Breaking News: New CPI inflation report lowest since 2021

Of course, with miniscule return on investment there is little incentive to save combine this with the non stop dollar devaluation and there is no value in savings.

One can still get over 5% on a money market account

By no means am I cheering this. I am not a leftist cheering these spun-up numbers. The left is in total, utter denial that their policies have caused economic hardship for millions of Americans.

Keep praying to your god the Govt and maybe they will swoop in and save you.

By no means am I cheering this. I am not a leftist cheering these spun-up numbers. The left is in total, utter denial that their policies have caused economic hardship for millions of Americans.
There were lots of hands in that pie. Started back in 2000. It's a fraudulent system. It will eventually fail in a spectacular fashion. May God help us all when it does.

What is the minimum amount to purchase?
The boomer in me remembers putting a little bit aside in a savings account every payday. This was back when 3 - 5% was the norm for such things.
MMAs are great things, I don't deny it.

1k, but there is no time frame it has to be kept in.

We always keep a rainy day fund and have it mixed between MMs and CDs. Been a nice few years for those. Might grab a couple more CDs before the rates come down

Keep praying to your god the Govt and maybe they will swoop in and save you.
If you must know, I'm autistic. My grandmother is elderly. She earned her Social Security, paid into it, even. She also has a pension, too. I had to prove that my autism stopped me from holding down a job. I did and got my income from the government.

Combined we earn $4200 a month. After bills, we're down to about 1700. Given I have to pay almost 100 to 150 each time for groceries and necessities, that 1700 is nearly gone by the end of the month. I have to skimp out on good meals between me and her. Sandwiches, soups, and crackers, when we're not getting a cheap meal from Chick-fil-A or Burger King.

I don't want the government to "swoop in and save" me. I want them to back out of regulating costs through variable taxation and simply introduce a flat tax for every state.

It is not foolish, it is a tad past due even.
It was a bad idea in 2000 and it's a bad idea now. It literally destroys the wealth of the previous generation. When the cost of money is low the price of tangible items inflates. That's a fundamental economic principle.

You clearly don't pay attention to the prices of the things you buy every month. Those of us who have to pinch every penny do.

The inflation is real, whether you like it or not.

Inflation SHOULD be real - 2% is considered ideal by the Fed for healthy economy and we are at 2.5%

If you must know, I'm autistic. My grandmother is elderly. She earned her Social Security, paid into it, even. She also has a pension, too. I had to prove that my autism stopped me from holding down a job. I did and got my income from the government.

Not trying to be too much of an asshole, but lots of people with autism have jobs. Depending on the type they can be amazing with numbers.

I don't want the government to "swoop in and save" me. I want them to back out of regulating costs through variable taxation and simply introduce a flat tax for every state.

Have you ever voted for anyone that tried to do this?

It was a bad idea in 2000 and it's a bad idea now. It literally destroys the wealth of the previous generation. When the cost of money is low the price of tangible items inflates. That's a fundamental economic principle.

It was kept too low after 2000 that is for sure. it should have been raised long before it was. By that same vein it does not need to be as high as it is now.

Down to 2.5%, and 0.2% month over month.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/09/11/cpi-inflation-fed-rates/

Inflation eased again in August, cementing expectations that the Federal Reserve is setto cut interest rates next week for the first time since the pandemic’s early days.

Data released Wednesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed prices climbed 2.5 percent in the 12 months ending in August. That was a noticeable improvement over the 2.9 percent notched in July, in part because of falling gas prices. Prices also climbed 0.2 percent over the previous month.
1.6% when Trump left office.

:oops8: :oops8: :oops8: :oops8: :oops8:

Forum List

Back