BREAKING: At least 10 feared dead from mass shooting in Dayton, OH

Yep. Researchers were shocked to find that racist beliefs have declined in whites, since Trump's election.

Where have YOU been?

Mostly home, I'm retired so I can peruse social media and read what white America believes. Trump supporters dominate his detractors on social median dozens to one. Most of the racsim is covert, but some are very open about their hate for minorities and even women.

I'm not surprised that a researcher could come to that conclusion, if they started to prove it. Reality is afoot at every mall in America where we see diverse crowds of friends together; in all shades of color, form deep black to blue eyed blondes and all in between.

Don't be surprised when the 18 to 25 year old set votes against the hate which has been spewed from the mouth and tweets by trump and those who support his lack of decorum.

Most of the links I found were behind pay walls, that I refuse to fund, but here is the conclusion. I suspect you are already on some of the news sites with better reports.

Despite Trump’s racial rhetoric, white prejudice has gone down, Penn study finds

"The researchers began with an assumption that prejudice is typically a stable tendency, acquired early in life. They wondered if Trump’s candidacy, speech, and policy positions on racial issues influenced white Americans’ prejudice.

They questioned whether the president may have normalized those views, essentially authorizing white Americans to more openly express prejudice. They also wondered if Trump would influence Americans in his role as an opinion leader, as some citizens adopt positions advocated by political elites, especially if those elites share the same political orientation, the study said.

“Our findings contradict both hypotheses,” the authors wrote, “as we primarily found declining prejudice and racial resentment, and certainly no increases.”

"

To the extent that you are right about the youth vote, what you are describing is the win of the Lie over the Truth.

You are in the wrong.

Racism, and the hate and fear of minorities have come out of the closet when the opportunity allows it. That being the anonymity on social media. If you wish to take a single survey as the be all, end all, that's fine - it likely confirms the narrative you've taken to believe.
Lol
You have no clue what real racism is… So shut the fuck up
All those blacks voting against Trump sure know what racism is

That is an odd claim. Are you implying that they know better than other people, based on the color of their skin?

Yep. Researchers were shocked to find that racist beliefs have declined in whites, since Trump's election.

Where have YOU been?

Mostly home, I'm retired so I can peruse social media and read what white America believes. Trump supporters dominate his detractors on social median dozens to one. Most of the racsim is covert, but some are very open about their hate for minorities and even women.

I'm not surprised that a researcher could come to that conclusion, if they started to prove it. Reality is afoot at every mall in America where we see diverse crowds of friends together; in all shades of color, form deep black to blue eyed blondes and all in between.

Don't be surprised when the 18 to 25 year old set votes against the hate which has been spewed from the mouth and tweets by trump and those who support his lack of decorum.

Most of the links I found were behind pay walls, that I refuse to fund, but here is the conclusion. I suspect you are already on some of the news sites with better reports.

Despite Trump’s racial rhetoric, white prejudice has gone down, Penn study finds

"The researchers began with an assumption that prejudice is typically a stable tendency, acquired early in life. They wondered if Trump’s candidacy, speech, and policy positions on racial issues influenced white Americans’ prejudice.

They questioned whether the president may have normalized those views, essentially authorizing white Americans to more openly express prejudice. They also wondered if Trump would influence Americans in his role as an opinion leader, as some citizens adopt positions advocated by political elites, especially if those elites share the same political orientation, the study said.

“Our findings contradict both hypotheses,” the authors wrote, “as we primarily found declining prejudice and racial resentment, and certainly no increases.”

"

To the extent that you are right about the youth vote, what you are describing is the win of the Lie over the Truth.

You are in the wrong.

Racism, and the hate and fear of minorities have come out of the closet when the opportunity allows it. That being the anonymity on social media. If you wish to take a single survey as the be all, end all, that's fine - it likely confirms the narrative you've taken to believe.

Lol

I have no clue? Yyou are one of the dumbest, most cowardly inarticulate ignorant hacks on this message board. Keep on posting and proving what a piece of digested food you are.

Well, you dismissed a scientific Penn State study, based on what you read on the internet political discussion forum, so,

The way you stop these attacks.....you know, the real way?

1) get the press to stop the 24/7 news coverage that glorify these shooters.

2) end gun free zones...we know from El Paso, and the other mass shooters the ones we capture or from the notes from the dead ones, they target gun free zones...or like the El Paso shooter, targets they believe will be easy....we also know, like El Paso, that as soon as someone with a gun confronts them, they commit suicide, run away, or surrender.....but the important thing is they stop shooting unarmed people to deal with the individual with the gun...

Do those 2 things and mass shootings will become even more rare.

Let’s forget about your predictable and incredible gymnastics of logic to try and convince everyone that all these killers are leftists, and consider this.

We have had decades of increasingly relaxed gun laws nationwide.

At the same time we are seeing an uptick in mass shootings, many in states with lax laws.

Your solution is let’s get rid of more of these laws and and have more guns.

Does that not strike you as the definition of insanity?
Lol
You do realize the vast majority of firearms in this country are in rural America, With lax gun control laws. And no significant violence.

Where the vast majority of violence in this country is, is in progressive controlled urban America with The strictest gun control laws.
And the vast majority of that violence is performed by repeat offenders, we have no criminal control in this country.

So firearms are not the problem dumbass

Seems firearms are never the problem when white guys kill just a mental problems WH press core could have written part of the mass murderers manifesto

Lol
Blame the individual not a firearm

Blame you and others who allow the individual mass shooter to possess a gun. You're culpable (look that word up in a dictionary) and your opinions are deplorable.

The way you stop these attacks.....you know, the real way?

1) get the press to stop the 24/7 news coverage that glorify these shooters.

2) end gun free zones...we know from El Paso, and the other mass shooters the ones we capture or from the notes from the dead ones, they target gun free zones...or like the El Paso shooter, targets they believe will be easy....we also know, like El Paso, that as soon as someone with a gun confronts them, they commit suicide, run away, or surrender.....but the important thing is they stop shooting unarmed people to deal with the individual with the gun...

Do those 2 things and mass shootings will become even more rare.

Let’s forget about your predictable and incredible gymnastics of logic to try and convince everyone that all these killers are leftists, and consider this.

We have had decades of increasingly relaxed gun laws nationwide.

At the same time we are seeing an uptick in mass shootings, many in states with lax laws.

Your solution is let’s get rid of more of these laws and and have more guns.

Does that not strike you as the definition of insanity?
Lol
You do realize the vast majority of firearms in this country are in rural America, With lax gun control laws. And no significant violence.

Where the vast majority of violence in this country is, is in progressive controlled urban America with The strictest gun control laws.
And the vast majority of that violence is performed by repeat offenders, we have no criminal control in this country.

So firearms are not the problem dumbass

Seems firearms are never the problem when white guys kill just a mental problems WH press core could have written part of the mass murderers manifesto

Lol
Blame the individual not a firearm

Blame you and others who allow the individual mass shooter to possess a gun. You're culpable (look that word up in a dictionary) and your opinions are deplorable.
Lol
Every time there is a shooting like this you progressives light your hair on fire, And people go out and buy a lot more firearms. So put that in your pipe and smoke it bedwetters

The Latest: Ohio shooter’s sister among 9 victims
Associated Press29 minutes ago

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — The Latest on a deadly mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio (all times local):

1:40 p.m.

Police say the 24-year-old white man behind a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio, killed his sister and eight others before he was fatally shot by police.

Authorities say Connor Betts was killed by police less than a minute after he started shooting a .223-caliber rifle into the streets of a popular Dayton nightlife area around 1 a.m. Sunday.

They say his 22-year-old sister, Megan, was the youngest of the deceased victims, who were all killed in the same area. The others were adults ranging in age from 25 to 57.

Mayor Nan Whaley says Betts was wearing body armor and had additional high-capacity magazines.

Investigators haven’t publicly discussed a possible motive.

It was the second U.S. mass shooting in less than 24 hours.

"

You are in the wrong.

Lol

I have no clue? You are one of the dumbest, most cowardly inarticulate ignorant hacks on this message board. Keep on posting and proving what a piece of digested food you are.

Well, you dismissed a scientific Penn State study, based on what you read on the internet political discussion forum, so,

So, the empirical evidence suggests to me (strongly) that racism and other forms of toxic bigotry are not on the wane. I didn't dismiss the Penn St. Study (not because they covered up sexual molestation's for years) I simply said that was one data point which you have taken to be the be all, end all of the issue.

"

You are in the wrong.

Lol

That is an odd claim. Are you implying that they know better than other people, based on the color of their skin?
Damn right I am Who tf knows racism better than those who were subjected to it their whole lives Ever see a black told to leave a bar because of color ? White drinking fountains? White only bath rooms? I have

If he killed his sister, this might actually be a wacko fueled by some family drama. Or he meant to hit just her boyfriend and missed. Who knows. It makes a lot more sense than being an Antifa member.

Can you imagine what their parents are going through right now? Is it enough to lose a child without losing two and to lose one of those children at the hands of the other?
Jesus.

And how do you handle the funeral arrangements for this young man who dishonored the family AND killed their daughter?

"

You are in the wrong.

Lol

Damn right I am Who tf knows racism better than those who were subjected to it their whole lives Ever see a black told to leave a bar because of color ? White drinking fountains? White only bath rooms? I have
Lol
The United States did not invent racism dumbass

"

You are in the wrong.

Lol

I have no clue? You are one of the dumbest, most cowardly inarticulate ignorant hacks on this message board. Keep on posting and proving what a piece of digested food you are.

So, the empirical evidence suggests to me (strongly) that racism and other forms of toxic bigotry are not on the wane. I didn't dismiss the Penn St. Study (not because they covered up sexual molestation's for years) I simply said that was one data point which you have taken to be the be all, end all of the issue.

The empirical evidence I have observed, is that the vast majority of what people like you, claim to be bigotry, is actually reasonable political viewpoints, that you just assume the worst about.

I base that on my personal experience in having people like you, repeatedly and constantly characterizing my political and ideological positions as racism, FALSELY.

I am pretty much done with people like you, calling me names, based on vile lies.

You want to tear this nation apart? Because what you are doing, is how you tear nations apart.

Another mass shooter in Dayton, Ohio. 16 victims being treated in the hospital and casualties as well. Happened late at night in an entertainment area called the Oregon District.

Police investigate 'active shooter incident' in Dayton, Ohio

Victims and casualties are the same thing. A casualty is someone injured or killed in an event.

The Victims include those injured and killed, as well as their loved ones, friends, work colleagues, teachers, mentors, coaches and ministers. Of course everyone who knew them have become casualties, as sure as those who come back from combat with PTSD.

"

You are in the wrong.

Lol

I'm old, but I am not THAT old. And I am not living in the past.

Times change. That shit is a fading memory, except for those people that nurture and hold on to old woulds and grievances.

AND, ironically, your position that a certain group of people know better, because of their skin color, is racist.

Young men. Both of them young men who have had a gutfull of demonization. Once these young men stop being deranged loners and organize then you can worry.
I wish they would! They would learn what the 2nd is REALLY for! One of the largest fallacies the far right engages in, is the idea that only their ideology is armed..and that only their idea of what America is, is valid. Our govt.would love a real target....sadly, most of these people are deranged..and not really ideologically motivated, in the way they're thought to be, by those making hay with their deranged actions.

But every shooter who claims he is representing white America brings us closer to all those things that the right fears...including a revisiting of the 2nd. It can be amended --as we all know. I think that would be going too far..but Congress will not act in any meaningful way, with the albatross of the NRA sitting on its back.
What say you all if a majority of America decides to do just that? Open rebellion? Or a sad slinking away..with many caches of guns buried in the North woods?

We got people that can't get along. Between a civil war and deportations, the better solution is deportations.
Build the wall, deport them all.

Lol

The empirical evidence I have observed, is that the vast majority of what people like you, claim to be bigotry, is actually reasonable political viewpoints, that you just assume the worst about.

I base that on my personal experience in having people like you, repeatedly and constantly characterizing my political and ideological positions as racism, FALSELY.

I am pretty much done with people like you, calling me names, based on vile lies.

You want to tear this nation apart? Because what you are doing, is how you tear nations apart.

I never called you a racist. I believe Trump is a racist, among his many character flaws. I don't understand how anyone can believe we can continue to do nothing about gun violence, when the reality is the cost of blood and treasure by doing nothing.

That's the argument. Do you support the gun industry to be a free market, unrestricted by government on any level; or do you believe nothing needs to be done, given the reality of death, injury, and the costs to the taxpayer which supports the profit made by selling guns?

Lol

I never called you a racist. I believe Trump is a racist, among his many character flaws. I don't understand how anyone can believe we can continue to do nothing about gun violence, when the reality is the cost of blood and treasure by doing nothing.

That's the argument. Do you support the gun industry to be a free market, unrestricted by government on any level; or do you believe nothing needs to be done, given the reality of death, injury, and the costs to the taxpayer which supports the profit made by selling guns?

I'm pretty sure you have called me racist, (though you libs do tend to blur together).

The "Evidence" that Trump is racist, is weak ass smoke and mirrors. Those that believe it, believe it, because they need to, to justify some shit.

Gun violence is not the problem IMO.

THe real issues, are Illegitimacy and mental health.

Solve for those and "gun violence" would diminish to a minor issue not worth serious consideration.

Because humans are capable of horrible evil, and just as fences make for good neighbors, guns function in the same way.
When was the last time someone took their fence to Walmart and mudered a couple dozen people with it?
I know of many cases where guns have saved lives in public places.
I know of many cases where someone has been shot with their own gun. So?
Lol
Shit happens...
Frivolous gun control laws will not stop any of that you stupid motherfucker
Non-frivolous ones might ....you stupid mentally deficient piece of shit.

Indeed..shit happens--especially when you're drowning in shit.

Lol

People do not trust you. How many times can it be said? Progs have run roughshod over the whole system and have caused more problems then we had before except social justice has improved. Once gun laws are made and/or enforced you can almost see this ending up where you will never be able to have a gun if your politics strays from one way of thinking someday.

Forum List

Back