Breaking: FBI BACKS CIA View that Russia Intervened to Help Trump Win Election

tl;dr

The FBI, CIA and DNI are all in agreement -- Russia intervened in our election in order to help Trump win.

What this means, is Russian leaders would rather Trump be president than Hillary.

It does not mean that voting machines were hacked and the results of voting were changed.

Not one person has claimed that the Russians hacked any voting machines, but thanks for stating the obvious.

The best part of "disinformation" is how easily dupes will repeat it. Let's re-read the OP's Fake News story. Look at these words....

The positions of Comey and Clapper were revealed in a message that CIA Director John Brennan sent to the agency’s workforce Friday.

“Earlier this week, I met separately with FBI [Director] James Comey and DNI Jim Clapper, and there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election,” Brennan said, according to U.S. officials who have seen the message.

The CIA and the FBI declined to comment on Brennan’s message or on the classified intelligence assessment that CIA officials shared with members of the Senate Intelligence Committee earlier this month, setting off a political firestorm.

I find it troubling that John Brennan has not confirmed that he said this OR that it means what the Post says it means. There is no press release from the CIA to verify. Brennan's reported message not only is uncorroborated, it is wholly lacking context. For instance, What does this sentence mean? "there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election"? It could be that they all agree that there was no interference at all!! Context matters. We have none.

Hilariously, Comey and Clapper have nothing to say.....:rofl:

It's classic disinformation!! aka FAKE NEWS.

The best part of "disinformation" is how easily dupes will repeat it. Let's re-read the OP's Fake News story. Look at these words....

The positions of Comey and Clapper were revealed in a message that CIA Director John Brennan sent to the agency’s workforce Friday.

“Earlier this week, I met separately with FBI [Director] James Comey and DNI Jim Clapper, and there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election,” Brennan said, according to U.S. officials who have seen the message.

The CIA and the FBI declined to comment on Brennan’s message or on the classified intelligence assessment that CIA officials shared with members of the Senate Intelligence Committee earlier this month, setting off a political firestorm.

I find it troubling that John Brennan has not confirmed that he said this OR that it means what the Post says it means. There is no press release from the CIA to verify. Brennan's reported message not only is uncorroborated, it is wholly lacking context. For instance, What does this sentence mean? "there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election"? It could be that they all agree that there was no interference at all!! Context matters. We have none.

2013%2F07%2F12%2Fef%2FCryingBabyi.f5417.jpg

What am I supposed to be crying about?

"Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh I don't like what the mean poopie heads are saying in this news story so I'm gonna say it's fake!!! They're being really really mean and I don't like it!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH"

cry+baby.jpg

tl;dr

The FBI, CIA and DNI are all in agreement -- Russia intervened in our election in order to help Trump win.

What this means, is Russian leaders would rather Trump be president than Hillary.

It does not mean that voting machines were hacked and the results of voting were changed.

Not one person has claimed that the Russians hacked any voting machines, but thanks for stating the obvious.

So in other words the Russians only influenced the election, much like the UK attempted when leaders there did not want to see Trump win the presidency.

Why believe CIA on Russia? (Letter to editor)

I am baffled by the lack of skepticism regarding a CIA assessment that Russia influenced the election ("Russian interference," Dec. 12). No evidence, much less proof, has been offered. I am loath to agree with Donald Trump ("a short-fingered vulgarian," in the words of the late, great "Spy" magazine), but I suspect he got it right about the unproven CIA report: "These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction."

That's just the tip of the CIA's history of lying (anthrax labs and aluminum tubes in Saddam Hussein's Iraq, Syria using gas against its own people in Damascus, and the extent of National Security Agency spying domestically and abroad, just to name a few). And it strains credulity to swallow whole an assessment by an agency with a long, sordid and well-documented history of election fraud and overthrowing governments in Europe and South and Central America. . .

. . . A quick online search of military budgets shows that Russia spends $46.6 billion a year on defense, in fifth place behind Great Britain. The U.S. military budget, in first place, is a whopping $581 billion, more than 10 times that of Russia, more than double that of second-place China, and more than the combined military budgets of the next 12 nations down the list. . .

(Excerpt) Read more at baltimoresun.com ..

Are they actually going to go brief Congress or just keep illegally violating Congressional subpoenas?

Read the article, they have been giving briefs for months to Congress.
Not on the Russian situation. The last one was in OCTOBER, and the CIA just criminally violated a Congressional subpoena by being a 'No-Show'.

WRONG. Read the fucking links you lazy fucks.

"The CIA shared its latest assessment with key senators in a closed-door briefing on Capitol Hill about two weeks ago in which agency officials cited a growing body of intelligence from multiple sources. Specifically, CIA briefers told the senators it was now “quite clear” that electing Trump was one of Russia’s goals, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters."

The last time they pulled the stunt like that we attacked Iraq.

tl;dr

So in other words the Russians only influenced the election, much like the UK attempted when leaders there did not want to see Trump win the presidency.

Only with espionage in the form of cyber attacks and a disinformation campaign.

"Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh I don't like what the mean poopie heads are saying in this news story so I'm gonna say it's fake!!! They're being really really mean and I don't like it!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH"

cry+baby.jpg

Sorry son, but you have a classic case of "Projection"

15-common-defense-mechanisms-13-728.jpg

Trump won. Get over it!!

:rofl:

I am baffled by the lack of skepticism regarding a CIA assessment that Russia influenced the election ("Russian interference," Dec. 12). No evidence, much less proof, has been offered. I am loath to agree with Donald Trump ("a short-fingered vulgarian," in the words of the late, great "Spy" magazine), but I suspect he got it right about the unproven CIA report: "These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction."

That's just the tip of the CIA's history of lying (anthrax labs and aluminum tubes in Saddam Hussein's Iraq, Syria using gas against its own people in Damascus, and the extent of National Security Agency spying domestically and abroad, just to name a few). And it strains credulity to swallow whole an assessment by an agency with a long, sordid and well-documented history of election fraud and overthrowing governments in Europe and South and Central America. . .

. . . A quick online search of military budgets shows that Russia spends $46.6 billion a year on defense, in fifth place behind Great Britain. The U.S. military budget, in first place, is a whopping $581 billion, more than 10 times that of Russia, more than double that of second-place China, and more than the combined military budgets of the next 12 nations down the list. . .

Except... it isn't JUST the CIA. But hey, don't let facts get in your way!

You mean the FBI doesn't lie...I present Comey's indictment of Hillary and his none action as further proof!

tl;dr

No one said they were.

Exactly.

And...........?

The point is, their "hack" only exposed Hillary's emails, and did not alter the actual vote.
Trump won, let's move on now.

I love how people called Obama a Manchurian Candidate during his presidency. Trump literally is just that.

Do you suppose we're arguing with run of the mill, dopey Americans or disinformation agents working for the Kremlin?

Can people really be this dumb?

tl;dr

No one said they were.

Exactly.

And...........?

The point is, their "hack" only exposed Hillary's emails, and did not alter the actual vote.
Trump won, let's move on now.

None of Clinton's mails were hacked or exposed and no one on this thread disputes Trump's win. This is an argument over the validity of a national security concern.

Forum List

Back