Breaking News: New CPI inflation report lowest since 2021

When people cut expenses by spending less on things, naturally the cost of those things will equal less of earned income than before.

People are trying to spin this as a positive. It isn't. This only shows people trying to regulate their spending.
This is of course utter nonsense.

In fact, savings are down.

What happened for the last three years? Is it possible that the Biden administration is manipulating the inflation rates for political gain? Does it mean there will be less focus on the "green agenda" until after the election?

Then you're daft. No, lower savings does not mean Americans are saving more instead of spending.
I didn't say anything about them trying to save more money. How can they with the cost of necessities as high as they are? I said they are saving less because they are spending more. They spend more, thus they save less. That speaks ill of the economic model you espouse. That means whatever they were buying, namely groceries, become a lesser driver of their spending than before.

You, unsurprisingly, have no clue.

Ooof...

1000002867.png

Right now the markets (subject to change) have 25bps pretty much baked in, but they're very shaky. I can't say whether 25 or 50 would definitely be better, but with the market running on pure emotion for the last 15 years or so, a panicky move would probably be a bad idea.

Personally, from a pure analytical level, I'm not even convinced we actually need 25. But it's baked in now.

I remember getting 5.00% for clients in their freakin' money market accounts before the Meltdown, so I kinda like where we are now on rates.
Zero basis for my opinion here but i like 4.5-4.75% for the optics of starting with a 4. I think it psychologically just reads better. Kind of like people price shit at $4.99 instead of $5.

Down to 2.5%, and 0.2% month over month.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/09/11/cpi-inflation-fed-rates/

Inflation eased again in August, cementing expectations that the Federal Reserve is setto cut interest rates next week for the first time since the pandemic’s early days.

Data released Wednesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed prices climbed 2.5 percent in the 12 months ending in August. That was a noticeable improvement over the 2.9 percent notched in July, in part because of falling gas prices. Prices also climbed 0.2 percent over the previous month.

Strong employment numbers, CPI at 2.5%. The U.S. oil production at an all time high Seems Bidenomics does work.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back