BREAKING: CNN Fires Rick Santorum

More cancel culture.

When do we learn that we need to let people like this talk? How the fuck are we supposed to know who they are, where they are, and (most importantly) who agrees with them?

Now he's another fucking martyr for the Trumpsters to point at. I don't get it.
I really think he misspoke
Regardless, it was time. He’s a tired act.

More cancel culture.

When do we learn that we need to let people like this talk? How the fuck are we supposed to know who they are, where they are, and (most importantly) who agrees with them?

But there should be consequences to such behavior. Of course this being the United States, let the hatred flow.

More cancel culture.

Do you really think so? LOL

I'm gonna have to break with the crowd on this one. Santorum out of all the conservative bunch that CNN has on was pretty straightforward. This didn't deserve the boot. I know Scott Jennings had a dust up a few years ago and CNN let it slide.
I'm gonna agree that we need to keep people like this out front so the rest of America can see what kind of cray-cray they are spouting.
His comments were shear stupidity. How do you have such a commentator?

More cancel culture.

But there should be consequences to such behavior. Of course this being the United States, let the hatred flow.
I'm not big on "consequences" like that. I support drawing the line at things like "fire" in a theater, "bomb" at an airport, or when someone is directly inciting lawbreaking, but this kind of thing doesn't make sense to me. I want to know what people are thinking, otherwise it just festers and grows and spreads, and we get Presidents like Trump.

I'm gonna have to break with the crowd on this one. Santorum out of all the conservative bunch that CNN has on was pretty straightforward. This didn't deserve the boot. I know Scott Jennings had a dust up a few years ago and CNN let it slide.
I'm gonna agree that we need to keep people like this out front so the rest of America can see what kind of cray-cray they are spouting.

Of course. Stupid and offensive. An apology would have been sufficient. But apparently, he may have screwed that one up too.
Sorry. I don't care for cancel culture....except when it comes to Trump. And that's just because he's a worthless pile of poo.;

More cancel culture.

The hate comes from the side you are on, idiot.

More cancel culture.

Just watch Fox.
You want to hide from them? Not me.
How is watching Fox hiding? It will be interesting if they can find someone to replace him who isn't batshit crazy.

I agree firing him for that comment was overly sensitive; it's not as if he wasn't hauled on the carpet for it, and I think it was a poor choice of words rather than racist. But CNN probably knows their viewers better than I do; I haven't been one for a long time.

Clearly his statement wasn’t racist. Highly offensive and dismissive to the native genocide that happened here, sure, but not racist.

Native American culture is all over this country from the names on most of nature’s best places to the respect for land that they held. It’s a huge part of who we are and how we grew up. It lives in our books, movies, and tv shows.

See ya Rick! I liked his participation on CNN usually. He screwed this up.
What he said was at least just stupid. How do you make such comments without being a bit racist. My mother was an American Indian and I find it highly offensive.

Of course. Stupid and offensive. An apology would have been sufficient. But apparently, he may have screwed that one up too.
Sorry. I don't care for cancel culture....except when it comes to Trump. And that's just because he's a worthless pile of poo.;

Show us on the doll, just where that baddy man hurt you.

More cancel culture.

The hate comes from the side you are on, idiot.
Wrong !!! It comes from the right and is constantly proven. Hatred of American Indians doess not cone from the left you idiot.

More cancel culture.

Naw. . . Dominionists actually believe Christian culture is superior to everything else on the planet.

I'm not big on "consequences" like that. I support drawing the line at things like "fire" in a theater, "bomb" at an airport, or when someone is directly inciting lawbreaking, but this kind of thing doesn't make sense to me. I want to know what people are thinking, otherwise it just festers and grows and spreads, and we get Presidents like Trump.
And Biden.

More cancel culture.

Naw. . . Dominionists actually believe Christian culture is superior to everything else on the planet.
Every religion claims to be Gods favorite

Why would you belong to a religion that claimed to be second best?

More cancel culture.

I think he was trying to point out our overwhelming white European culture. We basically ignored or tried to obliterate Native American culture.
Same thing happened in Canada and Australia

More cancel culture.

I think he was trying to point out our overwhelming white European culture. We basically ignored or tried to obliterate Native American culture.
Same thing happened in Canada and Australia
But he made it sound like there was nothing to add. The Whites came in and there was no culture before that worth being part of the American culture. Life was good here before the Europeans arrived and screwed things up!

That's clearly apparent. Here's a clue - any "Republican" that would work for CNN, has nothing to do with Trump or his supporters. Screw Santorum and the horse he rode in on...
I'm sure he's an Evil Hitler Chinese Nazi Deep State Swamp Commie™ in Trumpworld, but in Normal World, he's a pretty straightforward conservative.
You mean talks a lot of shit that he can’t back up with facts?
Well, whichever. But evidently just being on CNN makes him a Trumpsters' enemy.
They’re full of shit, because they’re selective. There’s no rabid hatred for Kaleigh MacEnany, or whatever the hell her name is. She went from CNN straight to Trump’s Covid House press room.
because they’re selective.'
so are democrats.....

Forum List

Back