Breaking News: U.S. Supreme Court Stops Gay Marriage In Utah

"...Civil unions would be fine...if they applied to everyone gay or straight. Legal marriage for you and civil union for me is unconstitutional."
Who knows. Perhaps the 97% will amend the Constitution or otherwise render homosexuality as (constitutionally) illegal and therefore negate the present argument, if you push 'em too far.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

There isn't a will. Try Russia
Agreed.

The will isn't there.

However, given the massive backlash evident in the last two big PR disasters for the Gay Lobby (Chick-Fil-A in 2012 and A&E in 2013), I would not push the 97% too much further...

Continued arrogance and attempts to demonize the Opposition, on the part of the Gay Lobby, will not serve your cause well...

Last edited:
Who knows. Perhaps the 97% will amend the Constitution or otherwise render homosexuality as (constitutionally) illegal and therefore negate the present argument, if you push 'em too far.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Agreed.

The will isn't there.

However, given the massive backlash evident in the last two big PR disasters for the Gay Lobby (Chick-Fil-A in 2012 and A&E in 2013), I would not push the 97% too much further...

Continued arrogance and attempts to demonize the Opposition, on the part of the Gay Lobby, will not serve your cause well...

Hmmm...you must be a man...intentionally misleading regarding size...not to mention breadth.

Where does the Constitution list these "protected qualifiers"?

>>>>

Race – Civil Rights Act of 1964
Color – Civil Rights Act of 1964
Religion – Civil Rights Act of 1964
National origin – Civil Rights Act of 1964
Age (40 and over) – Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Sex – Equal Pay Act of 1963 and Civil Rights Act of 1964
Pregnancy – Pregnancy Discrimination Act
Citizenship – Immigration Reform and Control Act
Familial status – Civil Rights Act of 1968 Title VIII: Housing cannot discriminate for having children, with an exception for senior housing
Disability status – Vocational Rehabilitation and Other Rehabilitation Services of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
Veteran status – Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
Genetic information – Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act

Oh you mean these "protected qualifiers" - they aren't in the Constitution?

BTW - Check Romer v. Evans, Colorado tried to pass discriminatory law against homosexuals. How'd that work out?

>>>>

I am not certain not being in the Constitution makes them less law.

Windsor could have been a shut and close case due to Romer.

However Windsor affirmed the right to determine marriage is the purview of the State.

However, given the massive backlash evident in the last two big PR disasters for the Gay Lobby (Chick-Fil-A in 2012 and A&E in 2013), I would not push the 97% too much further......[/SIZE]

That's a PC reactionary right poo statement: assertion fertilized with poo.

Even Utah is split 48/48 on the issue, when it had almost a 2/3ds majority anti-samesex marriage only a few years ago. Utah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Entertainment, Business - The Salt Lake Tribune

The massive backlash is overwhelming the heterosexual marriage only crowd.

Agreed.

The will isn't there.

Hmmm...you must be a man...intentionally misleading regarding size...not to mention breadth.
Hmmm...you must be a militant feminist female... always got to have the last word, and always trying to bash men in the process.

If you have any objections concerning the 3% Gay, 97% Straight demographic, take it up with the folks who do the polls and studies... nothing to do with me... just the facts.

LGBT demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
However, given the massive backlash evident in the last two big PR disasters for the Gay Lobby (Chick-Fil-A in 2012 and A&E in 2013), I would not push the 97% too much further......[/SIZE]

Even Utah is split 48/48 on the issue, when it had almost a 2/3ds majority anti-samesex marriage only a few years ago. Utah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Entertainment, Business - The Salt Lake Tribune

You go right ahead and continue deluding yourself that slanted polls are telling you the truth.

I'll rely more upon people voting with their dollars and strong push-back on a variety of social media for my own set of bearings.

The longer you delude yourself, the harder the fall, when the pushback becomes sufficient so that you can no longer ignore or deny its scope.

You go right ahead and continue deluding yourself that slanted polls are telling you the truth.

I'll rely more upon people voting with their dollars and strong push-back on a variety of social media for my own set of bearings.

The longer you delude yourself, the harder the fall, when the pushback becomes sufficient so that you can no longer ignore or deny its scope.
Yes, everything that has been created or pushed has been within a PC environment (bubble) that was created by way of the misusage of power in this nation. It has never represented the will of the majority, and it still doesn't to this day. As more and more reality shows become popular in this nation, it is showing more and more that people are not on board with the things that was once perceived they were thought to agree with or to be on board with, and the reason they were being perceived to agree was all due to the denial of access to the truth of these matters by having a fair and just consensus taken, and also due to the feds rogue judges making it appear as if they had to agree because they were wrong on such matters, when in fact they weren't. It has been a planned out systematic take over of the American society against it's will, and the perception that was created is that the majority were on board with all these things, when in fact it never was the whole time. Now the Duck Dynasty show in which has become very popular in the new movement of the nation, worried the hec out of those who have been a part of this changing of the nation by way of activism instead of consensus, and so they sent their attack dogs to bring the show down is what I think were their hopes, but it back fired on them just like it did with the Chic-fi-la debacle in which they got mad about also. Anywhere they find a positive message that doesn't go along with their message and plans, then they attack or set someone up to be attacked is what I am seeing lately. Hey maybe it's their time to sit back and accept change, but you all know that isn't going to happen don't you ? They expected us to, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, just watch how they react or what they will do to keep their message as thee message above all other messages that are out there. Many compromises have been suggested or made on these things, but it is never enough with these people, because they have an agenda, and that agenda won't do compromises, yet they expect everyone else to compromise for them.

Last edited:

Son, you are spreading that reactionary poo again, and all you have is false, smelly propaganda.

You are deluded. The pushback has failed for you. Now it is only down hill for the far right reactionary social cons. It's over.

Speaking of "filled with poo", those statistics are complete BS. Given the popularity of Chick Fil A, and Duck Dynasty over A & E, wow. Just wow.

The same load of "poo" was shoveled out just prior to Prop 8 passing handily in California. Gay internet propaganda artists [blatant liars posing as speaking for statisticians] assured everyone they should just support gay marriage in California because Prop 8 was "unpopular" and it was going to go down like big dog. Then it won handily...lol..

The magicians at the head of the rainbow propaganda machine have employed "fake it till you make it" quite well over the last decade or so. Only Chick-Fil-A, Prop 8 & the Duck Dynasty sort of pulled the wool off of that charade.

48% split opinion in Utah on gay marriage eh? LOL! Have you actually BEEN to Utah?? What, did they take that poll in some blue bar on the outskirts of Salt Lake's forbidden district? Well technically they WERE from Utah...

...lol.. "Fake it till you make it". My motto is "the buck stops here".

48% split opinion in Utah on gay marriage eh? LOL! Have you actually BEEN to Utah??

I live in downtown SLC, you reactionary poo flinger, only five blocks above Temple Square. I graduated from Utah State a lifetime ago.

Read the Salt Lake Tribune edition today, dear. It is 48 to 48 and slipping away from the dominant culture, because its youth, particularly the females, are realizing much of it is nonsense and denies the reality of the Savior and his reason for coming to the Earth.

Here is the best advice, sil, you will get this year: you work on your behavior, particularly toward your neighbor, and let Jesus worry about the rest. Do that, and you will be fine.

Love yourself, and you will learn to love your neighbor.

Last edited:
Agreed.

The will isn't there.

Hmmm...you must be a militant feminist female... always got to have the last word, and always trying to bash men in the process.

If you have any objections concerning the 3% Gay, 97% Straight demographic, take it up with the folks who do the polls and studies... nothing to do with me... just the facts.

LGBT demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you know what the Jewish demographic in Germany was?

48% split opinion in Utah on gay marriage eh? LOL! Have you actually BEEN to Utah??

I live in downtowns SLC, you reactionary poo flinger, only five blocks from Temple Square. I graduated from Utah State a lifetime ago.

Read the Salt Lake Tribune edition today, dear. It is 48 to 48 and slipping away from the dominant culture, because its youth, particularly the females, are realizing much of it is nonsense and denies the reality of the Savior and his reason for coming to the Earth.

Here is the best advice, sil, you will get this year: you work on your behavior, particularly toward your neighbor, and let Jesus worry about the rest. Do that, and you will be fine.

Your threatening tone is noted.

As to what the Savior says about homosexuality and enabling it with your vote:

Jude 1:

...3. Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5. I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities....

..14. And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15. To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16. These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17. But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18. How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit...

..21. Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22. And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23. And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1 KJV - Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and - Bible Gateway

I live in downtown SLC, you reactionary poo flinger, only five blocks above Temple Square. I graduated from Utah State a lifetime ago.

Even Hitler was a great propagandist, along with all that he employed to do his take over with him, but we see how all that went now don't we ? Taking over a populous or population against it's will, is a failed idea and strategy in the end, and it has been proven through out time now, but it matters not to these new activist who want to try it again, and this no matter what the history is or has shown to be on these types of things.

I live in downtowns SLC, you reactionary poo flinger, only five blocks from Temple Square. I graduated from Utah State a lifetime ago.

Your threatening tone is noted.

As to what the Savior says about homosexuality and enabling it with your vote:

You clown, what threatening tone? You have been corrected and also given good advice. However, in your passive aggressive way, you are trying to threaten me. Foolish.

Jesus never spoke on the issue, and only the minority of Christians who are heretics believe in biblical literalism. In other words, the writers are writing for themselves, not Jesus.

Even Hitler was a great propagandist, along with all that he employed to do his take over with him, but we see how all that went now don't we ? Taking over a populous or population against it's will, is a failed idea and strategy in the end, and it has been proven through out time now, but it matters not to these new activist who want to try it again, and this no matter what the history is or has shown to be on these types of things.

What a false reactionary righty piece of poo by Beagle.

The population is not being taken over against its will. You have every right to believe and teach what you want.

What is happening is that you are failing.

Son, you are spreading that reactionary poo again, and all you have is false, smelly propaganda.

You are deluded. The pushback has failed for you. Now it is only down hill for the far right reactionary social cons. It's over.
Suit yourself.

You've been warned (that Gay Rights advances are not yet secure, and that changes may be coming after January 20, 2017, and that the arrogance and attempts at browbeating of opposition by the Gay Lobby are now backfiring on it).

Go right ahead and continue to ignore the warning signs.

Your choice.

Doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Other than paving the way for a good belly-laugh when I-Told-You-So Day arrives.

Last edited:
This is indeed great news to hear. I am glad the SCOTUS stepped in and overruled a radical judge's ruling. Gay marriage should not be tolerated in the United States since it is a abomination. What we all should be promoting is the traditional marriage between man and woman. This is a win for moral family values and common decency.

I wonder if they eat shrimp cocktails or wear polyester in Utah -- two other Abominations according to old book of Jewish tribal law called Leviticus.

Interesting how "Christians" ignore all the rules about treatment of slaves and women, dietary and gardening rules imposed by God…. Conservative "Christians" just cling to the one mention of homosexuality.

Why is that?

Leviticus is also pretty clear on all pagan practices, yet those Christians love their winter solstice trees, Easter eggs, and wedding bands. Pagans all!!

This is indeed great news to hear. I am glad the SCOTUS stepped in and overruled a radical judge's ruling. Gay marriage should not be tolerated in the United States since it is a abomination. What we all should be promoting is the traditional marriage between man and woman. This is a win for moral family values and common decency.

I wonder if they eat shrimp cocktails or wear polyester in Utah -- two other Abominations according to old book of Jewish tribal law called Leviticus.

Interesting how "Christians" ignore all the rules about treatment of slaves and women, dietary and gardening rules imposed by God…. Conservative "Christians" just cling to the one mention of homosexuality.

Why is that?

Leviticus is also pretty clear on all pagan practices, yet those Christians love their winter solstice trees, Easter eggs, and wedding bands. Pagans all!!

Jude is the New Testament and singled out the story of Sodom as a current and ongoing theme of modern Christianity. It didn't single out pork, shrimp etc.. It singled out specifically the eternal damnation of Sodom and cities/states like Sodom slated for the punishment of the current mortal sin of homosexuality and its enablers. If you are a christian, mormon or muslim, go ahead and promote or vote for gay marriage, if you don't mind the eternal flames of the Pit of Fire...

Last edited:
Sil and Beagle9 have been corrected for today.

We will see how and well they regroup.

Why is that?

Jude is the New Testament and singled out the story of Sodom as a current and ongoing theme of modern Christianity. It didn't single out pork, shrimp etc.. It singled out specifically the eternal damnation of Sodom and cities/states like Sodom slated for the punishment of the current mortal sin of homosexuality and its enablers. If you are a christian, mormon or muslim, go ahead and promote or vote for gay marriage, if you don't mind the eternal flames of the Pit of Fire...

That may have been the misconcern of the writer of Jude. It is not the theme that most Christians are concerned with; rather they are working out the love of the Father and the Son for all of the Creation.

However, our Constitution separates religion and state, Sil, and you and your heretics will not shatter that barrier. We don't need a Taliban here.

Forum List

Back