Breaking confirmed active shooter at Texas Walmart 18 ppl shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So violent that our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control.
And your solution is to disarm the population ? Looks like that is precisely why so many were killed and wounded. Why was no one armed, and shooting back at the shooter ?.....to thereby save lives (as occured in 2002 in Los Angeles Airport when the shooter -Hesham Mohamed Hadayet- was shot dead, after killing only 2 people)

2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting - Wikipedia
I listened to the interview of a man who was carrying--and he booked it outta there, helping kids along the way. He did not seek out the gunman and shoot back. It does not happen. The guy is active military and he knows what to do. He did nothing but run. Your argument is a Walter Mitty daydream, not something to seriously consider.
So what?

He had no obligation to seek out the shooter he did the right thing and got his kids out.

Shit the cops don't even have to respond to a call for aid why the hell should a civilian?
I am not about to say what someone who was there should have done while I sit in the safety of my own home.

So violent that our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control.
And your solution is to disarm the population ? Looks like that is precisely why so many were killed and wounded. Why was no one armed, and shooting back at the shooter ?.....to thereby save lives (as occured in 2002 in Los Angeles Airport when the shooter -Hesham Mohamed Hadayet- was shot dead, after killing only 2 people)

I listened to the interview of a man who was carrying--and he booked it outta there, helping kids along the way. He did not seek out the gunman and shoot back. It does not happen. The guy is active military and he knows what to do. He did nothing but run. Your argument is a Walter Mitty daydream, not something to seriously consider.
So what?

He had no obligation to seek out the shooter he did the right thing and got his kids out.

Shit the cops don't even have to respond to a call for aid why the hell should a civilian?
I am not about to say what someone who was there should have done while I sit in the safety of my own home.

People here say that civilians shouldn't have guns because they shouldn't be playing cop then when a gun owner doesn't play cop they criticize him for it

Trump supporters are not true Americans. They support racism and terror against brown and black people.
Fuck off.

Cut a little too close for ya'.
Fuck off.
Don't take him personal, Ice, we know you aren't a hater. But we can't defend the haters either. I just looked up Patrick Crusius and saw that he seems to have been targeting Hispanics, a hit against the "invasion" of Hispanics in this country. I quibble with people about using the term "invasion" all the time, because it ratchets up the rhetoric to a fighting level. And then some lamebrain like Patrick Crusius WILL fight, murdering twenty and wounding at least two dozen more for doing nothing more threatening than SHOPPING AT WALMART.

Do you get where I'm coming from? The people calling this an invasion and flapping their gums about treating them as the "enemy" IS dangerous. We all know there is a crisis on the border. More people want in all at once than our system can process. But we have to stop turning them into enemy combatants in our speech. No one needs to love them or even welcome them. They just need to tone it down.

Well now, if we want to monitor speech like that, liberals have been calling Trump an "enemy" and a thousand things worse and recently have ramped that up to say all his supporters are racist too. So really, there's ratcheting all the way around from every side.
That's true. It's still wrong, though, isn't it?

So what?

People here say that civilians shouldn't have guns because they shouldn't be playing cop then when a gun owner doesn't play cop they criticize him for it
That's my point. They put people in a no win tsituation then attack them for it.

Oldlady said people don't mass kill with knives. I showed a few who did just that. Ignored. I don't say what she wanted or expected to hear, she's disappointed in my response.

I'll survive.

But we are not going to fix this when our sole focus is to assign blame to the other side and defend our own.

Running from what? People with pathetic emotional arguments eager to politicize death at the drop of a pussy hat?

Please.

I will destroy you in a debate.

The shooter politicized the event. I'm tired of the death threats because someone has different political views on this board. Sorry the motivation for this guy is inconvenient to the right but he was a white supremacist, he was a Trump supporter his motive was racism.
Trump is and many of his supporters are dog whistlers to White Supremacists.
At least the ignorant ones are easy to identify by their MAGA hats.

At least the ignorant ones are easy to identify by their MAGA hats.

And warning #1 on you. (#6 for the day). A murder thread gives you no right to post nonsense against true Americans.
Trump supporters are not true Americans. They support racism and terror against brown and black people.

That’s ridiculous

Fuck off.

Fuck off.
Don't take him personal, Ice, we know you aren't a hater. But we can't defend the haters either. I just looked up Patrick Crusius and saw that he seems to have been targeting Hispanics, a hit against the "invasion" of Hispanics in this country. I quibble with people about using the term "invasion" all the time, because it ratchets up the rhetoric to a fighting level. And then some lamebrain like Patrick Crusius WILL fight, murdering twenty and wounding at least two dozen more for doing nothing more threatening than SHOPPING AT WALMART.

Do you get where I'm coming from? The people calling this an invasion and flapping their gums about treating them as the "enemy" IS dangerous. We all know there is a crisis on the border. More people want in all at once than our system can process. But we have to stop turning them into enemy combatants in our speech. No one needs to love them or even welcome them. They just need to tone it down.

Well now, if we want to monitor speech like that, liberals have been calling Trump an "enemy" and a thousand things worse and recently have ramped that up to say all his supporters are racist too. So really, there's ratcheting all the way around from every side.
There's a whole lot of "wrong" to go around. The left paints almost all white people as racist nazis. When do people get tired of that and react in some fashion?

So what?

That's my point. They put people in a no win tsituation then attack them for it.

Oldlady said people don't mass kill with knives. I showed a few who did just that. Ignored. I don't say what she wanted or expected to hear, she's disappointed in my response.

I'll survive.

But we are not going to fix this when our sole focus is to assign blame to the other side and defend our own.

Most deranged killers who engage in mass killings use guns.

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Well if you want to compare calling foreigners coming illegally over our border an "invasion" vs. the things the Left has been saying about Trump since 2016, let's have that debate, OldLady.

You realize the Left now has all the market on Things That Cannot Be Said. Which is hilarious when you think about how you used to market yourself. It's why you're losing the culture.

Fuck off.

There's a whole lot of "wrong" to go around. The left paints almost all white people as racist nazis. When do people get tired of that and react in some fashion?

That’s an argument of incendiary language causing people to be triggered. ANTIFA and other leftists use the same rationale for their violence.

So what?

I'll survive.

Most people who own guns will never kill anyone

So what?

I'll survive.

The Left wants to laser-focus on guns because focusing on tools is much easier than focusing on real problems and absolves them of their part.

And their part, let's face it, is monumental.

So what?

I'll survive.

Missed that one. Toro, like many in here, is a useless cheerleader. So I ignore and don't see a lot of that in here.

Fuck off.

Then maybe our leaderships inaction across the board and the media telling us everyone is a nazi is to blame.

FWIW I hold the media absolutely accountable for a large part of this.

Two and a half years spent on the particulars of not only what was a NON-story, but a lie. "Russian Collusion"....nothing. Meanwhile, our society is on fire. Ask any teacher. Ask any nurse, any police officer. There are REAL problems out there that festered and festered because our incompetent media was obsessed with Palace Intrigue.

They are shameless.
People by and large do as told or told to believe.

Look who's doing the telling. It's quite telling. The media fans the flames of the hate parade and crys freedom of press when accountability comes calling.
The media fanned the flames that ignited Patrick Crusius? The media has been calling the Hispanics at the border "invaders?" Breitbart, maybe, or Fox, so yeah.

So what?

I'll survive.

The Left wants to laser-focus on guns because focusing on tools is much easier than focusing on real problems and absolves them of their part.

And their part, let's face it, is monumental.
It's far more shotgun than laser. The gun grabbers get frustrated at their lack of gun k kwledge and usually respond by widening their definition of assault guns.

Fuck off.

Well if you want to compare calling foreigners coming illegally over our border an "invasion" vs. the things the Left has been saying about Trump since 2016, let's have that debate, OldLady.

You realize the Left now has all the market on Things That Cannot Be Said. Which is hilarious when you think about how you used to market yourself. It's why you're losing the culture.

You can make the same argument about what the right said about Obama. The right tried to delegitimize Obama by making up nonsensical claims that he was born in Kenya.

Fuck off.

Then maybe our leaderships inaction across the board and the media telling us everyone is a nazi is to blame.

FWIW I hold the media absolutely accountable for a large part of this.

Two and a half years spent on the particulars of not only what was a NON-story, but a lie. "Russian Collusion"....nothing. Meanwhile, our society is on fire. Ask any teacher. Ask any nurse, any police officer. There are REAL problems out there that festered and festered because our incompetent media was obsessed with Palace Intrigue.

They are shameless.
People by and large do as told or told to believe.

Look who's doing the telling. It's quite telling. The media fans the flames of the hate parade and crys freedom of press when accountability comes calling.
The media fanned the flames that ignited Patrick Crusius? The media has been calling the Hispanics at the border "invaders?" Breitbart, maybe, or Fox, so yeah.
Like I said, I hate thst people only blame the other side. Not see how the media portrays conservatives in general as horrible people and uses hate in general to get clicks.

So, yeah.

Fuck off.

You can make the same argument about what the right said about Obama. The right tried to delegitimize Obama by making up nonsensical claims that he was born in Kenya.
Obama had his enemies list too

So what?

I'll survive.

The reason I was disappointed was because you did EXACTLY that-- immediately you assigned blame. To the media. And I fail to see how.

I'll survive.

Missed that one. Toro, like many in here, is a useless cheerleader. So I ignore and don't see a lot of that in here.

So you whine about Old Lady ignoring your argument than rationalize doing the same?

So what?

I'll survive.

The reason I was disappointed was because you did EXACTLY that-- immediately you assigned blame. To the media. And I fail to see how.
There is only one person to blame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back