Breaking confirmed active shooter at Texas Walmart 18 ppl shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the interview of a man who was carrying--and he booked it outta there, helping kids along the way. He did not seek out the gunman and shoot back. It does not happen. The guy is active military and he knows what to do. He did nothing but run. Your argument is a Walter Mitty daydream, not something to seriously consider.
So what?

He had no obligation to seek out the shooter he did the right thing and got his kids out.

Shit the cops don't even have to respond to a call for aid why the hell should a civilian?
I am not about to say what someone who was there should have done while I sit in the safety of my own home.

People here say that civilians shouldn't have guns because they shouldn't be playing cop then when a gun owner doesn't play cop they criticize him for it
That's my point. They put people in a no win tsituation then attack them for it.

Oldlady said people don't mass kill with knives. I showed a few who did just that. Ignored. I don't say what she wanted or expected to hear, she's disappointed in my response.

I'll survive.

But we are not going to fix this when our sole focus is to assign blame to the other side and defend our own.
The reason I was disappointed was because you did EXACTLY that-- immediately you assigned blame. To the media. And I fail to see how.
Point out where I say the media is the only area to blame please.

Fuck off.
Don't take him personal, Ice, we know you aren't a hater. But we can't defend the haters either. I just looked up Patrick Crusius and saw that he seems to have been targeting Hispanics, a hit against the "invasion" of Hispanics in this country. I quibble with people about using the term "invasion" all the time, because it ratchets up the rhetoric to a fighting level. And then some lamebrain like Patrick Crusius WILL fight, murdering twenty and wounding at least two dozen more for doing nothing more threatening than SHOPPING AT WALMART.

Do you get where I'm coming from? The people calling this an invasion and flapping their gums about treating them as the "enemy" IS dangerous. We all know there is a crisis on the border. More people want in all at once than our system can process. But we have to stop turning them into enemy combatants in our speech. No one needs to love them or even welcome them. They just need to tone it down.
Then maybe our leaderships inaction across the board and the media telling us everyone is a nazi is to blame.

FWIW I hold the media absolutely accountable for a large part of this.

Two and a half years spent on the particulars of not only what was a NON-story, but a lie. "Russian Collusion"....nothing. Meanwhile, our society is on fire. Ask any teacher. Ask any nurse, any police officer. There are REAL problems out there that festered and festered because our incompetent media was obsessed with Palace Intrigue.

They are shameless.
People by and large do as told or told to believe.

Look who's doing the telling. It's quite telling. The media fans the flames of the hate parade and crys freedom of press when accountability comes calling.
The media fanned the flames that ignited Patrick Crusius? The media has been calling the Hispanics at the border "invaders?" Breitbart, maybe, or Fox, so yeah.

I'll answer. They ARE invaders. That's what they are. You're word-monitoring. It's like saying we can't call them illegal aliens anymore; that's "mean". Okay, whatever--that's what they are. They are busting in uninvited. That's literally the definition of an "invasion".

Calling them "invaders" does not make some nasty, pernicious, violent mass murderer. That happens in a separate type of situation that is heinous.

But don't be word-monitoring us and telling us this caused El Paso. How illiberal of you.

So what?

He had no obligation to seek out the shooter he did the right thing and got his kids out.

Shit the cops don't even have to respond to a call for aid why the hell should a civilian?
I am not about to say what someone who was there should have done while I sit in the safety of my own home.

People here say that civilians shouldn't have guns because they shouldn't be playing cop then when a gun owner doesn't play cop they criticize him for it
That's my point. They put people in a no win tsituation then attack them for it.

Oldlady said people don't mass kill with knives. I showed a few who did just that. Ignored. I don't say what she wanted or expected to hear, she's disappointed in my response.

I'll survive.

But we are not going to fix this when our sole focus is to assign blame to the other side and defend our own.

Most deranged killers who engage in mass killings use guns.

Most people who own guns will never kill anyone

Never said they would.

I'll survive.

Never said they would.

I never said you did.

Fuck off.
Don't take him personal, Ice, we know you aren't a hater. But we can't defend the haters either. I just looked up Patrick Crusius and saw that he seems to have been targeting Hispanics, a hit against the "invasion" of Hispanics in this country. I quibble with people about using the term "invasion" all the time, because it ratchets up the rhetoric to a fighting level. And then some lamebrain like Patrick Crusius WILL fight, murdering twenty and wounding at least two dozen more for doing nothing more threatening than SHOPPING AT WALMART.

Do you get where I'm coming from? The people calling this an invasion and flapping their gums about treating them as the "enemy" IS dangerous. We all know there is a crisis on the border. More people want in all at once than our system can process. But we have to stop turning them into enemy combatants in our speech. No one needs to love them or even welcome them. They just need to tone it down.

Well now, if we want to monitor speech like that, liberals have been calling Trump an "enemy" and a thousand things worse and recently have ramped that up to say all his supporters are racist too. So really, there's ratcheting all the way around from every side.
That's true. It's still wrong, though, isn't it?

Well if you want to compare calling foreigners coming illegally over our border an "invasion" vs. the things the Left has been saying about Trump since 2016, let's have that debate, OldLady.

You realize the Left now has all the market on Things That Cannot Be Said. Which is hilarious when you think about how you used to market yourself. It's why you're losing the culture.

You can make the same argument about what the right said about Obama. The right tried to delegitimize Obama by making up nonsensical claims that he was born in Kenya.

That was not the mainstream right and it was not wholecloth--he did spend a good part of his youth in Kenya. Whereas the mainstream Left--CNN and MSNBC, not to mention other publications like HuffPo, Slate, Atlantic and others--have gone all in on vile and personal attacks on Trump.

Well now, if we want to monitor speech like that, liberals have been calling Trump an "enemy" and a thousand things worse and recently have ramped that up to say all his supporters are racist too. So really, there's ratcheting all the way around from every side.

Well if you want to compare calling foreigners coming illegally over our border an "invasion" vs. the things the Left has been saying about Trump since 2016, let's have that debate, OldLady.

You realize the Left now has all the market on Things That Cannot Be Said. Which is hilarious when you think about how you used to market yourself. It's why you're losing the culture.

You can make the same argument about what the right said about Obama. The right tried to delegitimize Obama by making up nonsensical claims that he was born in Kenya.
Obama had his enemies list too

It’s an argument about what the left and right do. The left is triggered by Trump. The right was triggered by Obama. Both try to delegitimize. Both are the same though each side thinks they’re righteous and the other side is wrong.

That was not the mainstream right and it was not wholecloth--he did spend a good part of his youth in Kenya. Whereas the mainstream Left--CNN and MSNBC, not to mention other publications like HuffPo, Slate, Atlantic and others--have gone all in on vile and personal attacks on Trump.

Republicans in at least 13 states tried to file birther bills in state legislators.

Obama spent a good deal of his youth in Indonesia, not Kenya.

Obama had his enemies list too

It’s an argument about what the left and right do. The left is triggered by Trump. The right was triggered by Obama. Both try to delegitimize. Both are the same though each side thinks they’re righteous and the other side is wrong.

There was nothing--nothing on the Right like trying to remove Obama from office because we didn't like the results of the election.

So that's a fail.

So what?

I'll survive.

The reason I was disappointed was because you did EXACTLY that-- immediately you assigned blame. To the media. And I fail to see how.
There is only one person to blame
Oh, I agree with you there--and it being a hate crime, he can get his arm loaded up with poison the sooner the better imo. He had a reason for what he did, though, and usually you are on the side of trying to figure that out so it can be diverted, rather than taking away guns.

Republicans in at least 13 states tried to file birther bills in state legislators.

You're right on Indonesia, I stand corrected.

The key is "tried to file" and were soundly ignored by Republican higher-ups. Not repeated investigated and hounded about impeachment incessantly on made up charges.

I'll survive.

Never said they would.

I never said you did.

The argument that Old Lady was making is that the access to guns makes it easier for crazy nutters to engage in mass violence. That there have been a few instances in this country of mass killings caused by other means, be it knives or cars or whatever, doesn’t change this.

Then maybe our leaderships inaction across the board and the media telling us everyone is a nazi is to blame.

Two and a half years spent on the particulars of not only what was a NON-story, but a lie. "Russian Collusion"....nothing. Meanwhile, our society is on fire. Ask any teacher. Ask any nurse, any police officer. There are REAL problems out there that festered and festered because our incompetent media was obsessed with Palace Intrigue.

They are shameless.

Look who's doing the telling. It's quite telling. The media fans the flames of the hate parade and crys freedom of press when accountability comes calling.
The media fanned the flames that ignited Patrick Crusius? The media has been calling the Hispanics at the border "invaders?" Breitbart, maybe, or Fox, so yeah.

I'll answer. They ARE invaders. That's what they are. You're word-monitoring. It's like saying we can't call them illegal aliens anymore; that's "mean". Okay, whatever--that's what they are. They are busting in uninvited. That's literally the definition of an "invasion".

Calling them "invaders" does not make some nasty, pernicious, violent mass murderer. That happens in a separate type of situation that is heinous.

But don't be word-monitoring us and telling us this caused El Paso. How illiberal of you.
I'll say it one more time, and then I'm done arguing about it with you, since you refuse to address my point:
we have to stop turning them into enemy combatants in our speech. No one needs to love them or even welcome them. They just need to tone it down.

Obama releasing what is now known as a poorly made up birth certificate only fuels the speculation.

You're right on Indonesia, I stand corrected.

The key is "tried to file" and were soundly ignored by Republican higher-ups. Not repeated investigated and hounded about impeachment incessantly on made up charges.

The President of the United States today was one of the most vocal birthers at the time.

He sounds like he is affiliated with antifa. I read soros is pouring money into that group. The feds need to act swiftly to prevent anymore harm from them.

Obama releasing what is now known as a poorly made up birth certificate only fuels the speculation.

You cannot condemn leftists for going Full Retard over Trump and be or rationalize being a birther because it’s the exact same psychological state.

They are shameless.

I'll say it one more time, and then I'm done arguing about it with you, since you refuse to address my point:
we have to stop turning them into enemy combatants in our speech. No one needs to love them or even welcome them. They just need to tone it down.
No. We don’t. Demonstrate how that is a “need” for me, or a benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back