Boycott Staples

Again. I'm forced into having items shipped to me by those companies. Further, if you are unaware of the complaints then you haven't been paying attention. Insurance claims, customer service, tracking.

Last thing I shipped FedEx, I tracked in real time...I even got a text message when it was delivered no more than 5 minutes after the fact. Last thing I tracked through USPS...according to the tracking, it's in a processing facility in Massachusetts & has been since Friday. It's not...it was delivered today!

talking to my carrier today.... he was showing me their new equipment.....they now apparently are supposed to be tracking in real time now too....so we will see.....i expected this since they are all scratching each others backs now.....

The problem is not the equipment, it's not the software. The problem is no more and no less than the packages are just NOT BEING SCANNED! This is not the first (or even the tenth) time this has happened.

moving towards cluster boxes has been going on long before Issa came along.....the problem was that the type of mail delivery is determined by the builders of the housing track....now they are trying to make it a law that new developments will have cluster boxes....i have always been for this....for various reasons....

Yeah, who cares what the CUSTOMERS want, just jam all the boxes together!

And you STILL don't get why the attitudes of USPS "workers" piss people off...

You ought to feel lucky to have the best postal delivery system in the world....bar none.
Not sure....but still the cheapest. Having to cross the street or down or up the block a couple of addresses to get your mail is of little inconvenience.
Sorry you have a bad carrier, people on my route always showed their appreciation towards me before I retired.

I don't have a carrier...after six months of getting everyone's mail except mine and losing three mailboxes in 2 months to snowplows, I gave up. Note, however, that UPS and FedEx will deliver packages to my door, which the USPS NEVER did!

You ought to feel lucky to have the best postal delivery system in the world....bar none.
Not sure....but still the cheapest. Having to cross the street or down or up the block a couple of addresses to get your mail is of little inconvenience.
Sorry you have a bad carrier, people on my route always showed their appreciation towards me before I retired.

I don't have a carrier...after six months of getting everyone's mail except mine and losing three mailboxes in 2 months to snowplows, I gave up. Note, however, that UPS and FedEx will deliver packages to my door, which the USPS NEVER did!
But, your problems aren't the norm....if packages are too big for the parcel locker, it's delivered to the address. It's cost effective and helps keep the price of postage in check by using the cluster boxes.
Instead of being upset at the po for the boxes going down, you should be pissed at the city/county for the snowplow drivers.

Congressman Darrell Issa really is determined to end the United States Postal Service as Americans know it—indeed, as Americans have known it for more than 200 years.

Issa, the powerful chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, has a long history of attacking the postal service. But, now, he has taken advantage of a manufactured crisis to get his committee to vote twenty-two to seventeen in favor of a “Postal Reform Act of 2013” that American Postal Workers Union president Cliff Guffey warns “will lead to the demise of the Postal Service.”

With Wednesday’s committee vote, the full House is now set to consider a plan that would, among other things, phase out door-to-door mail delivery by 2022. Instead of the traditional and highly popular delivery model that now exists, mail would be left in so-called “neighborhood cluster boxes” that would serve multiple residences.

The Issa plan also sets the stage for the elimination of most weekend mail service.

The changes Issa proposes would, according to the National Association of Letter Carriers, lead to “the elimination of more than 100,000 postal jobs and would dramatically cut service.” And in addition to its assault on the character and quality of postal service, the legislation includes classic austerity schemes, such as a prohibition against postal unions and management from negotiating protections against the closure of post offices, stations and branches, the consolidating of plants, the privatization of operations and layoffs.

The cuts, if implemented, would issue as an open invitation for private-delivery services to cash in by offering to fill the void created by those cuts. There are profits to be made by delivering mail to the front doors of Americans who can pay—and who want regular delivery on Saturdays. So it should come as no surprise that one of the first endorsements for Issa’s proposal came from the “Coalition for a 21st Century Postal Service,” a group that counts FedEx as one of its most enthusiastic boosters.

The corporations that want to carve the USPS up and grab their pieces of America’s communications infrastructure are ready to pounce.

That is what is at stake.

Postal Service moving away from at-your-door delivery - Jul. 23, 2013

moving towards cluster boxes has been going on long before Issa came along.....the problem was that the type of mail delivery is determined by the builders of the housing track....now they are trying to make it a law that new developments will have cluster boxes....i have always been for this....for various reasons....

the workers have nothing to do with the placing of the boxes so why take it out on them.....and most people i have talked to said as long as the boxes are secure they can give a shit,so they drive by on their way in or out and pick it up....plus they have parcel boxes a lot of people who are not home during the day liked that.....up where i delivered in the Anaheim Hills they have their boxes in front of the house on the end of the lawn by the sidewalk.....lots of mail thefts up there,and locked boxes get popped easily....one neighborhood petitioned their association about having a big cluster box put in somewhere on the street.....

They are legally forbidden to do so. Were you ignorant or just trolling?

No, they had ample time to correct the complaints that people had with those companies. They chose not to. Anything else, twit?

"Just trolling" it is...figured as much, pisshead.

You are either uneducated or high as hell. Neither is my problem. Now, you and your little libertopian buddies may think your cool but the reality is that you have each equally failed to make an argument. And, ya, USPS will deliver to your door if there is a package and even if there is something bizarre like unable to fit into your mail box (unless you live in a place with teeny tiny little boxes all clustered together.

No, they had ample time to correct the complaints that people had with those companies. They chose not to. Anything else, twit?

You are either uneducated or high as hell. Neither is my problem. Now, you and your little libertopian buddies may think your cool but the reality is that you have each equally failed to make an argument. And, ya, USPS will deliver to your door if there is a package and even if there is something bizarre like unable to fit into your mail box (unless you live in a place with teeny tiny little boxes all clustered together.

What do I need delivered to my tiny little box that's part of a cluster?
DishNetwork, Pizza Hut, and Steak'n'Shake coupons?

I pay my electric, water & sewer, cable, internet, phone, cell phone, rent and truck payment all online.

What do I need delivered to my tiny little box that's part of a cluster?
DishNetwork, Pizza Hut, and Steak'n'Shake coupons?

I pay my electric, water & sewer, cable, internet, phone, cell phone, rent and truck payment all online.

Yes. I can see how the entire world revolves around you.

Troll, troll, troll your boat...

Smokin' the good shit today, bitch?

Troll, troll, troll your boat...

Smokin' the good shit today, bitch?

That's your scene, not mine. Here is the telling part. You have to lie through your teeth in an attempt to make an argument and even then they are so shoddy that they fall apart. :lol:

Do you always project your own faults on others when stoned?

Ok, so you've got nothing. Again. Get back to me when you have an argument that isn't watching you have a melt down and lying through your teeth.

The POST OFFICE is destroying itself by adhering to an obsolete and cost prohibitive business model.

build one less plane...who gives a shit.
Seriously.....im tired of people like you shitting on people with low wages. Go make 8.50 an hour and see how long you last with your current life style.

also no assistance ( because you hate it)
No healthcare because you cant afford it.
Barely enough gas to get you to that job.
May or may not have a cell phone to call for those jobs....

They is OWED !!!! Lol

those teeny tiny little boxes hold more mail than most peoples home boxes...

I don't understand why the OP wants to boycott Staples.

Because Staples won't pander to a Union group.
In the world of Liberals, that is a sin.

Seeing unions as a problem has the average worker fucking himself in the ass. Look at all the gains in wages we've made since we started attacking unions.

3 decades of stagnant wages and in 3 decades you still dont get it

I don't understand why the OP wants to boycott Staples.

Because Staples won't pander to a Union group.
In the world of Liberals, that is a sin.

Seeing unions as a problem has the average worker fucking himself in the ass. Look at all the gains in wages we've made since we started attacking unions.

3 decades of stagnant wages and in 3 decades you still dont get it

I've been to Staples three days in a row!!!

:lol:

Unions are for losers...

just a question for you Sog.....if you had a choice between 2 companies to work for doing the same job in each one.....one was Union the other not Union.....the Union shop paid 35 an hour with some pretty nice benefits,the other 20 an hour with hardly any benefits which one would you choose?.....the one with the "losers" or the other guys who i guess you would call "winners".....just askin....

Unions are for losers...

just a question for you Sog.....if you had a choice between 2 companies to work for doing the same job in each one.....one was Union the other not Union.....the Union shop paid 35 an hour with some pretty nice benefits,the other 20 an hour with hardly any benefits which one would you choose?.....the one with the "losers" or the other guys who i guess you would call "winners".....just askin....

Fortunately, I prepared myself so as to not have to make such a sad choice....

Just say'n...

Unions are for losers...

How much of the 35 dollars goes to the union dues?
Oh and if you could give an example of a current set of companies in this scenario of fifteen dollars an hour differential.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back