BREAKING: Active shooter in Midland/Odessa TX

Well, about a half hour ago, a Home Depot was shot up in Odessa. And, apparently there are 2 of them. One is in a gold and white truck, one is in a postal van.

Details are still coming in. So far, 1 is dead, and 10 or more are injured.

Authorities responding to reports of shootings in West Texas

Authorities responding to reports of shootings in West Texas
By Caroline Linton

Updated on: August 31, 2019 / 6:09 PM / CBS News

The Odessa Police Department posted on Facebook that there are "multiple people shot" and at least one suspect driving around in a hijacked mail truck "shooting at random people."

"The suspect just hijacked a U.S. mail carrier truck and was last seen in the area of 38th and Walnut," the Facebook post read. "Everyone is encouraged to get off the road and use extreme caution! All law enforcement is currently searching for the suspect and more information will be released as soon as it becomes available."

The Midland Police Department posted on Facebook they believe two shooters were involved and using two separate vehicles. One suspect is believed to be at the Cinergy movie theater in Midland and the other is believed to be driving on Loop 250 in Midland, the police said.

I do not mean to sound like a douche but I am sure I know why Home Depot was hit.

Many undocumented workers sit around those stores and once all is known it is most likely for that reason.

I know I will bashed for this and I hope I am wrong as hell and will apologize if I am...

No, you are right. You are a douche.

Why thank you... Coming from someone like you is a compliment...

Now don't you have a thread to write about how Donald Trump is the reason for the mass shooting in Tejas?

No, I pretty much put that on the Texans' front door.

Blame the justice system in Illinois for that...

I grew up outside Chi-town and back in the day the saying was that minorities got less time for shooting their own than shooting a white guy and I bet it still holds true.

The shooting in Texas is a reminder the dangerous times we live in.

Sooner or later the left will win if this keep going...
Let the war begin...

For me I am not in a mood for any conflict and before you call me the name of a cat or the part of a woman private part you need to understand this old dog has fought too long.

America need to start discussing the society we live in and the fact many on the left use Sweden as their model they want without knowing the laws they have and the lack of a melting pot.

We must discuss the fact we put kids on pills because pathetic parents can not be bothered with raising their kids and Teachers can not be bother to handle a kid.

Also the violent society we depict in our entertainment add fuel to kids and adults using mental health medication and people on those drugs usually are delusional and our entertainment industry give them the idea it is cool to kill.

Then our 24/7/365 News cycle and unfiltered web glorifies these mentally deranged individuals causing others to believe they can have 15 minutes of fame which should be never allowed.

The fact is America is lost and the war is over before it ever began...

I know you Yell your Yell but fact is the backlash is coming and it will be harsh...

"The fact is America is lost and the war is over before it ever began"...

Yes, and if Trump isn't reelected it is going to be sooner than later.

Trump is the last person that should lead any charge on morality see his entire life has been lacking it.

No politician should lead us and we must start at home and learn to be parents and role models for our kids.

Politicians no matter which party are flawed and let me be very clear lack morals most of the time as the sell you how pious they are!
I don't recall attributing morality to anyone. I would simply rather live in a country where a conservative is in high office than a Democrat. And with that, I am going for a long well-deserved walk. Fresh air in Mother Nature and no traffic or crowds. :bye1:

Trump is not a Conservative... He is a populist candidate that has always been moderate on social issues and liberal on fiscal issues...

I don't think the shooter today was Roy Daniel Garza - he was
Very true.

I still hold a door open, stay thank you and tip my servers well when they do a good job.

Many millennials can not be bother just being Civil...

The Serbian I was with is a Millennial and she was screaming like a lunatic at a young lady at the counter because her coffee was not ready in the time she wanted...

I told her that sometime honey is better than the vinegar she was spewing and she did not even understand...

The generation gap on the fact Generation X messed up badly has caused great harm to this fine nation.
We tolerate, support, promote and excuse incivility at the highest levels now.

Not just one generation’s fault.

No, my aunt and Uncle that raised me would have knocked my teeth out even in adulthood, so Generation X caused a shift with trying to feel good and promote everyone is special.

I am sorry Coyote but some of still hold true to how we were raised and believe me love I am an ass when needed but I also know when to be civil.

Many Millennials lack social skills and the generations after them are worst...

Social Media has had an incredibly negative impact on Millennials; I don't see GenX as being the biggest problem - they are in their late 30s to mid 50s now. The kids who grew up with the hideous examples of unfiltered garbage on Social Media - with the huge peer pressure to "conform" are fluxored. Add the AD/HD drug cocktail used to keep them passive in school, and we have a totally messed up generation.

And the parents of the Millennials are Generation X that put their kids on those drugs because they could not be bothered to parent...

And then the social media crisis is true and again the parent is the issue...

I know you can not police all the time but a parent need to parent but then the State screws it up saying the kid civil liberties are being denied and tell you they must have the internet and your kid is disruptive so put them on the pill.

So many factors cause this...

Maybe some, but most Millennials are children of Boomers. Sociologists vary on the exact years, but in general:

Boomers: 1946-1964
Gen X: 1965-1983
Millennials: 1984-2000
iGen or Gen Z: 2000 to 2017
Gen Alpha: 2018+

The early Generation X and Late Boomers and you are correct...

At first I thought all these shootings just coincidence.
Now I'm sure the DNC is somehow behind them...to FORCE Mr. Trump to take action on guns, thereby pissing off his base.
This is just way too convenient...and raise your hands if you think the DNC wouldn't stoop this low.......

ok....i've had my TF moment for tonight.....carry on

Another fine example of our second amendment rights keeping us safe

Now I'm sure the DNC is somehow behind them...to FORCE Mr. Trump to take action on guns, thereby pissing off his base.
This is just way too convenient...and raise your hands if you think the DNC wouldn't stoop this low.......

In Texas?

Florida, Ohio or maybe Vermont but not Texas and Midland out of all places...

Yes it does and by people that are usually not allow to own a firearm because of a criminal conviction...
Yet they are free...

I grew up outside Chi-town and back in the day the saying was that minorities got less time for shooting their own than shooting a white guy and I bet it still holds true.

Let the war begin...

For me I am not in a mood for any conflict and before you call me the name of a cat or the part of a woman private part you need to understand this old dog has fought too long.

America need to start discussing the society we live in and the fact many on the left use Sweden as their model they want without knowing the laws they have and the lack of a melting pot.

We must discuss the fact we put kids on pills because pathetic parents can not be bothered with raising their kids and Teachers can not be bother to handle a kid.

Also the violent society we depict in our entertainment add fuel to kids and adults using mental health medication and people on those drugs usually are delusional and our entertainment industry give them the idea it is cool to kill.

Then our 24/7/365 News cycle and unfiltered web glorifies these mentally deranged individuals causing others to believe they can have 15 minutes of fame which should be never allowed.

I know you Yell your Yell but fact is the backlash is coming and it will be harsh...

...because Trump is the very model of civility and respect!

Another fine example of our second amendment rights keeping us safe

Don't buy a gun if you feel unsafe owning one...

Also before we start screaming " repeal the second Amendment " let get all the facts first and find out how and if they should have had firearms in the first place...

So is this just another white terrorist mass shooter Taking advantage of an amendment from the dark ages.?

YOU WIN the most demented ah post of the day The prize is dinner with the moron Trump at burger king

Yet they are free...

Let the war begin...

Trump is the last person that should lead any charge on morality see his entire life has been lacking it.

No politician should lead us and we must start at home and learn to be parents and role models for our kids.

Politicians no matter which party are flawed and let me be very clear lack morals most of the time as the sell you how pious they are!

I have never considered Trump as a politician. He himself says he's no politician. He's rough around the edges and has a foul mouth but he gets things done. He's the one person in politics who isn't there to get rich and famous.

YOU WIN the most demented ah post of the day The prize is dinner with the moron Trump at burger king

I'd LOVE to have dinner with Mr. President...even at da King :113:

Police initially reported that there could be more than one shooter, but Gerke says authorities now believe it was one shooter.

Gerke says he believes the threat is over but authorities remain vigilant.

(Excerpt) Read more at click2houston.com ...

Let the war begin...

I have never considered Trump as a politician. He himself says he's no politician. He's rough around the edges and has a foul mouth but he gets things done. He's the one person in politics who isn't there to get rich and famous.

I agree he is not a politician and he never really claimed to be one either, so you are correct...

As for getting rich... I will wait and see if I am alive a decade from now and if he profited from it after leaving the Oval Office...

Forum List

Back