Breaking News: New CPI inflation report lowest since 2021

Inflation is still way up. We can see through your gaslighting and govt continually lying. Go sell your lies elsewhere.
You guys are silly. Your life is better than it was in 2019 except for you liked Trump tweeting from inside the white house vs from maralago. As a nation we are much better off now. People are still butt hurt over the covid disruption though and I am guessing some of you will never get over it.

Twisted terrorist democrats will continue to lie and lie and lie and tell you that your earnings are up and prices are down and you are just lying about it.

Democrat fabrication is just getting out of hand.

The fact they tried to change the definition of inflation....I remember

Yeah, so far so good.

They fucked up going into it by waiting FAR too long to increase them in 2020, so this would be nice.

I would like to have seen a .50 cut, but .25 with two more in 2024 might be the right way to go.

So far the markets are not very happy about the .25, but they seem to be turning so who knows.

Down to 2.5%, and 0.2% month over month.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/09/11/cpi-inflation-fed-rates/

Inflation eased again in August, cementing expectations that the Federal Reserve is setto cut interest rates next week for the first time since the pandemic’s early days.

Data released Wednesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed prices climbed 2.5 percent in the 12 months ending in August. That was a noticeable improvement over the 2.9 percent notched in July, in part because of falling gas prices. Prices also climbed 0.2 percent over the previous month.
More lies from the government. Their very own report factors out food and energy costs. Seems like I remember having to pay for both food and energy, as ALL Americans do. Yes, let's factor out all of the rising costs and then claim inflation is licked.

Yeah, so far so good.

They fucked up going into it by waiting FAR too long to increase them in 2020, so this would be nice.
I am on the fence there. At the end of the day they had the best economy in the world and no amount of rate increases would have offset the lack of microchip production or car assemblies or house building or lumber production. I think maybe suffering through it may have been the only way. Especially with those low wage earner increases being so high. Like I said, not sure.

Down to 2.5%, and 0.2% month over month.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/09/11/cpi-inflation-fed-rates/

Inflation eased again in August, cementing expectations that the Federal Reserve is setto cut interest rates next week for the first time since the pandemic’s early days.

Data released Wednesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed prices climbed 2.5 percent in the 12 months ending in August. That was a noticeable improvement over the 2.9 percent notched in July, in part because of falling gas prices. Prices also climbed 0.2 percent over the previous month.
I will not be surprised if the dems start signing Happy Days

This is where you are wrong. I have had to worry about added cost, I have had to choose between food or insulin for my 10 year old diabetic son. I have eaten popcorn for dinner so that my kids would have enough real food to eat.

To think, Kamala could have done something about both of those things in the past 3 1/2 years, but she didn't. Blame her, blame Biden. And you're probably sitting there thinking she'll do something about it if she's elected.

You guys are silly. Your life is better than it was in 2019 except for you liked Trump tweeting from inside the white house vs from maralago. As a nation we are much better off now. People are still butt hurt over the covid disruption though and I am guessing some of you will never get over it.

^^Definitely jim jones material^^ The country is worse off now vs 2020. That's not even up for debate.

To think, Kamala could have done something about both of those things in the past 3 1/2 years, but she didn't. Blame her, blame Biden. And you're probably sitting there thinking she'll do something about it if she's elected.

This is the problem with people like you, you are sitting there waiting for the Govt to make your life better instead of doing it yourself.

We thrived under the last few years of Obama, we thrived under Trump and we thrived under Biden as our success is not tied to the resident of the White House.

This is what you need to do as well if you wish to thrive in this country, quit waiting for the Govt and better your situation.

my earnings have more than surpassed any added cost since 2020

Yes, the prices went up, inflation was high for a while. It is now slowing ,this is a good thing for most people.

Prices are not going to come back down, they never do after a bout with inflation.

Most people's earnings have lowered while prices, rent, living has tripled.

Know your place.

You have no right to tell anyone when they have or have not been better off. You know nothing of their financial situations. What's affordable for you may not be for someone else.

I would like to have seen a .50 cut, but .25 with two more in 2024 might be the right way to go.

So far the markets are not very happy about the .25, but they seem to be turning so who knows.
I am on the fence there. At the end of the day they had the best economy in the world and no amount of rate increases would have offset the lack of microchip production or car assemblies or house building or lumber production. I think maybe suffering through it may have been the only way. Especially with those low wage earner increases being so high. Like I said, not sure.
Right now the markets (subject to change) have 25bps pretty much baked in, but they're very shaky. I can't say whether 25 or 50 would definitely be better, but with the market running on pure emotion for the last 15 years or so, a panicky move would probably be a bad idea.

Personally, from a pure analytical level, I'm not even convinced we actually need 25. But it's baked in now.

I remember getting 5.00% for clients in their freakin' money market accounts before the Meltdown, so I kinda like where we are now on rates.

This is the problem with people like you, you are sitting there waiting for the Govt to make your life better instead of doing it yourself.
No, and thus you are likewise wrong.

The problem is that the government is paying with money it doesn't have. I am cursing it for making the prices of family necessities higher. For doing nothing to help drop prices for those things.

Forum List

Back