Breaking news: The Russians asked for a secured line, not Kushner

Maybe Trump was trying to start a little detente thing going, first the carrot and then the stick if you have to use it. I dunno.

Then I ask you, how was that supposed to happen using the russian embassy's communication equipment. Would Trump go to the embassy, or would he send somebody like kushner or fynn to the embassy to make the call to moscow?

Just what would be the logistics of using the foreign communications gear?

Uh, whut? Your argument just left the tracks and I have no idea how anything of this is germane to our discussion.

The problem is that all the proof you want, and claim doesn't exist, is way above your pay grade. Most of it is Top Secret// ELINT

Which means you have no proof either. IOW, you are running your mouth making unfounded accusations based on nothing but a bad attitude and a poor opinion on the President.

Apparently you were never military. Or you would be familiar with people with higher security clearances telling you things, that they couldn't show you the classified sources of. In this case, confirmations came from those who saw the information, but can't share the sources and methods.

Link? Show me a credible report that says Kushner agreed to that. From what I read, nothing came of that discussion.

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.
And the problem with communicating with a fo4rign government would be?

I swear that the left has suddenly become isolationists.

Uh, whut? Your argument just left the tracks and I have no idea how anything of this is germane to our discussion.

I'm granting the desire for a secret back channel with the russians. So i'm asking you how that would come about by using the communications gear of the russian embassy.

You have to tell me how that would work. Would the president to to the russian embassy to use it, or send kushner or flynn, or somebody to the embassy?

My point is that it's ALL fake news, the bullshit story about collusion, the bullshit story about Kushner and this secured line to the Kremlin. There is not one bit of actual proof to back ANY of this shit up. .

The problem is that all the proof you want, and claim doesn't exist, is way above your pay grade. Most of it is Top Secret// ELINT
In other words, no proof.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

And the problem with communicating with a fo4rign government would be?

I swear that the left has suddenly become isolationists.

I'm granting you the communications. I'm asking how Kushner and or the Russian ambassador agreeing to use the communication gear in the russian embassy. I'm asking how they proposed to actually use them.

Would Trump go to the embassy, or send one of his aides?

According to a Fox News report from an unnamed source, it was not Kushner who broached the idea of a secured line to Moscow, but the Russians. Which kinda puts a little different spin on this whole imbroglio, which actually isn't a big deal in the 1st place considering how much information is being leaked to the media these days.

Yeah, I get it, unnamed source and a Fox News story. But the WaPo story is based on an anonymous letter; neither story has anything to confirm or deny any part of this incident. It's not like anyone with an ounce of integrity can say which story is right.

Jared Kushner didn't suggest Russian communications channel in meeting, source says

Fake news, Trump said it was fake news, so it's fake news what you've just said.

My point is that it's ALL fake news, the bullshit story about collusion, the bullshit story about Kushner and this secured line to the Kremlin. There is not one bit of actual proof to back ANY of this shit up. And yet we have liberal left assholes hollering long and loud about impeachment. You guys and your cohorts in the media are a total disgrace; your undying hatred for Trump has pretty much blinded you to honest reason.

It's fake news because you've decided it is so. Not because you know.

We all know Trump comes out with "fake news" every god damn fucking time anything appears that is inconvenient for him.

Lots of people are saying what a great thing a backchannel with the russians would be. My questinon is how this would be accomplished by using the Russian embassy communication gear? Just who would go to the embassy to use it?

Which means you have no proof either. IOW, you are running your mouth making unfounded accusations based on nothing but a bad attitude and a poor opinion on the President.

Apparently you were never military. Or you would be familiar with people with higher security clearances telling you things, that they couldn't show you the classified sources of. In this case, confirmations came from those who saw the information, but can't share the sources and methods.

Apparently you weren't in the military either, if I don't have a high enough clearance AND I don't have a need to know whatever it is then I cannot be told anything about that information, much less gain access to it. Those people with the higher clearance cannot confirm or share ANYTHING related to the data, not even it's existence. And frankly I wouldn't even ask, that's a good way to get the OSI on your ass.

Dude, did you not see my avi? I am a retired USAF Chief, and I handled classified information up to and including Top Secret for a number of years when I wore the uniform, and I'm pretty sure those rules haven't changed. So - if somebody with a high enough clearance confirmed anything to somebody else who didn't have the required clearance and the need to know it then that action is illegal. And the leaker should be brought justice.

According to a Fox News report from an unnamed source, it was not Kushner who broached the idea of a secured line to Moscow, but the Russians. Which kinda puts a little different spin on this whole imbroglio, which actually isn't a big deal in the 1st place considering how much information is being leaked to the media these days.

Actually this makes it even worse for Kushner. It means he was in a meeting with the Russian ambassador, who said "I have an idea, why don't you use the communication equipment in the Russian embassy". And Kushner agreed to it.

ZERO + INFINITY still equals ZERO. Makes "it even worse?" You must be smoking your mattress stuffings.

Sorry, but ZERO + INFINITY IS INFINITY

ZERO X INFINITY IS ZERO.

ZERO X INFINITY is actually inconclusive... Where did ye guys goto school...

Yeah, I get it, unnamed source and a Fox News story. But the WaPo story is based on an anonymous letter; neither story has anything to confirm or deny any part of this incident. It's not like anyone with an ounce of integrity can say which story is right.

Jared Kushner didn't suggest Russian communications channel in meeting, source says

Fake news, Trump said it was fake news, so it's fake news what you've just said.

My point is that it's ALL fake news, the bullshit story about collusion, the bullshit story about Kushner and this secured line to the Kremlin. There is not one bit of actual proof to back ANY of this shit up. And yet we have liberal left assholes hollering long and loud about impeachment. You guys and your cohorts in the media are a total disgrace; your undying hatred for Trump has pretty much blinded you to honest reason.

It's fake news because you've decided it is so. Not because you know.

We all know Trump comes out with "fake news" every god damn fucking time anything appears that is inconvenient for him.

So an unnamed source say "X" about Kushner and an anonymous letter says "Y" about Kushner but one is fake and the other isn't? That's bullshit dude.

I'm granting the desire for a secret back channel with the russians. So i'm asking you how that would come about by using the communications gear of the russian embassy.

You have to tell me how that would work. Would the president to to the russian embassy to use it, or send kushner or flynn, or somebody to the embassy?

I don't know how it would work and what the hell difference would it make?

Apparently you weren't in the military either, if I don't have a high enough clearance AND I don't have a need to know whatever it is then I cannot be told anything about that information, much less gain access to it. Those people with the higher clearance cannot confirm or share ANYTHING related to the data, not even it's existence. And frankly I wouldn't even ask, that's a good way to get the OSI on your ass.

In the Iraq war, tank crews were constantly being given enemy positions, without being given the source of that information. Everybody receives derrived intel, but are not privy to any PROOF of that information.

I'm going beyond the concept of a back channel, and looking at it from the standpoint of how would the one that kushner attempted to set up by using the equipment in the russian embassy actually work? Could it even work? Just who would be the one going to the Russian embassy to send a message, and exactly who would they be communicating with?

In the Iraq war, tank crews were constantly being given enemy positions, without being given the source of that information. Everybody receives derrived intel, but are not privy to any PROOF of that information.

LOL, I suspect the guys in those tanks were probably cleared high enough to be told where the enemy was so they could blow their asses up. And I'm pretty sure they had a need to know.

ZERO X INFINITY is actually inconclusive... Where did ye guys goto school...

The better question is where did you? ANY NUMBER multiplied by zero still equals zero no matter how large, even if it is unknown. Let infinity equal Z. 0 times Z = 0.

The whole point was to say that if you start with a case with no evidence then add more circumstantial claims to it, you still have no case, not an even bigger one.

NO CASE AGAINST KUSHNER.

NO CASE AGAINST TRUMP.

You'd be better off chasing after 4-leaf clovers and unicorns (kinda what the democratically-operated media already does).

Using the communications gear of the enemy for classified communications is a violation of a shitload of laws.

Did that happen? And what laws are you referring to?

Conspiracy to, or attempted to. They don't have to wait for you to disclose classified information to make the charge.

So you don't know if it happened or not?

Do you want to know who actually committed the crime of releasing classified information, can you say the traitor that leaked the conversation?

There is no crime of talking about a line of communication, especially by a guy who was designated by a president elect to establish such lines of communications with foreign nations.

I'm going beyond the concept of a back channel, and looking at it from the standpoint of how would the one that kushner attempted to set up by using the equipment in the russian embassy actually work? Could it even work? Just who would be the one going to the Russian embassy to send a message, and exactly who would they be communicating with?

It's very doubtful that any of us will ever know the answers to your questions. Doesn't seem germane to what we're talking about though.

Forum List

Back