Breaking news: The Russians asked for a secured line, not Kushner

Hey somethings wrong here. I remember that the USA and Russia or the old USSR had a red phone in case a incident that occurred and that the President or Russian President could notifier the other party of what happen and stop a Nuke from being fired. Is this the case or am I just flashing brain cells down the drain.

The red phone is something from Dr. Strangelove, or other movies, it never existed in real life. Instead there has always been a text (not voice) connection between the pentagons war room, and moscow.

I don't pretend to know what to believe from these stories. This latest source is interesting mostly in the sense that it backs up story that there was something going on between Kushner and the Russians.

Yep, the Russians brought it up once and it was for a single-time use. It was never put through. And it was after the election was over, and all of this investigating was supposed to be over tampering with the election. If it wasn't all so stupid and twisted, it might be funny.
Benghazi

According to a Fox News report from an unnamed source, it was not Kushner who broached the idea of a secured line to Moscow, but the Russians. Which kinda puts a little different spin on this whole imbroglio, which actually isn't a big deal in the 1st place considering how much information is being leaked to the media these days.

Yeah, I get it, unnamed source and a Fox News story. But the WaPo story is based on an anonymous letter; neither story has anything to confirm or deny any part of this incident. It's not like anyone with an ounce of integrity can say which story is right.

Jared Kushner didn't suggest Russian communications channel in meeting, source says
Hey somethings wrong here. I remember that the USA and Russia or the old USSR had a red phone in case a incident that occurred and that the President or Russian President could notifier the other party of what happen and stop a Nuke from being fired. Is this the case or am I just flashing brain cells down the drain.

Yeah, sparky, but Trump wasn't president at the time this event happened. He didn't have access to the "red phone"...

Link? Show me a credible report that says Kushner agreed to that. From what I read, nothing came of that discussion.

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

Link? Show me a credible report that says Kushner agreed to that. From what I read, nothing came of that discussion.

Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

Oh, so now we're trusting the Russians are we? These guys have been fucking with us all along and you're willing to accept whatever they say as gospel if it makes Trump or in this case Kushner look bad. And it was for pre-inauguration discussions, so why is that a problem?

According to a Fox News report from an unnamed source, it was not Kushner who broached the idea of a secured line to Moscow, but the Russians. Which kinda puts a little different spin on this whole imbroglio, which actually isn't a big deal in the 1st place considering how much information is being leaked to the media these days.

Yeah, I get it, unnamed source and a Fox News story. But the WaPo story is based on an anonymous letter; neither story has anything to confirm or deny any part of this incident. It's not like anyone with an ounce of integrity can say which story is right.

Jared Kushner didn't suggest Russian communications channel in meeting, source says

Fake news, Trump said it was fake news, so it's fake news what you've just said.

Using the communications gear of the enemy for classified communications is a violation of a shitload of laws.

Did that happen? And what laws are you referring to?

Conspiracy to, or attempted to. They don't have to wait for you to disclose classified information to make the charge.

This is unmitigated and unsubstantiated bullshit. You have absolutely NOTHING to support a charge of conspiracy or an attempt to disclose classified information.

Actually this makes it even worse for Kushner. It means he was in a meeting with the Russian ambassador, who said "I have an idea, why don't you use the communication equipment in the Russian embassy". And Kushner agreed to it.

ZERO + INFINITY still equals ZERO. Makes "it even worse?" You must be smoking your mattress stuffings.

Sorry, but ZERO + INFINITY IS INFINITY

ZERO X INFINITY IS ZERO.

Who gives a shit which story is right. There was nothing wrong or illegal about discussing lines of communication. It's just that simple.

Using the communications gear of the enemy for classified communications is a violation of a shitload of laws.

Who says that back channel would be used to pass classified data?
I wonder what happened to the Red Phone that was in the Oval office from Nixon to Clinton.....Could be the Clinton's packed it up with the other stuff they took with them, I suppose.

Oh, so now we're trusting the Russians are we? These guys have been fucking with us all along and you're willing to accept whatever they say as gospel if it makes Trump or in this case Kushner look bad. And it was for pre-inauguration discussions, so why is that a problem?

When Trump got the nomination, he started receiving presidential level classified briefings. So even before the inauguration Trump received the same briefings as the president. And as far as trusting the Russians, isn't that was Trump was advocating, and Kushner was attempting to implement?

Fake news, Trump said it was fake news, so it's fake news what you've just said.

My point is that it's ALL fake news, the bullshit story about collusion, the bullshit story about Kushner and this secured line to the Kremlin. There is not one bit of actual proof to back ANY of this shit up. And yet we have liberal left assholes hollering long and loud about impeachment. You guys and your cohorts in the media are a total disgrace; your undying hatred for Trump has pretty much blinded you to honest reason.

So you don't believe anything unless Trump says it? But Trump lies. Or changes his story.

He says that the leakers should be prosecuted but then he says the leaks are lies and fake news. If the leaks aren't true, then how can the leakers be prosecuted?

When Trump got the nomination, he started receiving presidential level classified briefings. So even before the inauguration Trump received the same briefings as the president. And as far as trusting the Russians, isn't that was Trump was advocating, and Kushner was attempting to implement?

Don't know, and I don't think most of us do either. What I do think is that there are many on the Left who are a little too willing to assume the worst, and without anything to base that assumption on. NOTHING. Maybe Trump was trying to start a little detente thing going, first the carrot and then the stick if you have to use it. I dunno.

My point is that it's ALL fake news, the bullshit story about collusion, the bullshit story about Kushner and this secured line to the Kremlin. There is not one bit of actual proof to back ANY of this shit up. .

The problem is that all the proof you want, and claim doesn't exist, is way above your pay grade. Most of it is Top Secret// ELINT

Maybe Trump was trying to start a little detente thing going, first the carrot and then the stick if you have to use it. I dunno.

Then I ask you, how was that supposed to happen using the russian embassy's communication equipment. Would Trump go to the embassy, or would he send somebody like kushner or fynn to the embassy to make the call to moscow?

Just what would be the logistics of using the foreign communications gear?

My point is that it's ALL fake news, the bullshit story about collusion, the bullshit story about Kushner and this secured line to the Kremlin. There is not one bit of actual proof to back ANY of this shit up. .

The problem is that all the proof you want, and claim doesn't exist, is way above your pay grade. Most of it is Top Secret// ELINT

Which means you have no proof either. IOW, you are running your mouth making unfounded accusations based on nothing but a bad attitude and a poor opinion on the President. So here's my question for you: Do you think all this pissing and moaning about Trump with nothing but an unnamed source or an anonymous letter helps or hurts the country?

Forum List

Back