Boycott Staples

If you think UPS is going to move your letters to every household for .50 cents you are fooling yourself and guess what? UPS will have problems, delays and fraud just like every other ANYTHING that ever existed in the world

Who cares?

Please stop the silly BS. According to the USPS (bold added):
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Postal Service ended the 2013 fiscal year (Oct. 1, 2012 – Sept. 30, 2013) with a net loss of $5 billion. This marks the 7th consecutive year in which the Postal Service incurred a net loss, highlighting the need to continue to capitalize on growth opportunities, reduce costs, and enact comprehensive legislation to provide a long-term solution to the agency’s financial challenges.

http://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2013/pr13_087.pdf

Do you understand that the mail is Federally protected after it hits the Post Office? Not through anyone else?

Do you understand that only the Post Office, due to the legislation that was provided for you, is the only organization required to pay 75 years in advance for retirement/benefits-by 2016?

Do you understand that $50billion was overpaid to CSRS and should be returned?

Do you understand that $6.9 billion was paid (overfunded) to FERS and should be returned and you will see the profit?
So? Let it fail and other businesses will pick up the business and hire many of those employees laid off at a hire rate. It'd sure be nice if lefties knew how business worked.

By intentionally destroying your competition through devious methods because you can't compete on your own? And screwing American workers?

Nice job there. Well done.

If you think UPS is going to move your letters to every household for .50 cents you are fooling yourself and guess what? UPS will have problems, delays and fraud just like every other ANYTHING that ever existed in the world

I'll concede that there is a place for the USPS if you will concede that its purpose is not to provide middle class employment for clerks or a monopoly for 1st class mail. If the P.O is to operate at break even it will have to cut costs and/or raise prices. Thus they won't be able to deliver for 50 cents either.
How about we remove the gov't and allow the market to decide the USPS's place in our world?

Yeah how about no. They perform an essential function and I dont want any essential functions in the hands of people whos first goal is to make a profit FIRST.

This idea that private companies are all to the good and fraud doesnt exist there is dumb as hell but you know what will happen if they lose money. No more deliveries of mail. Oh no problem, how can that be a problem?
Really, so you enjoy perpetual failure? If you have no profit, you go out of business. OMG, I can't believe what I read.

Neither workers nor our unions caused this crisis.

In 2006, Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act. This law requires the Postal Service to do something that no other business or government agency has to do–pre-fund its FUTURE retiree health care benefits. This is a 75 year liability that has to be paid in 10 years. The Postal Service makes a payment of approximately $5.5 billion on September 30 at the end of every fiscal year to meet this obligation. The Post Office has been paying these benefits the past seven years into a trust fund for employees who have not even been born yet. This is the burden that is creating the “financial crisis” for the Post Office. The recession that has gripped America the past few years has undoubtedly affected the Postal Service, but even in the worst economic times since the great depression, the USPS has had a net profit of $611 million dollars. Unfortunately, the red ink associated with the post office is the mandated pre-funding since 2006.

They know this. Lonestar, JC and Sayit know this. This is a game for them.

What does that have to do with the discussion? We all know that the PO cannot pay for itself. Yes it generates money, but it still loses money every year, 5 billion last year alone.

Apparently we are all in agreement that the USPS needs to be out of government control and in private hands.

Neither workers nor our unions caused this crisis.

In 2006, Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act. This law requires the Postal Service to do something that no other business or government agency has to do–pre-fund its FUTURE retiree health care benefits. This is a 75 year liability that has to be paid in 10 years. The Postal Service makes a payment of approximately $5.5 billion on September 30 at the end of every fiscal year to meet this obligation. The Post Office has been paying these benefits the past seven years into a trust fund for employees who have not even been born yet. This is the burden that is creating the “financial crisis” for the Post Office. The recession that has gripped America the past few years has undoubtedly affected the Postal Service, but even in the worst economic times since the great depression, the USPS has had a net profit of $611 million dollars. Unfortunately, the red ink associated with the post office is the mandated pre-funding since 2006.

They know this. Lonestar, JC and Sayit know this. This is a game for them.

What does that have to do with the discussion? We all know that the PO cannot pay for itself. Yes it generates money, but it still loses money every year, 5 billion last year alone.

Apparently we are all in agreement that the USPS needs to be out of government control and in private hands.

No, we are not in agreement. Repeal the legislation.

libs are whining the US Postal Service isnt going broke because it's bloated and mismanaged; it's somebody elses fault; like everything else in the world of failed Progressives
No, the libs are being pressured by the unions. I tell it like it is.

And you support the destruction of the middle class. I tell it like it is.

Dude, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about The middle class is the biggest class of people. Without jobs there is no middle class. Obama and the dems are well on their way. Don't bring in privatization vs public unions as one. public unions destroy the idea of a hard earned dollar. All of the money the middle class has to give up to them. Hah

Your profound ignorance of the facts is astounding. Denial of facts is not a solution.

I'll concede that there is a place for the USPS if you will concede that its purpose is not to provide middle class employment for clerks or a monopoly for 1st class mail. If the P.O is to operate at break even it will have to cut costs and/or raise prices. Thus they won't be able to deliver for 50 cents either.
How about we remove the gov't and allow the market to decide the USPS's place in our world?

Yeah how about no. They perform an essential function and I dont want any essential functions in the hands of people whos first goal is to make a profit FIRST.

This idea that private companies are all to the good and fraud doesnt exist there is dumb as hell but you know what will happen if they lose money. No more deliveries of mail. Oh no problem, how can that be a problem?
Really, so you enjoy perpetual failure? If you have no profit, you go out of business. OMG, I can't believe what I read.

You're argument has been addressed multiple times. Is the USPS reliant on tax dollars beyond the election mail? No. That wasn't even a good try. This is you running a circle jerk.

Yes it does rely on taxpayer money to some degree.

Not to the extent implied. Repeal the legislation.

Rewrite Article 1 section 8 to exclude the establishment of post offices and post roads and get out of the postal industry.

No, the libs are being pressured by the unions. I tell it like it is.

And you support the destruction of the middle class. I tell it like it is.

Dude, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about The middle class is the biggest class of people. Without jobs there is no middle class. Obama and the dems are well on their way. Don't bring in privatization vs public unions as one. public unions destroy the idea of a hard earned dollar. All of the money the middle class has to give up to them. Hah

Bullshit.

That's a circle jerk argument.

No more so than your Chicken Little ("the sky is falling,") save the USPS arguments.

You're argument has been addressed multiple times. Is the USPS reliant on tax dollars beyond the election mail? No. That wasn't even a good try. This is you running a circle jerk.
Well if the company loses 5 billion a year for seven straight years, how are they staying in business? Oh, outsource! Doh!

So the post office is destroying itself by opening more branches?

So if a UPS opens more UPS stores all over the country they are destroying themselves?

You have been provided the legislation. It's called outsourcing.

So?

It's an expansion of the post office not destruction.

The more shit the post office sells the more money it makes and the post office needs all the money it can get because it usually runs in the red.

The post office is running in the black, or would be if our government hadn't put unreasonable restrictions on it, requiring them to have the money to pay their retires for 75 years. Who does that? They killed the post office, I'm not sure why.

Your profound ignorance of the facts is astounding. Denial of facts is not a solution.

Oh please, tell me how a business survives without a profit?

No more so than your Chicken Little ("the sky is falling,") save the USPS arguments.

Well if the company loses 5 billion a year for seven straight years, how are they staying in business? Oh, outsource! Doh!
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/109/hr6407

Repeal the above.

First tell us how any company that is singled out to do what the post office has been forced to do could compete.
US Postal Service workers have a retiree health care benefit in addition to their pension. Before Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006, the USPS operated under a pay-as-you-go model for retiree health care funding. The new law requires the Postal Service to pre-fund its benefit obligations.

H.R. 6407 (109th): Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act
Take a close look!

Oh please, tell me how a business survives without a profit?

Forum List

Back