BREAKING NOW: Robin Williams Found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it is the contrast that people have a hard time with and the loss of someone that they felt they knew, like a neighborhood friend.

I couldn't give a rats ass about almost any Hollyweird stars, but some like Williams gave me a whole lot of happiness and laughter, and I think well of them for that. And somehow, I always imagined that this meant that they were happy too in their private lives.

Williams reminds us how untrue that notion is to our disbelief and sadness at a friends passing.

Maybe that's it?

Williams is a prime example of why a person shouldn't be idolized for their fame.

I did not idolize him. This feeling that you know someone who is often in movies is just a media 'trick' that Hollyweird uses to build stars.

I liked Williams for making me and my friends laugh.

Is that so hard for you to grasp? Do you laugh in your private life? When you do doesn't it make you like the comedian a little more?

Not hard to grasp. Yes I laugh. No it doesn't make me like a comedian more.

I'm no more saddened about his passing than any other stranger I see in the obituaries.

Another Hollywood star committed suicide. Why is that surprising or even breaking news?

Guess it is the contrast that people have a hard time with and the loss of someone that they felt they knew, like a neighborhood friend.

I couldn't give a rats ass about almost any Hollyweird stars, but some like Williams gave me a whole lot of happiness and laughter, and I think well of them for that. And somehow, I always imagined that this meant that they were happy too in their private lives.

Williams reminds us how untrue that notion is to our disbelief and sadness at a friends passing.

Maybe that's it?

Williams is a prime example of why a person shouldn't be idolized for their fame.

Idolized is way past what people are doing when acknowledging someone's ability to make them laugh and cry over 4 decades.

He gave back to the Community and Entertained our Armed Forces.

Showing Respect at the time of his Death and Remembering how be made you smile isn't idolizing him.

I am pissed at him for taking his own Life as I am close friend of mine 20+ years ago and a few with the bottle and drugs... Because of his Family and specifically his Daughter but people Idolize HST and he blew his head off in the other room where his grandson was playing.

:)

peace...

I did not idolize him. This feeling that you know someone who is often in movies is just a media 'trick' that Hollyweird uses to build stars.

Is that so hard for you to grasp? Do you laugh in your private life? When you do doesn't it make you like the comedian a little more?

I'm no more saddened about his passing than any other stranger I see in the obituaries.

"Every man's death diminishes me"-Donne. Poets are useless I know......:eusa_whistle:

Maybe that's it?

Idolized is way past what people are doing when acknowledging someone's ability to make them laugh and cry over 4 decades.

Showing Respect at the time of his Death and Remembering how be made you smile isn't idolizing him.

I am pissed at him for taking his own Life as I am close friend of mine 20+ years ago and a few with the bottle and drugs... Because of his Family and specifically his Daughter but people Idolize HST and he blew his head off in the other room where his grandson was playing.

peace...

I call it like I see it. He seems to be idolized by some. If you're not in that camp, fine then I wasn't talking about you.

Maybe that's it?

peace...

I am no longer angry at my friend, who also used a firearm, but the sadness remained. He had two grown children, and........................for five months, every day, my thoughts were "If I can keep him alive one more day, SOMEBODY has got to notice, and help me get HIM help". But he convinced others he was fine, I was just "abused" by the rival he hated. I knew him well less than a year, he was much older than I, and his friends of 20-25 years believed him, not me.

So positive reinforcement does not have an effect with you? I don't think that is normal.

Have you had any counseling? I do not say this as a joke or to ridicule you. It might be something that enriches your life if you find a counselor that comes from your same faith system, whatever that may be.

I really struggled with a few things in my life, and when I found out that I had Aspergers Syndrome, I was able to get some counseling and it really helped me to understand what I was making other people feel and how it wasn't so much that the world was full of ass holes; too often *I* was the ass hole, but I couldn't see through my symptoms.

Dude, do what you think you need to do, but it wont hurt you to talk to a fellow of your faith and get some counseling. It might be the best thing you ever do for yourself and those you share your life with.

Could be a real life changing experience. After accepting Christ, becoming a Catholic and getting married and starting a family, learning that I had Aspergers has been a HUGE impact on my life for the better.

Why would he resort to drugs and then ultimately kill himself if he wasn't weak.

His brain told him things were hopeless. His illness made seeing a way out impossible.

Is autism just weakness? Is Downs Syndrome just weakness? Is schizophrenia just weakness?

The brain is an organ with chemical reactions powering all it's functions. Any slight imbalance in those chemicals causes major changes. To try and claim that willpower will overcome it is simply inaccurate. It is like claiming that a diabetic is weak if he cannot control his blood sugar.

How do you know what his brain told him? How does anyone really know?

Autism and the like is a clear sign of a damaged brain that unfortunate people are born with not some made up illness to justify taking drugs and acting a fool.

Diabetes isn't a mental illness.

You need to read this post before you go on.

Sociopathic Asshole.

HAHAHA. The board notes that all you have is namecalling. Thanks for admitting i'm right.

when you start proving the shit you say....then you can say you are right....until then....you are wrong.....

Shootspeeders thinks Obama personally raises the price of stamps and the government was behind 9/11. So that's what you're dealing with.

yea i know i was in the postage stamps one.....the fucker ran from that one as soon as he was asked to prove it....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s8ZEFUSYAI]Hook (1/8) Movie CLIP - There You Are, Peter! (1991) HD - YouTube[/ame]

When steve jobs died, that was a tragedy. If craig venter died, that would be a tragedy. But some useless drug addict entertainer? Only an idiot cares about that.

All I know is if they ever find me hung, they will know it wasn't a suicide. Of all the ways to do yourself in, that would be the one I would never ever choose. It was heartless of him to do that to whoever ultimately found his body dangling.

I haven't been following this thread so I admit to possibly being redundant or behind the curve.

But, here goes...

Rush just confirmed Williams hanged himself.

Was hanging already announced as his method of death?

All I know is if they ever find me hung, they will know it wasn't a suicide. Of all the ways to do yourself in, that would be the one I would never ever choose. It was heartless of him to do that to whoever ultimately found his body dangling.

That's not for us to judge. "I woulda done this, I would never do that" is pointless, clueless and profoundly irrelevant. This thread ain't about you.

Last edited:
I haven't been following this thread so I admit to possibly being redundant or behind the curve.

But, here goes...

Rush just confirmed Williams hanged himself.

Was hanging already announced as his method of death?

They originally just said asphyxia.

Depression + dead via asphyxia = hanged himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back