BREAKING NOW: Robin Williams Found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the lead story on the "Today" show this morning. In fact the first 10 minutes were about robin williams, then they did 5 minutes of real news and then back to RW. Just shows how sick the news media is. Williams was a silly useless entertainer and drug addict and his death is nothing to mourn. A tragedy is when a great scientist dies or businessman dies. Those are the people that create wealth and make america great.

Why would he resort to drugs and then ultimately kill himself if he wasn't weak.

His brain told him things were hopeless. His illness made seeing a way out impossible.

Is autism just weakness? Is Downs Syndrome just weakness? Is schizophrenia just weakness?

The brain is an organ with chemical reactions powering all it's functions. Any slight imbalance in those chemicals causes major changes. To try and claim that willpower will overcome it is simply inaccurate. It is like claiming that a diabetic is weak if he cannot control his blood sugar.

How do you know what his brain told him? How does anyone really know?

Autism and the like is a clear sign of a damaged brain that unfortunate people are born with not some made up illness to justify taking drugs and acting a fool.

Diabetes isn't a mental illness.

No it isn't. Diabetes is an imbalance in chemicals in the body.

That you think clinical depression is about trying to "...justify taking drugs and acting a fool", shows your own ignorance.

A lot of artists and highly creative / brilliant people in general.

There seems to be a fine line between that high-end creativity and madness for some.

What a stupid thing to say. Artists are never creative or brilliant. They are just entertainers and on a par with jugglers or football players. THINK

It might. Unless there was actual scientific research showing a difference in brain chemistry and that the imbalances cause certain reactions.

Assuming the research is correct and accurate.

So many times we have been told things that was later shown to be false.

How medical science got it exactly wrong on childhood food allergies

How science goes wrong

Why medical science often gets it wrong

I agree that medical science can be wrong. But when the scientific evidence shows something to be true, unless you can debunk the evidence, just insisting it is wrong carries no weight at all. You are claiming depression is about being weak, while you have never suffered from clinical depression. If you care to prove your point, I will be happy to change my view. But simply insisting that the medical diagnosis is wrong because medical diagnosis have been wrong in the past is nonsense. You may as well ignore all medical and scientific research.

You're assuming what the science says to be true when it has proven to be wrong in the past. Why place so much faith in something that may change in the future?

I don't have to prove anything. I have an opinion and it is based on life experiences. I don't need to find a culprit to blame when life's struggles seem to be overwhelming. I simply find the strength to overcome without the use of drugs. I don't place my mental health in the hands of those who I don't believe fully understand the human brain and what it is capable of.

[
That you think clinical depression is about trying to "...justify taking drugs and acting a fool", shows your own ignorance.

uranidiot. Most "depressed people" are crooks scamming the system. They claim depression to get free drugs (which they then sell) and to get those nice disability checks. Williams was rich so i don't suppose that was his motive but it's very common among ordinary people.

Mental health is a racket. Like everything else the govt does.

His brain told him things were hopeless. His illness made seeing a way out impossible.

Is autism just weakness? Is Downs Syndrome just weakness? Is schizophrenia just weakness?

The brain is an organ with chemical reactions powering all it's functions. Any slight imbalance in those chemicals causes major changes. To try and claim that willpower will overcome it is simply inaccurate. It is like claiming that a diabetic is weak if he cannot control his blood sugar.

Autism and the like is a clear sign of a damaged brain that unfortunate people are born with not some made up illness to justify taking drugs and acting a fool.

Diabetes is due to the lack of insulin which is produced in the pancreas.

Clinical depression is a ruse to sell drugs, much the same as "restless leg syndrome" or "acid reflux disease".

How science goes wrong

I agree that medical science can be wrong. But when the scientific evidence shows something to be true, unless you can debunk the evidence, just insisting it is wrong carries no weight at all. You are claiming depression is about being weak, while you have never suffered from clinical depression. If you care to prove your point, I will be happy to change my view. But simply insisting that the medical diagnosis is wrong because medical diagnosis have been wrong in the past is nonsense. You may as well ignore all medical and scientific research.

You're assuming what the science says to be true when it has proven to be wrong in the past. Why place so much faith in something that may change in the future?

I don't have to prove anything. I have an opinion and it is based on life experiences. I don't need to find a culprit to blame when life's struggles seem to be overwhelming. I simply find the strength to overcome without the use of drugs. I don't place my mental health in the hands of those who I don't believe fully understand the human brain and what it is capable of.

YOu are dismissing medical research for no reason other than that you have not experienced clinical depression and because there have been mistakes in past research on other topics.

This "if you are strong you will overcome" is great for some things. But it is not the answer when a chemical imbalance in the brain causes depression.

I asked before, what training or education do you have to enable you to make an educated judgement against the standard, widely held belief in what research has shown?

Clinical depression is a ruse to sell drugs, much the same as "restless leg syndrome" or "acid reflux disease".

Your ignorance is on parade today, isn't it?

I have RLS. It is real. I take no meds for it. But there are times that it keeps me awake for hours. I am not faking that my legs jump, twitch, or tingle. Your belief or disbelief does not change that either.

So you accept that diabetes is real, and due to a lack of a certain chemical in the body. But you insist that depression, which can be caused by the lack or overabundance of certain chemicals, is a ruse?

[

uranidiot. Most "depressed people" are crooks scamming the system. They claim depression to get free drugs (which they then sell) and to get those nice disability checks. Williams was rich so i don't suppose that was his motive but it's very common among ordinary people.

Another medical expert speaks based on vast amounts of education and research.

You do have advanced medical training and have done research, right?

[

Your ignorance is stupefying. Even after all I have read, the depth of your stupidity still amazes.

The drugs used to treat clinical depression do not provide "highs" or false feelings of comfort. They allow the user to "be themselves." Depression is the lack of seratonin in the brain just as diabetes is the lack of insulin in the pancreas.

Last edited:
Marin County. Apparent suicide.

More to follow as details become available...

This is very sad. But at least he got to go out on his own terms and his suffering is over. I wonder after stuff like this, did he do anything good before he went out? Did he write a nice letter to love ones explaining why and tell them not to be sad? Did he hook up some charities before he went or take care of his family first or just do it spur of the moment? I would have had a bunch of cocaine, prostitutes and food. I would have binged for a couple days.

I also can't imagine someone with everything being this unhappy. Sometimes I watch Live Kelly and Michael and I'm jealous of the rich celeb lifestyles they all live and then I realize after something like this that I have a pretty good life. I don't need millions. I have enough. I have family that love me and I'm happy.

I believe the funniest comedians are the saddest people. I've heard that before from comedians. They may be funny on stage but they are neurotic in real life. Anyways, I'm sorry Robin. I loved you.

How science goes wrong

But you claim to understand the human brain and to know what it is capable of??

You know for a fact that a chemical imbalance is not capable of causing serious depression? Based on what?

Top 5 stand-up comics of all time:
(in this order)

1. Sam Kinison
  2. Andrew Dice Clay
  3. Richard Prior
  4. George Carlin
  5. Robin Williams

Nope.

Richard Prior
George Carlin
Robin Williams
Chris Rock
Mike Meyers/Dana Carvey (tie)

ADC became famous for being boorish.
Kinnison for his whiny voice.
That's not talent, that's schtick.

what makes a stand up comic is the ability to make people laugh.....Kinison made people laugh.....try it and see if its not a talent....

Then it wouldn't be unreasonable to believe that depression isn't necessarily caused by some chemical imbalance.

It might. Unless there was actual scientific research showing a difference in brain chemistry and that the imbalances cause certain reactions.

How science goes wrong

Couldn't help but notice your 3 sources are just conservative propaganda sites and not actual medical or scientific ones.

[

You're an idiot. I've suffered with depression for years, and I've never taken a DIME in government money.

[

Your ignorance is stupefying. Even after all I have read, the depth of your stupidity still amazes.

HAHAHA. The board notes that all you have is namecalling. Thanks for admitting i'm right.

Not buying into the bullshit that depression is a mental illness is weak minded? Then I'll happily be weak minded while the rest of you suffer with your delusions.

I have read that depression is anger turned inward. I have also read many comedians suffer from depression and disproportionately so. :dunno:
A lot of artists and highly creative / brilliant people in general.

There seems to be a fine line between that high-end creativity and madness for some.

Yep, Van Gogh comes to mind. These people that are calling someone weak for suffering mental illness are worthless, imo.

YOu are dismissing medical research for no reason other than that you have not experienced clinical depression and because there have been mistakes in past research on other topics.

This "if you are strong you will overcome" is great for some things. But it is not the answer when a chemical imbalance in the brain causes depression.

I asked before, what training or education do you have to enable you to make an educated judgement against the standard, widely held belief in what research has shown?

He's denying it because he's a cattlerancher in Texas who's breathes in cow crap all day long. And it seems to having an effect. Garbage in, garbage out as they say.

[

Too bad there isn't a drug for stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back