Brilliant Tweet by Ted Cruz

I AM curious as to why Congress isn't debating it. Isn't the House a majority of Republicans? Can't the Speaker get this going?

Or...................................are they on vacation?

Is Congress the ones talking about striking Syria?

Did Congress open their big, fat, ignorant, stupid suck-hole and draw a red line?

Is Congress asking the United States Military to prepare to strike somebody who isn't bothering us in the least, tiny little bit?

Yer a fucking genius.....

But one thing about mental defectives, you do tend to think alike and we can count on this line of thinking from the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM if the Stuttering Clusterfukk does hit Syria without running it by Congress first.

Which, if the Stuttering Clusterfukk does, he will almost certainly lose that vote.

He is one stupid motherfucker, but he has GOT to know that.

So one scenario is..... He orders the Military to hit Syria before Congress gets back and gets the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM to run cover for him by saying, "Well, he couldn't ask Congress because they weren't in session."

And then all the little commie boys and girls all over the Cuntry will start parroting that talking point.

Just a prediction, just a guess. But it has the gutlessness and the dishonesty of the dimocrap party written all over it.

Watching r-wing extremist heads explode is so comforting to me. Thank God Obama won!

Oh please, you know that the right wing is tickled pink over seeing obama fall flat on his face.

And the dolts in Congress wonder why they're despised so much. Vacationing, while they should be in session debating this incredibly important issue. Par for the course though i guess.

They don't have the authority to call themselves into a special session of Congress.

I guess Cruz, being Candadian, thinks we should be more like the United Kingdom.

I'm still trying to figure out what is so brilliant about Rafaels's tweet reminding folks that the congress is on a month long vacation.

I'm still trying to figure out what is so brilliant about Rafaels's tweet reminding folks that the congress is on a month long vacation.

Obama has been consulting with members of Congress, including a 90 minute conference call with Congressional leaders yesterday.

I guess the Canadian is miffed he wasn't part of it?

Obama will probable launch some type of attack without congressional approval only because it's the wrong thing to do. It doesn't matter that we have no interest in Syria.

I guess Cruz, being Candadian, thinks we should be more like the United Kingdom.

riiiight.....we don't have representatives discuss and vote on whether or not to go to war......we have a dictator....er, prez....to decide that for us....

Unfortunately, there isn't much solace in Congress taking this up. They've ceded most authority to the President. They've been a mere rubber stamp for misguided Wars for many many years. They would meet and then likely support War with Syria. That's their historical track record. So don't bet too many of your chips on Congress.

They should just follow the Constitution and debate a legal Declaration of War. Anything other than that, would be just another sad scam.

Obama has been consulting with members of Congress, including a 90 minute conference call with Congressional leaders yesterday.

Hey dumbass, the Canadian you're referring to isn't in Congress, he's in the Senate.

It seems we have a lot of rubes who think Congress is not being consulted.

Hey dumbass, the Canadian you're referring to isn't in Congress, he's in the Senate.

It sure is news to me that the Senate is not part of Congress! Gosh, I guess I really am stupid!

This shit is priceless!

:lol:

It seems we have a lot of rubes who think Congress is not being consulted.

The Constitution doesn't say Congress should be consulted. It says they need to approve of war. So lets have a debate on the issue.

A White House statement released after the 90-minute teleconference said the call included, among others, National Security Adviser Susan Rice, Secretary of State John Kerry, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and 26 lawmakers — the chairs and ranking members of national security committees within Congress.

Obama prepares for possible action against Syria

So you see, kids, when Congress is on vacation, it is still possible for the President to talk to members of Congress. And it doesn't have to be on TV!

The Senate is part of Congress... It's one of the two houses of Congress.

A White House statement released after the 90-minute teleconference said the call included, among others, National Security Adviser Susan Rice, Secretary of State John Kerry, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and 26 lawmakers — the chairs and ranking members of national security committees within Congress.

Obama prepares for possible action against Syria

So you see, kids, when Congress is on vacation, it is still possible for the President to talk to members of Congress. And it doesn't have to be on TV!

Irrelevant. Congress should meet and debate it properly. 'Consulting' or 'talking to' just isn't good enough.

It doesn't have to be on TV, but it does have to be in chambers with the opportunity for representatives to meet and confer.

obama didn't speak with all the congressmen or the senators. He called a few friends. The entirety of Congress and the Senate did not meet with one another.

He should recall Congress like James Cameron did in England, present his evidence, including all the evidence gathered by everyone else, and debate the issue.

The White House insists that its Thursday conference call — an unclassified briefing — is only part of a larger effort to consult with members of Congress. Indeed, a group of eight GOP senators known as the “Diners Club” discussed on Thursday Syria with White House chief of staff Denis McDonough, according to a Senate aide briefed on their previously planned lunch. In addition, Cabinet officials have called some top lawmakers.

Congress: President Obama needs Syria OK from us

I have no doubt a Republican President would want to take the same course as Obama with Syria. I.e., Launch a few cruise missiles up their ass.

But for those who live deep inside the "If Obama does it, it must be wrong" camp, there is no satisfying them.

BS2Az6OCMAEqIvJ.jpg

Brilliant Tweet By Ted Cruz | The Last Refuge

I AM curious as to why Congress isn't debating it. Isn't the House a majority of Republicans? Can't the Speaker get this going?

Or...................................are they on vacation?

Or, since they are damn near literally always on vacation - maybe they could oh; I don't know ... give a thought to returning early and doing their fucking jobs for once?!

Forum List

Back