Brazilian Heatwave

Do you think 108F is a normal temperature for Rio. And why shouldn't they mention heat index when it's at such insane levels? How many times have you heard Rio being compared to Death Valley, fool?
Death Valley now has a lake and wildflowers.

Do you think 108F is a normal temperature for Rio. And why shouldn't they mention heat index when it's at such insane levels? How many times have you heard Rio being compared to Death Valley, fool?
108 is not Death Valley.

Totally normal summer day in many places around the world.

You crybabies crack me up. We had 54 days at 110+ this year in Phoenix. More than normal but the temperatures themselves were not that bad.

You perverts ought to be discussing the destruction of Acapulco and whether this was caused by weather manipulation or not .
They did it in Hawaii with DEW .
It is not as tin foil as many of you might automatically assume . imho
But I digress and you could not really care less .

Newsflash - It is hot in Brazil!

Hearing that makes Environmental Wacko pussies like Crick all frightened.

108 is not Death Valley.

Totally normal summer day in many places around the world.

You crybabies crack me up. We had 54 days at 110+ this year in Phoenix. More than normal but the temperatures themselves were not that bad.
Once again, Rio is not Arizona.

Heat index? You mean it feels hotter in sticky season?
heatindexchart-650.jpg

Heat index? You mean it feels hotter in sticky season?
Ever take thermo? Are you familiar with the distinction between conductive and convective heat transfer? Do you understand specific heat capacity?

The equator goes across Brazil. That means it is hot there.
Rio is 10 degrees closer to the equator than Arizona but it has a fucking ocean at her doorstep whose waters just came north from Antarctica. The alarm at the heatwave is not the cry of babies. Your response, however, IS the howling of ignorant fools.

Rio is 10 degrees closer to the equator than Arizona but it has a fucking ocean at her doorstep whose waters just came north from Antarctica. The alarm at the heatwave is not the cry of babies. Your response, however, IS the howling of ignorant fools.
Has the equator moved? When it does let us know.

You are getting worked up over weather. Just wait until the AMOC collapses. Then you really will have something to be worked up over.

Did you know that some meteorologists telling me that it “feels” hotter when a fairly high temperature is mixed with excess humidity doesn’t amount to shit?
Doesn't amount to shit in what CONTEXT? It certainly amounts to something with respect to human suffering. It is always taken into account when deciding whether or not it is safe for people to work outside. And it IS a measure of thermal energy. A cubic foot of air at 50C and 10% RH has much less thermal energy content than the same air at the same temperature at 90% RH. Ask your meteorologists whether or not that's true.

yes, 108F is normal for a one of the densest cities in the world. 20 story apartment buildings, diesel black smoke belching buses, building that are all heat absorbing concrete, very little if any vegetation.

yes, normal, but, at least they got beaches, and coconuts on ice, I loved living in Rio

Forum List

Back