Bridal shop refuses to let tranny try on dress

Does Canada have similar discrimination laws as the US? It may be legal for the store in Canada to refuse the transgender to try on dress.

Here in the US there are some transgender anti-discrimination laws.

Pretty much the only thing would shoot down a discrimination suit would be if there were female-only dressing rooms that were to some degree open to each other. That would mean there's no place for a male to try on clothes, so he'd have no case.

Cases like that are few and far between.

What argument is it that people like you use for gun control? If it will save one life it is worth it? Do you think not allowing men to use women's bathrooms makes sense if it would save one woman from getting raped?

When was the last time a transgendered woman raped another woman in a bathroom?

Thereis a TG in prison in OK for rape.

Oklahoma: Convicted Rapist Wants Trans Medical Care | Advocate.com

Another one sued for the right to be in a woman's prison, and won.

Transsexual prisoner wins right to be in female prison - Telegraph

I bet you thought it never happened, didn't you? Tell me something, what automatically makes a man in women's clothes a TG and not a pervert?

Does Canada have similar discrimination laws as the US? It may be legal for the store in Canada to refuse the transgender to try on dress.

Here in the US there are some transgender anti-discrimination laws.

Pretty much the only thing would shoot down a discrimination suit would be if there were female-only dressing rooms that were to some degree open to each other. That would mean there's no place for a male to try on clothes, so he'd have no case.

It is a bridal shop, I am pretty sure there are no men's dressing rooms in any bridal shop, they are usually next door where they rent tuxes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE]Aerosmith - Dude (Looks Like A Lady) - YouTube[/ame]

If we are allowed to deny reality then why not let children think they are adults and have the law treat them as adults?

In my humble opinion, if you own a store and want to pick and choose who you serve as customers, then that is your right. You're the one paying the rent, overhead, bags, register receipt paper, electric, phone, hangers, display shelves, merchandise, employees, insurance, utilities, etc.
That sounds so logical, but then there are those who would use that right to discriminate, then it doesn't sound so logical at all. Anyone that owns a store is in it to make money, and being picky might lose you some customers, especially if the word gets around. And, there are laws to prohibit such, so an owner would have to be very careful.

Some places of business specify (with signs) that you are not allowed entry if you are barefoot, wearing a bathing suit, or eating, but I don't think you can specify "no Gays - Transgenders allowed", in the US that would be illegal.

When I had my shop, all were welcome. Until they showed they were not fit to be there under my business roof.
I guess if they are being disruptive or misbehaving, the owner always has the right to ask them to leave, but barring someone at the door might get a shop owner sued.

In my humble opinion, if you own a store and want to pick and choose who you serve as customers, then that is your right. You're the one paying the rent, overhead, bags, register receipt paper, electric, phone, hangers, display shelves, merchandise, employees, insurance, utilities, etc.

When I had my shop, all were welcome. Until they showed they were not fit to be there under my business roof.

Really? Perhaps you should tell the government...

Washington Florist Sued For Refusing to Provide Flowers For Same-Sex Wedding - ABC News

Same-Sex Wedding Cake Refusal Could Cost Christian Baker | Daily News | NCRegister.com

Vermont's Wildflower Inn Settles Gay Marriage Lawsuit With Lesbian Couple

» Studio Can?t Turn Down Gay Weddings | ABQ Journal

Hands On Originals T-shirt company accused of discrimination | Business | Kentucky.com

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Judge Rules Christian facility cannot ban same-sex civil union ceremony on its own premises

Judge rules in favor of lesbians suing Hawaii B&B

Gay Couple Sues Illinois Bed And Breakfast For Refusing To Host Civil Union Ceremony

That sounds so logical, but then there are those who would use that right to discriminate, then it doesn't sound so logical at all. Anyone that owns a store is in it to make money, and being picky might lose you some customers, especially if the word gets around. And, there are laws to prohibit such, so an owner would have to be very careful.

Some places of business specify (with signs) that you are not allowed entry if you are barefoot, wearing a bathing suit, or eating, but I don't think you can specify "no Gays - Transgenders allowed", in the US that would be illegal.

I guess if they are being disruptive or misbehaving, the owner always has the right to ask them to leave, but barring someone at the door might get a shop owner sued.

People keep telling me that not allowing men to use women's restrooms and dressing rooms is discrimination, yet they can never explain to me why women have to go to the restroom with men.

I'm also hearing a similar argument that it is homophobia and bigotry if NBA players don't want to s hare a lockeroom with gay guys, but it's not bigotry for women to not want to share a lockerroom with men.

I would have guessed "she" was a man. My God, look at "her" hands and arms in that main photo in the article!

So, should a man (complete with penis) who says he is really a woman be allowed to hang out in women's restrooms? With little girls? That's what I always wonder. I don't have any children so i don't give a fuck, but if I had a young daughter I sure as hell don't think I'd want men in dresses hanging out in the ladies' room with my little girl.

How far does this go, and where does it end?

Last edited:

People keep telling me that not allowing men to use women's restrooms and dressing rooms is discrimination, yet they can never explain to me why women have to go to the restroom with men.

Maybe because men's restrooms never have a line?

The libs on here think that person is a woman. Thus they think a woman get get prostate cancer.

Steve, you are one sad sick little twitch. You make idiotic statements like this one and I'll bet you believe all the nonsense you write. But, as much as you obviously believe your delusions, that's also how much they are not true.

But, aside from your mental health issues, it seems to me that the owner of this store is within his/her right to choose who he/she does business with. And that has nothing to do with the person's gender.

Too bad the other nutters don't think about this when they're harping endlessly on and on about how some jerk off should be able to wear what ever shirt he wants to wear to school or other similar issues.

And, of course, the rw nutbags would never agree that you should be able to marry whom you wish or get any form of birth control you want to pay for or that you should be able to choose when an if you bear a child.

Okay, steve, froot loop that you are, bat shit nutter board mascot that you are, run along and find more articles to obsess about. Or, call your therapist. Your choice.

I would have guessed "she" was a man. My God, look at "her" hands and arms in that main photo in the article!

So, should a man (complete with penis) who says he is really a woman be allowed to hang out in women's restrooms? With little girls? That's what I always wonder. I don't have any children so i don't give a fuck, but if I had a young daughter I sure as hell don't think I'd want men in dresses hanging out in the ladies' room with my little girl.

If "he" is transgender, he's like a woman in his head, so he wouldn't be going after other women or little girls. Now, if he was just a pervert pretending to be a woman, that is a different matter, but I seriously doubt that a "man" would dress up like a woman just to go into a woman's dressing room - women's dressing rooms have doors, so unless you are in the same dressing room, you ain't gonna see anything!

Maybe because men's restrooms never have a line?

I went to a concert at GWU in DC and the men's room had a much bigger line than the women's room and I would have been in my right under DC law to claim I'm a tranny to use the woman's bathroom.

The fucks with all this tranny bull shit ? If they dont want tranny money big fucking deal. Let some one else have it. Damn.

trannys are hisotrionic so they need constant attention all the time. Everything must be made into a giant soap opera for them. Instead of the tranny going to another store, the tranny needed to make a scene, then go to the press.

If "he" is transgender, he's like a woman in his head, so he wouldn't be going after other women or little girls. Now, if he was just a pervert pretending to be a woman, that is a different matter, but I seriously doubt that a "man" would dress up like a woman just to go into a woman's dressing room - women's dressing rooms have doors, so unless you are in the same dressing room, you ain't gonna see anything!

Pay attention. I was talking about public restrooms, not dressing rooms. There are usually common areas in restrooms and some women will even change clothes or change children who have messed their clothes in these areas if all the stalls are taken. They expect it to be an area that is private from the eyes of men.

Regardless of where "he" is in his head, I wouldn't want him in a public restroom with my daughter.

Forum List

Back