🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Breaking: WH rewriting Trump's EO on Travel Ban after 9th Circuit failed to Cite Statute In Ruling

Trump's the one who is forced to rewrite his order.

Trump's the one who is forced to rewrite his order.
You mean democrats judge shopped.....

So now you admit the EO was a total fuck up.?
Will you admit the decision by the court was a total fuck up?

Trump seizes on omission in court's travel ban ruling, plots next move

"President Trump got to work early Friday picking apart a federal court’s decision not to reinstate his controversial travel ban, noting that the detailed 29-page order did not include one mention of the statute he claims gives him broad authority on immigration.

- Snip -

The writer, Brookings fellow and Lawfare editor-in-chief Benjamin Wittes, had noted the order skipped over a key part of the U.S. code on “inadmissible aliens” which Trump had publicly recited on Wednesday in defense of his immigration restrictions.

"The statute reads in part: “Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”

Wittes wrote that this statute speaks to one of two “big questions” on which the case will turn.

He said the statute indeed gives Trump “sweeping power” to restrict entry, writing: “Remarkably, in the entire opinion, the panel did not bother even to cite this statute, which forms the principal statutory basis for the executive order (see Sections 3(c), 5(c), and 5(d) of the order). That’s a pretty big omission over 29 pages, including several pages devoted to determining the government’s likelihood of success on the merits of the case.”

The Trump administration has pointed to that statute for days in defending the controversial move to suspend refugee admissions as well as travel and immigration from seven mostly Muslim countries."

Here's the rest of the article.

Trump seizes on omission in court's travel ban ruling, plots next move

There's no need to plot anything.
Simply write an EO that passes muster.

The total fuckup was not having all of the dimshitscum arrested for their crimes immediately. Especially their presidential candidate and all of them who knew she was committing crimes against the people of this country and did not report them as they were complicit in her, and the shit in a suits actions. After all why doesn't TRUMP give Russia some more of OUR nuclear material to give to Iran like THEY DID. As far as Trumps EO, I say let people die and then put it in the dimshits lap for obstructing a legal presidential instrument.

The judicial branch is not Congress. Try again.
Are you saying law is never made from the Bench?
It never truly is.

A judge's decision is solely about legality
Well, it didn't help that the DOJ did not present the more than 80 cases of immigrant terrorist acts from 2001 - 2014, cases / files they said they 'could not find'.
Not one committed
The judicial branch is not Congress. Try again.
Are you saying law is never made from the Bench?
Judges interpret the law, thats their job.
What law were the judge's interpreting in this case?

They didn't cite anything at all.
Did you read their entire opinion?

That poster can't even read this thread competently.

Well I've commented several times that what would happen is that President Trump would issue another Executive Order with different wording, more vague, so that no Leftist Agitators such as the ACLU and their assorted ilk could find even a tiny hole in it with which to begin Bedwetting and stamping their feet.

The new Executive Order will be airtight, it'll also encompass strict National Security reasons for issuing the Executive Order and then the Homeland Security department will be told to do their job and also the State Department will be told to do their job in denying any and/or all Visas and also revoking any and/or all existing Visas and ALL on the grounds of National Security reasons.

Missing from your incredibly stupid comments are the facts that Trump is a loser, checks and balances are the genius written into the Constitution of the United States, and that patriotic group of men and women who stand up to power to protect the unalienable Rights trampled upon by the arrogance of the self righteous, authoritarian and the callous.

Well I've commented several times that what would happen is that President Trump would issue another Executive Order with different wording, more vague, so that no Leftist Agitators such as the ACLU and their assorted ilk could find even a tiny hole in it with which to begin Bedwetting and stamping their feet.

The new Executive Order will be airtight, it'll also encompass strict National Security reasons for issuing the Executive Order and then the Homeland Security department will be told to do their job and also the State Department will be told to do their job in denying any and/or all Visas and also revoking any and/or all existing Visas and ALL on the grounds of National Security reasons.

The most important thing is----->that Americans are protected.

The second most important thing is---------> The left gets their ass handed to them again, and again! I have a feeling that the President is going to flood them with so many versions of the same thing on different issues in the future, the libs are going to go nutz, lol!

Trumps order was legal and it IS valid as written. You are full of shit if you think that the order won't be upheld in the supreme court. Trump needs to let it go through the full process and that will prove he has the absolute authority to write these orders Then if the shit of the earth will have NO recourse without proving their BIAS and lack of respect for the American Peoples safety. I hope they do this every time after being slapped down by the Supreme Court it will give the people of this country a million times more hatred of liberal scum.

The second most important thing is---------> The left gets their ass handed to them again, and again! I have a feeling that the President is going to flood them with so many versions of the same thing on different issues in the future, the libs are going to go nutz, lol!

That's the part I was never clear on.

How does a ninety day ban change anything?

What is the plan during the ban to bolster our process so as to make us safer going forward? What is hoped to be accomplished in such a short time that could not be accomplished without the ban?

What is the plan during the ban to bolster our process so as to make us safer going forward? What is hoped to be accomplished in such a short time that could not be accomplished without the ban?
Did you notice how the ban was implemented...your answer is there.....

The people in power are privy to what is going on far more than we plebes are. Is that me giving you a reason, or making an excuse? I don't know, because I do not know, what Trump and the rest of them know getting the briefings. The 90 day pause may mean nothing, or it may mean everything! Forget that the President is Donald Trump, and put some faceless, independent in office who is a real nice person. Now how does it fly? See, it is not because the President is doing it, it is because Donald Trump.....the President.....is doing it. That is really what this whole thing is about, and everyone wants to give excuses why it is really something else!

So, you don't know either?

Sure do....I have faith you can figure it out too....

The people in power are privy to what is going on far more than we plebes are. Is that me giving you a reason, or making an excuse? I don't know, because I do not know, what Trump and the rest of them know getting the briefings. The 90 day pause may mean nothing, or it may mean everything! Forget that the President is Donald Trump, and put some faceless, independent in office who is a real nice person. Now how does it fly? See, it is not because the President is doing it, it is because Donald Trump.....the President.....is doing it. That is really what this whole thing is about, and everyone wants to give excuses why it is really something else!

So why do you assume we will be made safer in any way because of it without knowing the plan?
It seems like nothing more than a catch phrase for a political gain rather than any substantive action. Shouldn't the scope and purpose of the plan be communicated?

So why do you assume we will be made safer in any way because of it without knowing the plan?
It seems like nothing more than a catch phrase for a political gain rather than any substantive action. Shouldn't the scope and purpose of the plan be communicated?
It was...

Sure do....I have faith you can figure it out too....

It's a fair question for discussion.
Why can't or won't you answer it?

It was...

Please provide it.

Forum List

Back