Breaking News: Active Shooter at Redstone Arsenal - Huntsville, AL

Update, lifted restrictions. This was a possible active shooter in Sparkman complex. Threat is over.

Hopefully they just can't get service or evacuated without their cells. Prayers for them, Ringel. Keep us informed.
A little concerned, my brother, one of my nieces and an in-law work there.
keep us posted and we'll hope for the best for your family.
So far no updates from any family members. They have opened the gates both ways but the Sparkman Center is still locked down.

I guess part of the Sparkman complex off gate 1 still has some restrictions.

Waff-Email from building 5, most have been released, but 2nd floor seems to be the focus.

Gate 1 is now open as of 5 minutes ago, according to reporter

NO ACTIVE SHOOTER AND NO CASUALTIES. OFFICIAL PRESS BRIEF RIGHT NOW. EVERYTHING WAS A PRECAUTION.
Being investigated now. Instigated by two 911 calls this a.m. of a potential active shooter. That's all they know. No further explanation, but it's being investigated. EVERYTHING was precautionary.

I'll bet they can skip the drill tomorrow.

What a relief.

So, no active shooter, two 911calls from inside that first building, one reporting the sound of gunfire and one reporting a weapon seen. CID will handle it now.

Weird. The building had no outside visitors this morning, but they received 2 911 calls from within the building of someone with a gun, as well, as shots fired. They have found no evidence of such occurring, and there is now an active criminal investigation.

They are skipping it. They stated this gave them enough info that one would not be necessary.
NO ACTIVE SHOOTER AND NO CASUALTIES. OFFICIAL PRESS BRIEF RIGHT NOW. EVERYTHING WAS A PRECAUTION.
Being investigated now. Instigated by two 911 calls this a.m. of a potential active shooter. That's all they know. No further explanation, but it's being investigated. EVERYTHING was precautionary.

I'll bet they can skip the drill tomorrow.

What a relief.

Did you all ever get in touch with your family members?
So, no active shooter, two 911calls from inside that first building, one reporting the sound of gunfire and one reporting a weapon seen. CID will handle it now.

Not the ones there yet but that's not surprising, heck my brother might have been off doing his job elsewhere, he travels a lot in his position sometimes out of country.

Oh and I just thought about it........ We can get a conspiracy theory going about this incident. Let's say the Command wanted to assess response under real world conditions and set the whole thing up....... :eusa_whistle:

We'll be famous......... Not....... :lol:

Forum List

Back