BREAKING: Scott Walker Drops Out

Is anyone else overjoyed at the tons of wasted money the Koch brothers threw at this loser? Too bad it wasn't a couple of billion before they realized the guy was just a train wreck waiting to happen.

"Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin has concluded he no longer has a path to the Republican presidential nomination and plans to drop out of the 2016 campaign, according to three Republicans familiar with his decision, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Mr. Walker called a news conference in Madison at 6 p.m. Eastern time.

“The short answer is money,” said a supporter of Mr. Walker’s who was briefed on the decision. “He’s made a decision not to limp into Iowa.”

Mr. Walker’s intended withdrawal is a humiliating climb down for a Republican governor once seen as all but politically invincible. He started the year at the top of the polls but has seen his position gradually deteriorate, amid the rise of Donald J. Trump’s populist campaign and repeated missteps by Mr. Walker himself."

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...walker-said-to-be-quitting-presidential-race/

I've always said that Walker was unsuited for a presidential run. He just doesn't have the charisma or political saavy for a national run. He would make one hell of a cabinet member though.

A cautionary tale...if you want to go for the big chair, do your homework! Primary voters are serious about policy, especially Iowans. Don't disappoint them. 'Spit and polish' as you go will not fly.

He's a fabulous executive talent for the GOP and he's young--we'll see more of him in the future. Still a prime Veep candidate. I credit his decisiveness in getting out now.

(Or I'd also love to see him get Dept. of Labor....he he he.)

Has obama done anything for the middle class? or the poor? Liberal policies have increased the gap between rich and poor.
He has tried to pass many things to help the poor and middle class, cons shoot them down.
LOL! Yeah Obama was fighting for the poor. That's why there are so many more of them.
People believe that shit.
I'm not derailing this thread to start this stupid shit again.
Thanks.
Yes, a shame about Walker. But sometimes it just isnt the right time or circumstance.
Trump will dry up and blow away before year end.
One can only hope.. If he doesn't, well, that'll be a good thing, guaranteed dem victory.
LOL!
Dems will not win this election. Their candidates suck, a mix of the criminal, the insame, and the criminally insane.
No, Cruz will win this.

A cautionary tale...if you want to go for the big chair, do your homework! Primary voters are serious about policy, especially Iowans. Don't disappoint them. 'Spit and polish' as you go will not fly.

He's a fabulous executive talent for the GOP and he's young--we'll see more of him in the future. Still a prime Veep candidate. I credit his decisiveness in getting out now.

(Or I'd also love to see him get Dept. of Labor....he he he.)

Some primary voters are concerned about policy. Trump supporters are satisfied with 'we heard bad things about that and we're going to look into it'.

With 'that' and 'it' being pretty much any specific policy issue Trump is asked about.

He has tried to pass many things to help the poor and middle class, cons shoot them down.
LOL! Yeah Obama was fighting for the poor. That's why there are so many more of them.
Thanks.
Yes, a shame about Walker. But sometimes it just isnt the right time or circumstance.
One can only hope.. If he doesn't, well, that'll be a good thing, guaranteed dem victory.
LOL!
Dems will not win this election. Their candidates suck, a mix of the criminal, the insame, and the criminally insane.
No, Cruz will win this.
CRUZ? CRUZ???!!!!! No way. I'll lay down a million internet dollars.

Some primary voters are concerned about policy. Trump supporters are satisfied with 'we heard bad things about that and we're going to look into it'.

With 'that' and 'it' being pretty much any specific policy issue Trump is asked about.
LOL I said primary voters. Somehow I don't think that's the same thing as Trump supporters.

Thanks.
LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.

Cruz seems unlikely.

Thanks.
LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.

Cruz seems unlikely.
I'd say impossible, he is pushing for evangelicals, a dieing part of the base..

Thanks.
LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.
Cruz is winning in the money race. He is setting up grass roots organizations in the states. Trump will destruct shortly as media attention is waning.

Thanks.
LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.

Cruz seems unlikely.
The successful candidate unites the fiscally conservative, the socially conservative, and the strong foreign policy parts of the party. Cruz does all that.

Thanks.
LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.
Cruz is winning in the money race. He is setting up grass roots organizations in the states. Trump will destruct shortly as media attention is waning.
We'll see.. Cruz will have to appeal to more then just evangelicals though, and his policies are literally bat shit insane.. He's an authoritarian evangelical nut job.

LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.

Cruz seems unlikely.
The successful candidate unites the fiscally conservative, the socially conservative, and the strong foreign policy parts of the party. Cruz does all that.
Cruz is an idiot. He lies about the Iran deal, he ruins his own party in congress, he worships Kim Davis..

Thanks.
LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.

Your arguments would be a lot more effective if they were at least accurate or intelligent.

Note to George S: I'm going to need at least $15 a comment to "Rabbi" unless someone in your office can send him a copy of Sun Tzu for dummies or at least a first grade primer.

Thanks.
LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.
We'll see.. Cruz will have to appeal to more then just evangelicals though, and his policies are literally bat shit insane.. He's an authoritarian evangelical nut job.
If you say they are bat shit insane that is a sure sign they are dead on target. After the disaster the Democrats have created in foreign and domestic policy we need a strong leader like Cruz to set things right.

LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.
If you say they are bat shit insane that is a sure sign they are dead on target. After the disaster the Democrats have created in foreign and domestic policy we need a strong leader like Cruz to set things right.
Cruz.. Cruz knows nothing about foreign policy, he knows nothing about the Iran deal:
Ted Cruz's file | PolitiFact Texas

Thanks.
LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.

Cruz seems unlikely.

There's also very little evidence that Cruz has the kind of support to get the nomination, let alone win the presidency. Often supporters of a particular candidate will confuse what they want to happen with what the evidence actually suggests. And the evidence doesn't suggest a Cruz victory.

LOL!
No, Cruz will win this.

Cruz seems unlikely.

There's also very little evidence that Cruz has the kind of support to get the nomination, let alone win the presidency. Often supporters of a particular candidate will confuse what they want to happen with what the evidence actually suggests. And the evidence doesn't suggest a Cruz victory.
It doesn't help that his fellow republicans hate him.

Insane he's quitting so early. I mean it makes sense, but a few months ago he seemed like arguably the strongest candidate

he did terrible in both debates, did a great job in Wisconsin, but got no attention at the national level.

Wisconsin isn't doin very well, that's why he wasn't doing well. Just ask trump.

That's what happens when you cut, slash and burn infrastructure, science, r&d and education. Trust me, the private sector would rather go to China or some other shit hole so it is quite rare that they give a damn.

The truth is we need government and the public sector! I love a lot what the private does but Walker was their butt boy and a sell out to the people.

Forum List

Back