Breaking: 27 Story London Tower Apartment Complex Ablaze As People Dangle On Sheets Outside Windows

Smoking in bed or cooking fire should have someone around. Even big gas explosion should help alert those above in time? This went up very quickly.

The one who started it has a lot to answer for. Cause a big fire and run? Did he try to put it out? Tell anyone? Do anything useful?

I don't know about this? So fast burning upwards? Because of the outside beauty panels? But why up the stairwells so quickly? Can't be wooden stairways?

Because normally the fire extends to the ground but as you can see in Lucy Hamilton photos the fire seemed more concentrated in one place. As for an explosion?

It doesn't have to extend to the ground, unless it starts at the ground level or near the ground level, fire travels upwards not downwards and it depends where it begins.

You can see from the below picture, it appears to have started on the fifth floor, the ground floor and the four floors above are completely untouched, it begins on the fifth floor and travels upwards engulfing the building up to the roof.

TELEMMGLPICT000131902097-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqoXJUJZ2koYGvlQ_O-BqYxjlaTMTxUhlzF8Rkw038U-A.jpeg

You can see from the below picture, it appears to have started on the fifth floor, the ground floor and the four floors above are completely untouched, it begins on the fifth floor and travels

--------------------------------------------------------------
Merci, This is an explanation but questions arise by looking at the progression of the fire at the beginning the fire is concentrated in the same place of great magnitude and spreads quickly in the upward direction avoiding the apartments on the left and the firemen Are at work at the same place where the fire started. The fire should have spread in the corridors to the left is what seems strange to me we see on the photos. But the instructions were to stay Inside in case of fire so it might be the reason why the fire did not go to the left right away.
P.S: the reply don't work very well.

Well the corridors on the left that you refer are below floor 5 where the situation seems to have started, so no it wouldn't have spread to those because they are all below, fire travels upwards not downwards.

TELEMMGLPICT000131902097-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqoXJUJZ2koYGvlQ_O-BqYxjlaTMTxUhlzF8Rkw038U-A.jpeg

I don't think the instructions to stay inside would have affected this. The reason they are told to stay inside, I think it was for 10 minutes, this is because it's to avoid a mass rush of hundreds of people all in a panic.

The theory is that if they stay inside their apartments for 10 minutes, this gives time for the emergency services to get there and into the building to assist in some ordered evacuation of the building.

The first emergency crew was at the scene within 6 minutes, but unknown to them half of the building from floor 5 upwards was already near inferno level.
Look Lucy the fire seem to have started below to right and did not go to the left side right away

Fire spray for different cause.
Structural Fire Spread
Anyway i don't know what happen exactly i just wanted to bring up what i notice.:)

Grenfell Tower cladding that may have led to fire was added to improve appearance of Kensington block of flats

"The cladding that might have led to the horrifying blaze at Grenfell Tower was added partly to improve the view from the luxury flats around it.

During a refurbishment aimed at regeneration last year, cladding was added to the sides of the building to update its look. That cladding then seems to have helped the fire spread around the building, leading it to destroy almost the entirety of the structure and kill people inside.

And that cladding – a cheap way of improving the front of the building – was chosen in part so that the tower would look better when seen from the conservation areas and luxury flats that surround north Kensington, according to planning documents."

Grenfell Tower was covered in material to keep luxury flat owners happy. That’s being blamed for multiple deaths

As expected the death toll is increasing, it was 6 now it's 12, very probably it'll finish in the three figures.

London fire: Twelve dead in Grenfell Tower blaze

"Twelve people have died in a west London tower block fire and the number of deaths are expected to rise, police have said.

Firefighters rescued 65 people from Grenfell Tower in north Kensington, after they were called at 00:54 BST.

Eyewitnesses described people trapped in the burning tower block, screaming for help and yelling for their children to be saved.

Police say there may still be people in the building who are unaccounted for.

The ambulance service said 68 patients had been taken to six hospitals across London, with 18 in critical care. A further 10 patients made their own way to hospital.

During the night, eyewitnesses said they saw lights - thought to be mobile phones or torches - flashing at the top of the block of flats, and trapped residents coming to their windows - some holding children.

It is understood that "several hundred" people would have been in the block when the fire broke out shortly after midnight, most of them sleeping."

London fire: Twelve dead in Grenfell Tower blaze - BBC News

12 killed as residents leap for their lives in tower block inferno

My worst fear is being trapped in something like this. It is why I will never live in high density housing.

London fire latest: Six confirmed dead in Grenfell Tower as death toll expected to rise

At least six people have been confirmed killed in a huge fire that ripped through a west London tower block, but police expect the death toll to rise.

Up to 600 people are believed to have been inside Grenfell Tower's 120 flats when the blaze tore through the 24-storey building in the early hours.

Twenty people are in critical care after 74 injured people were taken to hospital. But many are still missing after residents were left trapped on upper floors as flames rapidly ripped up the block after initially being told to stay in their homes.

It is unreal and it is a horror the firemen will surely find several dead people burned:(. And as you are i am afraid of the large buildings the twin towers were magnificent and it reminds me of this dramatic day also of seeing people at the windows condemned to die.:(

There are six confirmed dead at the moment, the death total expected to rise. Inside that building will be shocking, it could take some time to determine what is what, forensic teams will have to go throughout the building with a fine tooth comb to identify human remains among all types of charred debris.

That is going to be incredibly scary for them. I would not want to be one of those investigators or rescuers going into such a heavily damaged and unstable building which could still collapse at any minute.

he firefighters male and female are complete heroes and heroines, this morning entire groups of them where inside that building, the London Deputy Fire Chief she gave a press conference and said that her people had reached the 20th floor of the 24 storey building.

Entire teams of them also were going in and out of that building in the middle of the night, donning their full kit and just going into the inferno.

These people are amazing, so brave and fearless, they ALL deserve medals.

I bet they are thanking their lucky stars having made it in and out of the burned building safely.

Smoking in bed or cooking fire should have someone around. Even big gas explosion should help alert those above in time? This went up very quickly.

The one who started it has a lot to answer for. Cause a big fire and run? Did he try to put it out? Tell anyone? Do anything useful?

I don't know about this? So fast burning upwards? Because of the outside beauty panels? But why up the stairwells so quickly? Can't be wooden stairways?
There Old Yeller some links from the page before.

"The cladding that might have led to the horrifying blaze at Grenfell Tower

cladding then seems to have helped the fire spread around the building, leading it to destroy almost the entirety of the structure and kill people inside.

Grenfell Tower was covered in material to keep luxury flat owners happy. That’s being blamed for multiple deaths

At this point they can't. That building is toast, if they didn't get out in the beginning, they are probably dead.
if there is no fire escape/stairs...yah,,,your toast.,,,but even if there was,,,the fire spread quickly,,,,,so they only had ..what? 10 minutes to run?
I watched 9/11 unfold on TV. Compared to last night I'd say the London building went up much faster than the WTC and the WTC had Jet fuel in it. I don't get it WTF?

The WTC and the Grenfell Tower were constructed from completely different materials that's why, I don't think the exterior of the WTC had from top to bottom had oil-based plastic cladding backed with foam, this is why it only took the Grenfell Tower 15 minutes approx to become a completely engulfed inferno.
Why the hell would you allow any building to be clad in an oil based product? That makes no sense. If that's the case the UK needs to revamp their safety codes and pull that crap off any other buildings that might have the same materials.

The WTC was made of steel,glass and concrete. Unfortunately it also had a large amount of asbestos so all that dust after the building collapsed was toxic. The death toll on that day was near 3000 but many more have died and continue to die as a direct result of that attack.

Yes it's complete madness.

They are saying, the London Police this is, are saying that up to 600 people might have been in the Grenfell Tower last night. What they have said is that 6 are confirmed dead, these might or might not be some of those who witnesses observed jumping out of the windows of the Grenfell Tower, so 6 confirmed dead, 75 in the hospital and the rest are unaccounted for, that leaves potentially 519 people still in the Grenfell Tower and by looking at that building I would say the chance is zero that they are still alive.
Yup.

And the media's whole slant on this is that this is a great opportunity to bring the community together to support muslims.

What a bunch of fucking asshats. Either someone's bomb shit blew up, or they had a sick somali arsonist, or some moron was cooking over an open flame late at night in their apartment for Ramadan and burned them up.

Yeah 6 people, what a fucking joke. They literally believe humanity is a collective retard.

The mistake was allowing fucking muslim douchebags into the country. The chadding isn't the cause of the blaze.

A muslim douchebag was the cause of the blaze. Focus on the cause. Not the fallout.

I just cried when I watched it...24 stories, there is no way most of those people could have escaped....it looked like the twin towers. An awful way to die. So many families :(

27 floors, coyote. 120 units.
I'd say 600 is a good guess for dead. They cram about 10 people per into apartments, and it was 1 am when it started, on Ramadan. Everybody is at home eating.

I heard it on the news driving to work this morning, they interviewed a young father who managed to get out with his two young children and wife....some one had mentioned that people were afraid to use stairs because there were gas lines there or something? If so - that would be seem like a big violation of safety codes...unless I misunderstood.

27 floors, coyote. 120 units.
I'd say 600 is a good guess for dead. They cram about 10 people per into apartments, and it was 1 am when it started, on Ramadan. Everybody is at home eating.

It's going to be a horrific death toll :(

The mistake was allowing fucking muslim douchebags into the country. The chadding isn't the cause of the blaze.

A muslim douchebag was the cause of the blaze. Focus on the cause. Not the fallout.
sick.....ur.....very

I heard it on the news driving to work this morning, they interviewed a young father who managed to get out with his two young children and wife....some one had mentioned that people were afraid to use stairs because there were gas lines there or something? If so - that would be seem like a big violation of safety codes...unless I misunderstood.
For my part Coyote I did not hear about it and i am happy that this familly got out safe
Nowadays there is no more respect for human life if one can earn a few Penny, Dollars or Euros...etc at the prices of a life one does not hesitate anymore.

It's breaking on Drudge Report via the BBC. This is another terrorist attack.

DRUDGE REPORT 2017®
Actually, no cause has been determinrd.

What this is is proof that we actually need our regulations for building safety.

One stairwell, no central alarms, no sprinkler system. Disaster.

This is what Trump & the Republicans want here in America. To allow corporations to decide what safety equipment & design goes into our buildings.
Wow. Fire not even out, bodies not yet recovered, and you've already found a way to bring in Trump? Way to go! You should be so proud!

Last edited:
The ugly politics of the Grenfell Tower fire

This is a decent write up of the problems. The residents had been complaining for some time but the tory local authority refused to act.

Mr Corbyn put forward a bill last year to ensure that all rented accomodation was fit for purpose. The tory party voted it down. The majority of tory mps are landlords.
Corbyn tried to pass law to make homes safe last year – the Conservatives rejected it

The tory body count grows.

And can I just add that many of you on this thread with your bullshit terrorist theories are a bunch of *****.

what bullshit terrorist theories? I have seen NO THEORIES------other than your bullshit theory
that the building was unsafe------got a link?
Read the thread you thicko.

the thread reveals no evidence of unsafe conditions

The ugly politics of the Grenfell Tower fire

This is a decent write up of the problems. The residents had been complaining for some time but the tory local authority refused to act.

Mr Corbyn put forward a bill last year to ensure that all rented accomodation was fit for purpose. The tory party voted it down. The majority of tory mps are landlords.
Corbyn tried to pass law to make homes safe last year – the Conservatives rejected it

The tory body count grows.

And can I just add that many of you on this thread with your bullshit terrorist theories are a bunch of *****.

what bullshit terrorist theories? I have seen NO THEORIES------other than your bullshit theory
that the building was unsafe------got a link?
Read the thread you thicko.

the thread reveals no evidence of unsafe conditions
It's the narrative they were pushing right out of the gate.

Nothing about the initial CAUSE of the fire, which was reported to have occurred after an explosion.

They're pushing the fake narrative that it's because bad people tried to make the dump look decent, and as a result, it went up like a torch when the muslims blew it up. It's not the fault of the person who created the explosion..it's the fault of the people who maintained the building without assuming someone would blow up the fridge or build a cooking fire in their living room.

Forum List

Back