

In this day and age, do we really need a government run postal service?

The USPS has lost over 25 billion dollars since 2006. What private company would still be in business with that kind of record?

its not a private business. Govt is not a private business. Theres a ton of things USPS is not but that doesnt mean anything either

If it is run like a private business, and the government doesn't fund them, then what difference does it make?

Evidently you fail to comprehend. I said I'll concede that there is a place for the USPS if you will concede that its purpose is not to provide middle class employment for clerks or a monopoly for 1st class mail.

Wrong answer. We aren't destroying good jobs so that these other clowns at the top of the other alleged competitors can pay their workers 8 and change.

Evidently you believe our gov't exists to provide middle class wages to clerks.
We will just have to agree to disagree.
Evidently you believe in destruction of the middle class via privatization and crappy expensive service.

It's both necessary and proper. :eusa_whistle:

Can the USPS be sold and operated as a for-profit corp? Obviously $25/hr clerks would be 1st to go.
Can it continue to operate in an ocean of red ink? Not without a significant price increase and/or a huge gov't bailout to protect the jobs of those overpaid clerks at the expense of everyone else.

It's the legislation.

Evidently you believe our gov't exists to provide middle class wages to clerks.
We will just have to agree to disagree.
Evidently you believe in destruction of the middle class via privatization and crappy expensive service.

It's both necessary and proper. :eusa_whistle:

again; the Middle Class had it better when Republicans were in charge

true story

It's the legislation.

it's PROGRESSIVE FAILURE

Neither workers nor our unions caused this crisis.

In 2006, Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act. This law requires the Postal Service to do something that no other business or government agency has to do–pre-fund its FUTURE retiree health care benefits. This is a 75 year liability that has to be paid in 10 years. The Postal Service makes a payment of approximately $5.5 billion on September 30 at the end of every fiscal year to meet this obligation. The Post Office has been paying these benefits the past seven years into a trust fund for employees who have not even been born yet. This is the burden that is creating the “financial crisis” for the Post Office. The recession that has gripped America the past few years has undoubtedly affected the Postal Service, but even in the worst economic times since the great depression, the USPS has had a net profit of $611 million dollars. Unfortunately, the red ink associated with the post office is the mandated pre-funding since 2006.

what does any of that have to do with what i just said?.....if the US Govt OWNS the PO....do they not have the responsibility to maintain it and run it hopefully responsibly?...if they dont.....who the hell is responsible for its operation then?...if you own a business who is responsible for the well being of that business,you or some guy down the street?...

You keep saying the government owns the PO. Where the does the government get its money to own anything from?

It's a simple question.

Right!

Then if we let the companies take over the righties will then point their finger at the new low wage working class they just created by destroying the USPS and blame them for having low wage jobs.

They have no problem propping up every person employed by Walmart because in their mind. Walmart is good all the time. It doesnt matter if they are using a shit ton of welfare (which they hate btw) Walmart is good first and whatever they do is good...even if its pushing people onto the thing they hate.

The reality is that they destroyed (with Democrats) the private sector and are now attempting to destroy everything else.

They have done nothing but lie their asses off here.

In this day and age, do we really need a government run postal service?

The USPS has lost over 25 billion dollars since 2006. What private company would still be in business with that kind of record?

its not a private business. Govt is not a private business. Theres a ton of things USPS is not but that doesnt mean anything either

If it is run like a private business, and the government doesn't fund them, then what difference does it make?

If what is what? Are you talking about UPS or USPS?

Please stop the silly BS. According to the USPS (bold added):
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Postal Service ended the 2013 fiscal year (Oct. 1, 2012 – Sept. 30, 2013) with a net loss of $5 billion. This marks the 7th consecutive year in which the Postal Service incurred a net loss, highlighting the need to continue to capitalize on growth opportunities, reduce costs, and enact comprehensive legislation to provide a long-term solution to the agency’s financial challenges.

http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2013/pr13_087.pdf

Do you understand that the mail is Federally protected after it hits the Post Office? Not through anyone else?

Do you understand that only the Post Office, due to the legislation that was provided for you, is the only organization required to pay 75 years in advance for retirement/benefits-by 2016?

Do you understand that $50billion was overpaid to CSRS and should be returned?

Do you understand that $6.9 billion was paid (overfunded) to FERS and should be returned and you will see the profit?
So? Let it fail and other businesses will pick up the business and hire many of those employees laid off at a hire rate. It'd sure be nice if lefties knew how business worked.

I went to Staples Saturday and bought a ream of printer paper; some printer toner; and some speakers for my work computer. They always have what I want and at a reasonable price. I likes it and I likes it a lot.

Privatization destroys those middle class jobs. Do you not understand this? Are you being intentionally obtuse? Or do you just support privatization? Shoot straight.
What the hell are you talking about? I think you sir are jealous that the unions aren't getting more money. Ahhhh, see how that is?

No, you are taking good paying jobs, that represent the middle class, and shifting them to eight and change dollar an hour jobs.
What's the difference? I just said that, taking union jobs to private jobs. Dah!!!!!

Neither workers nor our unions caused this crisis.

In 2006, Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act. This law requires the Postal Service to do something that no other business or government agency has to do–pre-fund its FUTURE retiree health care benefits. This is a 75 year liability that has to be paid in 10 years. The Postal Service makes a payment of approximately $5.5 billion on September 30 at the end of every fiscal year to meet this obligation. The Post Office has been paying these benefits the past seven years into a trust fund for employees who have not even been born yet. This is the burden that is creating the “financial crisis” for the Post Office. The recession that has gripped America the past few years has undoubtedly affected the Postal Service, but even in the worst economic times since the great depression, the USPS has had a net profit of $611 million dollars. Unfortunately, the red ink associated with the post office is the mandated pre-funding since 2006.

They know this. Lonestar, JC and Sayit know this. This is a game for them.

No more so than your Chicken Little ("the sky is falling,") save the USPS arguments.

You're argument has been addressed multiple times. Is the USPS reliant on tax dollars beyond the election mail? No. That wasn't even a good try. This is you running a circle jerk.

Yes it does rely on taxpayer money to some degree.

Forum List

Back