Breaking: Judge Reinhart Formally Rejects DOJ Argument to Keep Trump Raid Affidavit Sealed

Then you should be glad they searched his house so that we can get access to those documents and see the malfeasance ourselves.

Sure, I want all the papers that were seized on the front page of every news outlet.…as well as the unredacted affadavit for the raid and all associated documents.

You’re with me?

Not so fast. Today, the judge is issuing a statement saying the DOJ made it's case to keep the Affidavit sealed, and it's unlikely that the Affidavit will be unsealed at this time.

Once the investigation is complete and charges are filed, then it will be appropriate for the Affidavit to be unsealed.
Um...here's the actual Order: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.617854/gov.uscourts.flsd.617854.80.0_2.pdf

"I therefore reject the Government’s argument that the present record justifies keeping the entire Affidavit under seal. In its Response, the Government asked that I give it an opportunity to propose redactions if I declined to seal the entire Affidavit. I granted that request and gave the Government a deadline of noon on Thursday, August 25, 2022. ECF No. 74. Accordingly, it is hereby ORDERED that by the deadline, the Government shall file under seal a submission addressing possible redactions and providing any additional evidence or legal argument that the Government believes relevant to the pending Motions to Unseal."

It will be unsealed....they can however redact some stuff, and have to submit that which they want redacted to the Court by noon on Thursday for the Court to review before anything is redacted

Sure, I want all the papers that were seized on the front page of every news outlet.…as well as the unredacted affadavit for the raid and all associated documents.

You’re with me?
I am.

It’s too bad that it’ll never happen because the government isn’t going to release highly classified documents.

I am.

It’s too bad that it’ll never happen because the government isn’t going to release highly classified documents.

Well, they should. We are the government.

We should know exactly what Trump had and we should know exactly what was in all documents related to the warrant.

Well, they should. We are the government.

We should know exactly what Trump had and we should know exactly what was in all documents related to the warrant.
I agree totally. Trump was hiding these documents from the people and we need to know why he wasn’t letting the people see them.

Unseal the whole damn thing. Like the far lefties always say, “Americans have the right to know!”

WE now live under a totalitarian Marxist dictatorship. THAT is what Trump tried to stop happening in 2020. The whole affidavit must be unsealed then reviewed totally by someone trustworthy with the necessary security clearance to tell us just how "justified" the raid really was.

I mean, just how many secrets can be on an affidavit if they allowed it to be read by a magistrate who approved it?! And if the affidavit was THAT specific, then why the need to search Trump's ENTIRE home for 9 hours?

The federal magistrate judge in Florida who approved the search of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago compound is lowering expectations about how much, if any, of the search warrant affidavit he'll ultimately release following a motion from media organizations seeking its disclosure.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart, in a written order Monday, noted the "intense public and historical interest in an unprecedented search of a former President’s residence," but said he still could ultimately conclude that it would be best not to release any of the affidavit because the redactions would render it meaningless.

Trump’s lawyers didn’t do anything to get it unsealed. They were completely silent.
Again: he didn’t oppose it, either.

It’s not his job to assist the partisan deep-state compromised DOJ in disseminating their smear job efforts against him.

Give honesty a try.

Then you should be glad they searched his house so that we can get access to those documents and see the malfeasance ourselves.
yeh, never mind it was an unlawful search

How would u feel .. or maybe I should say How WILL you feel (?) when/if these thugs busted into your home?

my guess is you wouldn't like it much

The federal magistrate judge in Florida who approved the search of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago compound is lowering expectations about how much, if any, of the search warrant affidavit he'll ultimately release following a motion from media organizations seeking its disclosure.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart, in a written order Monday, noted the "intense public and historical interest in an unprecedented search of a former President’s residence," but said he still could ultimately conclude that it would be best not to release any of the affidavit because the redactions would render it meaningless.

Reinhart also said in Monday's order that he remains confident in his decision to authorize the search warrant, having found "probable cause that evidence of multiple federal crimes would be found" at Mar-a-Lago, including obstructing an investigation.

"Having carefully reviewed the Affidavit before signing the Warrant, I was — and am — satisfied that the facts sworn by the affiant are reliable," Reinhart wrote.

WE now live under a totalitarian Marxist dictatorship. THAT is what Trump tried to stop happening in 2020. The whole affidavit must be unsealed then reviewed totally by someone trustworthy with the necessary security clearance to tell us just how "justified" the raid really was.

I mean, just how many secrets can be on an affidavit if they allowed it to be read by a magistrate who approved it?! And if the affidavit was THAT specific, then why the need to search Trump's ENTIRE home for 9 hours?
They were looking for Damning Evidence related to Operation Russian Collusion Crossfire Hurricane which President Trump and his lawyers were going to bury The FBI and DOJ with.

Everything else in the home was already going through the declassification process all president's go through.

yeh, never mind it was an unlawful search

How would u feel .. or maybe I should say How WILL you feel (?) when/if these thugs busted into your home?

my guess is you wouldn't like it much
Like they did to Breonna Taylor?

Forum List

Back