Breaking: Judge Reinhart Formally Rejects DOJ Argument to Keep Trump Raid Affidavit Sealed

Only person who wanted this to stay hidden more than the DOJ was Trump. This was a NYT suit. Trump wants this thing locked down. He’s about to be totally embarrassed.

To protect the US from whatever the dangerous documents are.

The FBI knew what the documents were and chose to let Trump maintain access to them for 6 months.

Why no raid 6 months ago? What all of a sudden changed?

I definitely want to see all the documents 100% unredacted,
The FBI was clearly bias in favor of Trump. They were giving him preferential treatment otherwise they would have raided him way earlier.

Trump declassified all the documents. It no longer matters if they’re dangerous, Trump decided the nation has to be damaged by their release and that’s his power as president. To harm the nation.

Magistrate Judge Reinhart says he found the facts in the FBI affidavit "reliable" and may ultimately agree with DOJ to keep the document sealed after conferring this week.

4E666666-3B0D-4818-9193-4FF10B8D3FDD.jpeg

Why would his lawyers get involved when there is already a motion to unseal it that the Xiden admin is losing?

Ride the coattails of the folks already exposing the Xiden admin's fears and winning
The Admin hasn’t lost yet. Trump didn’t even try to argue the case in court. He’s absent.

The Admin hasn’t lost yet. Trump didn’t even try to argue the case in court. He’s absent.
Um...the Court literally just ruled today...rejecting their claims.

Trump didn't even have to try to argue anything....other parties were already whipping the floor with the Xiden Admin attempts to hide information from the public.

Reinhart said during the hearing that he was leaning toward publicly releasing a redacted version of the affidavit — with names of FBI agents, witnesses and investigative details blacked out. He ordered prosecutors to provide him such redactions by Thursday, and said he would then decide whether to release that version or propose his own.
On Monday, Reinhart said he may decide prosecutors were correct when they argued that the necessary redactions would make what was left lacking in both content and context.
“I cannot say at this point that partial redactions will be so extensive that they will result in a meaningless disclosure, but I may ultimately reach that conclusion after hearing further from the government,” Reinhart wrote.

Releasing the entire affidavit, the judge said, would hurt the ongoing criminal investigation by revealing names of witnesses and investigative techniques, which could lead to “obstruction of justice and witness intimidation or retaliation” in the first instance and damage prosecutors’ ability to continue gathering information in the second.

Magistrate Judge Reinhart says he found the facts in the FBI affidavit "reliable" and may ultimately agree with DOJ to keep the document sealed after conferring this week.

View attachment 685826
hahaha "I therefore reject the Government's argument...." how in the world you can take that as "ultimately agreeing" with the Govt is mindblowing....but you are a cultist.

The FBI was clearly bias in favor of Trump. They were giving him preferential treatment otherwise they would have raided him way earlier.

Trump declassified all the documents. It no longer matters if they’re dangerous, Trump decided the nation has to be damaged by their release and that’s his power as president. To harm the nation.

How does it benefit Trump to allow him to keep classified documents in a safe in MAR A LAGO?

The second the FBI knew Trump had classified documents, those documents should have been seized.

That was 6 months ago.

They could have just asked for the documents.

Um...the Court literally just ruled today...rejecting their claims.

Trump didn't even have to try to argue anything....other parties were already whipping the floor with the Xiden Admin attempts to hide information from the public.
The court is going to look at the redactions before making a final decision.

Next time read the ruling and not what right wing media says about it. You won’t look as stupid.

How does it benefit Trump to allow him to keep classified documents in a safe in MAR A LAGO?

The second the FBI knew Trump had classified documents, those documents should have been seized.

That was 6 months ago.

They could have just asked for the documents.
Could be lots of reasons Trump is hiding them. Maybe he’s just trying to cover up his malfeasance. We won’t know until we see them all.

I agree. The FBI did ask him for the documents and they didn’t get very far. The FBI clearly was treating him preferentially by not busting in. They were way more nice about it than they should have been.

The court is going to look at the redactions before making a final decision.

Next time read the ruling and not what right wing media says about it. You won’t look as stupid.
yeah....the court said they could make redactions, but rejected their arugment to keep it sealed....it's in the ruling.

hahaha "I therefore reject the Government's argument...."

yeah....the court said they could make redactions, but rejected their arugment to keep it sealed....it's in the ruling.

hahaha "I therefore reject the Government's argument...."
It still may remain sealed. The judge is going to look at the redactions and decide.

It will also be appealed if they lose.

His lawyers represent him. They do what he says.
Wrong. That is NOT how the attorney client relationship works. But keep flapping your gums. It’s amusing
Trump is a liar. I don’t expect explanations from liars.
You keep saying that. And I don’t doubt that, like you, he has sometimes lied. Nobody cares what you “expect.”

Trump’s lawyers didn’t do anything to get it unsealed. They were completely silent.
Yeah, well, Trump wasn't silent he called for an unredacted release; that his lawyers may have disagreed, for LEGAL reasons, doesn't mean Trump is a liar. Your TDS is affecting your little brain.

It's more likely his attorneys told him the likelihood of an unredacted copy of the affidavit being released was next to zero. So Don did a Don thing. He duped The Following in to thinking he actually wanted it released when it is impossible to imagine a scenario whereby the release benefits him. After all, he screamed about releasing the search warrant when he could have done so at any time after the search.
Zzzz. Cool story, bro.

It still may remain sealed. The judge is going to look at the redactions and decide.

It will also be appealed if they lose.
hahaha no the Court clearly said they rejected the Govt...I quoted it for you. Did you read the Order?

hahaha no the Court clearly said they rejected the Govt...I quoted it for you. Did you read the Order?
The judge accepted the governments case there it shouldn’t be released interacted.

As for whether it’ll be released redacted, the judge wants to see it first before deciding if the government is right that it would be useless to do so.

Yeah, I read it.

The judge accepted the governments case there it shouldn’t be released interacted.

As for whether it’ll be released redacted, the judge wants to see it first before deciding if the government is right that it would be useless to do so.

Yeah, I read it.
one i literally quoted the judge saying he rejected the Govt claim. They wanted it sealed

Forum List

Back