Bribery is a loser

sorry not a mind reader,,,

and where is that list of names he refuse to prosecute for corruption???
colfax_m spelled out the burisma situation in simple terms so even you can understand. He also listed names. Your question ha e been answered directly, take notes. All this talk about me being ignorant to the facts and you have no clue about these easily researched facts. All this mind reading about what Biden was thinking but not even an attempt to analyze Ron Johnson. You’re done man

so no list??/

sounds like it was all a lie and shokin was fired because he was trying to open the investigation back up
Corruption in Ukraine didn’t end with Shokin. His predecessor also had a very bad reputation... I don’t know what your trying to prove by asking for a list but it’s a irrelevant point that you are trying to make.

if you need proof that Shokin was considered corrupt by most the world just do some research. Biden was not a driving force or lone voice on this issue

EU hails sacking of Ukraine’s prosecutor Viktor Shokin

when all you have is the EU and UN as a source on corruption it usually means their corruption is being investigated,,,
they are after all one of the 2 most corrupt groups on the planet,,,

OH and I didnt see a list of who shokin refused to prosecute,,,
haha, why do I have to do all your homework for you. I should start charging you. How many times did you call me ignorant and now we sit here and you don’t know these obvious things?! Wow, talk about clueless...

Here you go. Read slowly and comprehend.

President Petro Poroshenko appointed Shokin to the role in February 2015. From the outset, he stood out by causing great damage even to Ukraine’s substandard legal system. Most strikingly, Shokin failed to prosecute any single prominent member of the Yanukovych regime. Nor did he prosecute anyone in the current government.

Shokin skillfully blocked reform. He was in charge of implementing the 2014 law on prosecution, which the European Union had insisted on for years. It aimed to reduce the role of the prosecutors, who were absurdly superior to judges in the Soviet legal system that persisted in post-Soviet Ukraine. The law also involved a reevaluation of all prosecutors with the intention of weeding out corrupt and incompetent prosecutors. Shokin manipulated the process so successfully that the old prosecutors prevailed and minimal renewal occurred.

Shokin’s Revenge: Ukraine’s Odious Prosecutor General Fires Honest Deputy Before Parliament Sacks Him - Atlantic Council

I didnt see where any of the people he refused to prosecute were later prosecuted,,,let alone found guilty,,,

and none of this refutes what the guy that worked with him testified to where he said he wanted to reopen the burisma thing and biden stepped in and had him fired for it,,,

colfax_m spelled out the burisma situation in simple terms so even you can understand. He also listed names. Your question ha e been answered directly, take notes. All this talk about me being ignorant to the facts and you have no clue about these easily researched facts. All this mind reading about what Biden was thinking but not even an attempt to analyze Ron Johnson. You’re done man

so no list??/

sounds like it was all a lie and shokin was fired because he was trying to open the investigation back up
Corruption in Ukraine didn’t end with Shokin. His predecessor also had a very bad reputation... I don’t know what your trying to prove by asking for a list but it’s a irrelevant point that you are trying to make.

if you need proof that Shokin was considered corrupt by most the world just do some research. Biden was not a driving force or lone voice on this issue

when all you have is the EU and UN as a source on corruption it usually means their corruption is being investigated,,,

haha, why do I have to do all your homework for you. I should start charging you. How many times did you call me ignorant and now we sit here and you don’t know these obvious things?! Wow, talk about clueless...

President Petro Poroshenko appointed Shokin to the role in February 2015. From the outset, he stood out by causing great damage even to Ukraine’s substandard legal system. Most strikingly, Shokin failed to prosecute any single prominent member of the Yanukovych regime. Nor did he prosecute anyone in the current government.

Shokin skillfully blocked reform. He was in charge of implementing the 2014 law on prosecution, which the European Union had insisted on for years. It aimed to reduce the role of the prosecutors, who were absurdly superior to judges in the Soviet legal system that persisted in post-Soviet Ukraine. The law also involved a reevaluation of all prosecutors with the intention of weeding out corrupt and incompetent prosecutors. Shokin manipulated the process so successfully that the old prosecutors prevailed and minimal renewal occurred.

Shokin’s Revenge: Ukraine’s Odious Prosecutor General Fires Honest Deputy Before Parliament Sacks Him - Atlantic Council

I didnt see where any of the people he refused to prosecute were later prosecuted,,,let alone found guilty,,,

and none of this refutes what the guy that worked with him testified to where he said he wanted to reopen the burisma thing and biden stepped in and had him fired for it,,,
The whole article refutes that narrative that Biden stepped in to fire Shokin because he was going after Burisima. It outlines all the reasons why the EU the U.N. the IMF, the US Congress, Ukraine reform leaders and the US president all wanted him gone. You’ve lost your mind

so no list??/

sorry, but can you give me the name of the guy that worked with him who testified to where he said he wanted to reopen the burisma thing?

Shokin testified that he wanted to reopen the Burisma thing himself but other than him making the claim, it’s completely unsubstantiated.

so no list??/

sorry, but can you give me the name of the guy that worked with him who testified to where he said he wanted to reopen the burisma thing?

Shokin testified that he wanted to reopen the Burisma thing himself but other than him making the claim, it’s completely unsubstantiated.

I posted an hour long interview of him earlier,,,

so no list??/

The whole article refutes that narrative that Biden stepped in to fire Shokin because he was going after Burisima. It outlines all the reasons why the EU the U.N. the IMF, the US Congress, Ukraine reform leaders and the US president all wanted him gone. You’ve lost your mind

the article never mentions biden and I dont recall it mentioning burisma

I posted an hour long interview of him earlier,,,
and the circle of stupidity spins around again. Saying that you posted a video doesn’t prove anything. No sorry, enough with your lazy troll antics. Show some credible documentation to prove your point Or just concede the argument. Point to something specific. I have no clue why your trying to stand up for Shokin and his ILK, especially given the fact you know nothing about the situation. Only conclusion is you are bored and trolling. Am I right?

i appreciate your POV but I disagree with the politics of it. I want to see a mandate by the people to get trump out by their vote and a much needed movement towards unity in this country

I understood that to be your objective.

I find it most disheartening you wouldn't care if the country sold its soul on its way down towards Trump's gutter in order to find "unity". Because that would happen if the House, in full knowledge of Trump's brazen, vulgar corruption, just folded, looked the other way. Happily, Pelosi doesn't listen to you.

the article never mentions biden and I dont recall it mentioning burisma
Well read it again because he is in there. I’d copy and paste the quote to show you but given all the lazy “look at the video” replies you thrown out I dont respect you enough to spend the time. Go back and read. Biden is in there

i appreciate your POV but I disagree with the politics of it. I want to see a mandate by the people to get trump out by their vote and a much needed movement towards unity in this country

I understood that to be your objective.

I find it most disheartening you wouldn't care if the country sold its soul on its way down towards Trump's gutter in order to find "unity". Because that would happen if the House, in full knowledge of Trump's brazen, vulgar corruption, just folded, looked the other way. Happily, Pelosi doesn't listen to you.
I disagree. Knowing the pathway that impeachment takes us down the house can very easily do their inquiry and expose the details of the situation for all to see. They can then issue a condemnation of trumps actions and say they are going to leave it to America to vote him out. I hope they are smart enough to take this route

I disagree. Knowing the pathway that impeachment takes us down the house can very easily do their inquiry and expose the details of the situation for all to see. They can then issue a condemnation of trumps actions and say they are going to leave it to America to vote him out. I hope they are smart enough to take this route

That is laughable. Bribery, abuse of office (that's what is meant with "high crimes and misdemeanors"), obstruction of justice on multiple occasions. But hey, or so you hope Pelosi will state, even after at least a dozen impeachable offenses, which we just meekly condemn, we won't impeach. Because... because quite obviously, we no longer expect our commander in chief to act within the letter and spirit of the law, and so we let him get away with his crimes against the nation. And from the top on down then percolates the criminality and corruption until the place looks like Ukraine in the worst of times - that's the place Trump would love - LOVE - to rule.

You are really losing it, Slade, and in your quest for "unity" of the gutter, you also lack respect for the Constitution, and for the roles outlined there for the branches of the federal government. "Unity" behind a crook, who would use the failure to impeach as a demonstration of innocence and complete exoneration, is not unity at all, for it leaves out all who have retained a measure of decency and sound judgment. It is the unity of the Mob.

By exposing a corrupt American politician? Why would that be a problem for you, Lesh?

Sorry but Trump wasn't exposing much of anything since there was no corruption to expose.

HIS actions were the corrupt ones.HE (Trump) was trying to force Ukraine into opening an investigation against his political opponent that had no more basis than the one Comey opened ...and then closed....days before the 2016 election.

He was also letting his buddy Rudy the Ghoul and Rick Perry try to take over the natural gas companies of Ukraine...but that's more Rudy and Rick's problem

Just to remind you folks.

Biden got a CORRUPT prosecutor removed. There are claims that this corrupt prosecutor was investigating Biden's son...or the company he worked for. Those claims are lies. Shokin was NOT doing anything of the kind.

YOU are lying. Please stop

By exposing a corrupt American politician? Why would that be a problem for you, Lesh?

Sorry but Trump wasn't exposing much of anything since there was no corruption to expose.

HIS actions were the corrupt ones.HE (Trump) was trying to force Ukraine into opening an investigation against his political opponent that had no more basis than the one Comey opened ...and then closed....days before the 2016 election.

He was also letting his buddy Rudy the Ghoul and Rick Perry try to take over the natural gas companies of Ukraine...but that's more Rudy and Rick's problem

Biden got a CORRUPT prosecutor removed. There are claims that this corrupt prosecutor was investigating Biden's son...or the company he worked for. Those claims are lies. Shokin was NOT doing anything of the kind.

shokin was trying to reopen the investigation and biden fired him for it,,,

shokin was trying to reopen the investigation and biden fired him for it,,,
Who said that, Shokin?

Who said that, Shokin?

Shokin was THE Prosecutor (corrupt prosecutor at that, by all accounts)...he didn't have to "try" and do anything. If he had wanted to open an investigation he could have at any time...

Of course after the fact he can say anything he wants

Let me expand on that.

If there were evidence for corruption (say, any indication Biden used his office to pressure Poroshenko to pressure Burisma to hire Hunter), there are still proper procedures to follow, say, handing over the evidence to the FBI. They then take a look at that and start an investigation, if they find one is warranted. Pursuant this investigation, they might then report to the DoJ they need Ukrainian assistance (using the mutual legal assistance treaty), seeking documents, testimony and the like.

That has not happened, which tells you all there is to know about this alleged corruption.

What Trump did was to urge Ukrainians to start an obviously politically motivated investigation, bringing the power of the state down on a political opponent - which ordinarily counts as the pinnacle of corruption - contravening long-standing U.S. foreign policy objectives (which Yovanovich meticulously pursued). Disgusting as that is, you'd still have grudgingly to admire their chutzpah, declaring that to be part of an anti-corruption campaign.

And you know what? Even without the announcement of an investigation in Ukraine, the plot appears to be working, as Biden's collapsing support in Iowa demonstrates.

this is what happens when you only look at part of the facts and ignore the rest because it changes your desired outcome,,

here is a link to kent saying yes to an investigation,,,

Democrats' Star Witness Admitted Burisma Should Be Investigated
That’s an investigation into the CEO of Burisma who was suspected of stealing money... that’s not a Biden investigation. You are twisting the narrative and not being honest. Nice try.

biden worked for burisma so he would be included since he got some of the money,,,
Uh no...

And ongoing when he joined.

Yeah, Hunter decided it was a good idea
to work for a foreign company being criminally investigated
owned by a man with criminal charges pending
and decided to continue there after his boss
became a wanted fugitive when he fled to Russia

Joe wasn't aware...envoy to Ukraine...Got it
What a pity you can't prove that.

Meanwhile, in 2015, the U.K. had to unfreeze $23.5 million of Zlochevsky's frozen assets because Shokin refused to cooperate with them for a year.
Uh, what proof are you looking for?

Meanwhile, Shokin didn't refuse to cooperate for a year...
He took over after Yarema was fired FOR STALLING
and Shokin complaining about what was going on
Shokin took over in February of 2015, sorry charlie

That’s an investigation into the CEO of Burisma who was suspected of stealing money... that’s not a Biden investigation. You are twisting the narrative and not being honest. Nice try.

biden worked for burisma so he would be included since he got some of the money,,,
Uh no...

Meanwhile, in 2015, the U.K. had to unfreeze $23.5 million of Zlochevsky's frozen assets because Shokin refused to cooperate with them for a year.

LIAR,,, shokin refused to drop the case against them and thats why joe had him fired,,,then under joes orders they returned the money to them,,,
That's not correct

Uh no...

LIAR,,, shokin refused to drop the case against them and thats why joe had him fired,,,then under joes orders they returned the money to them,,,
Liar, Shokin refused to cooperate with U.K.'s investigation into Burisma's owner.....

Timeline in Ukraine Probe Casts Doubt on Giuliani’s Biden Claim

The case against Zlochevsky and his Burisma Holdings was assigned to Shokin, then a deputy prosecutor. But Shokin and others weren’t pursuing it, according to the internal reports from the Ukrainian prosecutor’s office reviewed by Bloomberg.

In a December 2014 letter, U.S. officials warned Ukrainian prosecutors of negative consequences for Ukraine over its failure to assist the U.K., which had seized Zlochevsky’s assets, according to the documents.

Those funds, $23.5 million, were unblocked in 2015 when a British court determined there wasn’t enough evidence to justify the continued freeze, in part because Ukrainian prosecutors had failed to provide the necessary information.
Bullshit, Herasymiuk changed the jurisdiction
of the criminal cases and handed it off to Ministry of Internal Affairs
and they in turn handed it off to Main Department of Supervision in Criminal proceedings

By the time Shokin took over and was able to do anything
it was already too late

What a crock.

The entire international community understood that Shokin was corrupt...and here you are making him sound like a paragon of virtue.

Bullshit

What a crock.

The entire international community understood that Shokin was corrupt...and here you are making him sound like a paragon of virtue.

Bullshit
Whadda you expect? They make trump look innocent too. Trump the crookedest president ever

Forum List

Back