[BREAKING] Shots Fired on Capitol Hill

The U.S. is a very crazy country.
I'll second that. Only in America is the answer to this kind of situation a deadly hail of bullets. OMG, congressman, remove any identifiers and go into hiding. Your life is in danger, there's a toddler of mass destruction on the loose... Land of the paranoid, home of the cowards.:cuckoo:

Has anyone noted the fact that those police officers are working without pay?

As for the shooting, its a damn shame that baby didn't have a handgun shoved down his/her diaper.

Where is the link stating they are not getting paid?

There is no such link.

Why do rw's always have to be spoonfed? Damn fool idiots can't do anything for themselves.

U.S. Capitol shooting: Capitol Police officers who risked lives currently unpaid* - NY Daily News

As gunfire rang out on Capitol Hill on Thursday, D.C.'s Capitol Police were putting their lives at risk — without getting paid to do so.

As essential federal employees, Capitol Police are not subject to furloughs brought on by the government shutdown.

Read more: U.S. Capitol shooting: Capitol Police officers who risked lives currently unpaid* - NY Daily News

I don't think that was the white house barricade. Not positive where that is.

I'm pretty sure that that's it.

It's the old "barricade"...from back when they blocked off 15th, 16th, 17th Streets and Pennsylvania Ave to through traffic.

The point of the vid is that is NOT where she was shot AND she was being chased before ramming the barricade. The WH has that iron fence around it as well. I don't think it is the front, though. I'm trying to place that little monument she circles around.

There is no such link.

Why do rw's always have to be spoonfed? Damn fool idiots can't do anything for themselves.

U.S. Capitol shooting: Capitol Police officers who risked lives currently unpaid* - NY Daily News

As gunfire rang out on Capitol Hill on Thursday, D.C.'s Capitol Police were putting their lives at risk — without getting paid to do so.

As essential federal employees, Capitol Police are not subject to furloughs brought on by the government shutdown.

Read more: U.S. Capitol shooting: Capitol Police officers who risked lives currently unpaid* - NY Daily News

They are not 'unpaid.' They will get paid. I worked a month back during the Clinton days, but I eventually got paid for it.

There is no such link.

They are not 'unpaid.' They will get paid. I worked a month back during the Clinton days, but I eventually got paid for it.

:cuckoo:

I dunno. Ollie may be right. I can't find that little thing she circles on Google Earth. But if it isn't the WH, then she rammed two barricades.

:cuckoo:

Having your paycheck delayed does not make you unpaid. And to miss a pay period the government will have to be closed 2 weeks.

Two things are certain, they were after her before she hit that barricade, and she took off like a scalded dog.

There is no such link.

Backlogged is not unpaid. Nice twist though. They are being paid, but the clerks who make out the paychecks are probably laid off....

There is no such link.

Backlogged is not unpaid. Nice twist though. They are being paid, but the clerks who make out the paychecks are probably laid off....

Having their paychecks possibly delayed is not reason enough to go postal and shoot someone any more than it is reason enough for a nurse to refuse to care for her patients. Using the shutdown as an excuse won't cut it. 50 shots! There are pics on the web of people cowering for their lives. She didn't get in the barricade. I don't think her actions were politically motivated. Mentally, maybe. Politically, no. They had her stopped, but failed to keep her stopped. And I just love how the media edits the video to make it look like they want it to. At no point in time was their lord and savior Obama at risk. Except maybe from a policeman's flying bullet.

Could be at the President Garfield memorial near the Capitol.........

I just can't place it. It goes by too fast. After looking again the base of it looks like it may be that monument.

Last edited:
I don't think that was the white house barricade. Not positive where that is.

I'm pretty sure that that's it.

It's the old "barricade"...from back when they blocked off 15th, 16th, 17th Streets and Pennsylvania Ave to through traffic.

The point of the vid is that is NOT where she was shot AND she was being chased before ramming the barricade. The WH has that iron fence around it as well. I don't think it is the front, though. I'm trying to place that little monument she circles around.

In the video, that's the SECOND barricade she rammed...that one takes you onto the grounds of the Capital building...the chase had been on for some time at that point.

That's the James Garfield Memorial she whips around there.

miriam.jpg

Miriam Carey (right), is the woman identified in news reports as the suspect in a shooting incident that left Capitol Hill on lockdown for a brief period Thursday afternoon, and has now reportedly been shot dead by police. This photo is from a newsletter announcing her having been hired as a hygenist at a Connecticut periodontics practice. she has a history of mental illness

This seems to always be the description of some crazed lunatic... "Dr. Brian L. Evans, a periodontist in Hamden, Conn., for whom Ms. Carey had worked until about a year ago, said that he believed that she had suffered a significant head injury sometime during the year she was employed by him.

He described Ms. Carey as having “a bit of a temper,” but “nothing unusual, nothing that would ever lead us to think she would ever do anything like this.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/04/us/gunfire-reported-outside-the-capitol.html?_r=0

Forum List

Back