Breaking! Judge rules Trump protected by presidential immunity for claims doubting election while in office

You are talking about liable. Liable has a very, very high standard of proof. Not likely in this case. Who was harmed? No one. Biden is still President.
Apparently according to the claimant. They were hurt. Harassment I'm guessing based on Trump singling them out. Also, by the article, he only received immunity for 2 of the 3 cases filed against him. The third statement occurring after he left office.

I will not judge the likelihood of them prevailing simply because I don't have enough information atm to comment on it intelligently. But I do know enough about law to know that the first amendment isn't a blank check as you seemed to state in your first, (since amended) comment.

A big win for Trump. With this ruling setting precedent, you can kiss the Georgia case by Fanni Willis goodbye. Trump did nothing wrong in that case.

Doubting election results is one thing. Actively trying to get people to change the results is another.

It absolutely should! But Trump didn't stop with just that and the judge didn't rule for him on the rest of his criminal activities.

In any case, he has a lot more available escape routes out of trouble than just that!

The American system contains no mechanisms that can prevent a president from making the necessary laws, and then have a secured Scotus to interpret them to his needs!
what are you talking about? the American system doesn't allow the President to simply make laws.....

Apparently according to the claimant. They were hurt. Harassment I'm guessing based on Trump singling them out. Also, by the article, he only received immunity for 2 of the 3 cases filed against him. The third statement occurring after he left office.

I will not judge the likelihood of them prevailing simply because I don't have enough information atm to comment on it intelligently. But I do know enough about law to know that the first amendment isn't a blank check as you seemed to state in your first, (since amended) comment.
Harassment :laughing0301:
This is going nowhere. Again, liable standards are extremely high.

Why did you vote for Biden?

I didnt.

1638725466237-png.572103

No he isn't. If your saying something that you know to be false, that causes damages to another individual you aren't protected under the first amendment. Just ask Fox News.
So hillary saying that white women vote the way their husbands tell them to vote, she isn't protected by the first amendment?
Gee....where is the indictment?

Forum List

Back